Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JRE - Tim Dillon Rants about the future of America

Load Metric

JRE - Tim Dillon Rants about the future of America

JRE said it was one of the greatest rants ever on his show.

Comments

country978: "enjoying the end of the empire" - love it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Dillion is top top.

Elected governments are the cornerstone of democratic societies.

Powers or influences allowed demand equal levels of accountability and that accountability must be third party.

Freedom of the press. Your watchdog

Any government attempting to reduce or minimize the vital role of the watchdog is immediately suspect.

Like it or not, your free press, your watchdog, has been slandered by those you granted authority to.

That is a death blow to democracy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Dillion is top top.

Elected governments are the cornerstone of democratic societies.

Powers or influences allowed demand equal levels of accountability and that accountability must be third party.

Freedom of the press. Your watchdog

Any government attempting to reduce or minimize the vital role of the watchdog is immediately suspect.

Like it or not, your free press, your watchdog, has been slandered by those you granted authority to.

That is a death blow to democracy.
    Meanwhile the power hungry black face wearing POS son of Castro PM is destroying freedoms set forth in your precious Charter like a 5yr old stomping an ant pile. Canada has a much bigger issue with Democracy and freedoms being stomped then the USA by far. Justin Trudeau is closer to Maduro then he is any sane democratic leader. Dude is literally trying to destroy the agricultural businesses in Canada with his green new deal bullshit attacks on farmers and fertilizer.

Load Metric
    Really really epic rant and 100% spot on.

I’ve maintained that in 2007 Bush the II had a choice in front of him that shifted the corse of US history in ways many people couldn't understand. The system was going to critically fail. He either let the great reset take place then -or- you bail everyone out and set the printing press free and eliminate all doubt (to anyone paying attention) that the economic system was put on hospice and we are going to let it all play out as long as it will go on for.

Eventually it’s going to be how the plane is crashed, not if.

Load Metric
    Great stuff.

Whenever I hear that guy, he’s like the chuck palahniuk of comedians where I struggle to believe he’s gay. And it isn’t like I think all gay guys are flamboyant queens or feminine, but their art just feel inherently straight. Only two entertainers/artists where I find myself questioning their gayness, whereas there are a hundred artists where I question their heterosexuality.

Comments

ok25: You make everything gayer

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post

I’ve maintained that in 2007 Bush the II had a choice in front of him that shifted the corse of US history in ways many people couldn't understand. The system was going to critically fail. He either let the great reset take place then -or- you bail everyone out and set the printing press free and eliminate all doubt (to anyone paying attention) that the economic system was put on hospice and we are going to let it all play out as long as it will go on for.

Name:  Hillary woah.gif
Views: 365
Size:  4.15 MB

Spot on.

Comments

Sanlmar: Spot on

Forum Wars: On Spot, 100%

Load Metric

True, but people underestimate how long into the future they can drag this. Just look at the dollar now. Multi decade highs because it's still the only currency people trust during recessionary times. I mean the gubberment just gave 75% of the population a couple grand not to mention all the PPP loans that will never be paid back and we get some inflation mostly due to energy prices/bad policies. They can and will continue this for probably decades imo.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

True, but people underestimate how long into the future they can drag this. Just look at the dollar now. Multi decade highs because it's still the only currency people trust during recessionary times. I mean the gubberment just gave 75% of the population a couple grand not to mention all the PPP loans that will never be paid back and we get some inflation mostly due to energy prices/bad policies. They can and will continue this for probably decades imo.

I’m one of them (who underestimated). Dollar is still king, for now. It will continue to be, until it isn’t. The “good” news is it’s likely that Yen or Euro will fall first the way everything is set up. This part will be super interesting and it’s the part about when Dillon talks about us “Dying laughing” that I’m “looking forward too”. But that said it may be another 50 years. Everyone in the world except China and Russia is in bed with us. Billions of people who want to see things keep going the way they are. And like Dillon said things really aren’t that bad compared to what it could be someday.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post

I’m one of them (who underestimated). Dollar is still king, for now. It will continue to be, until it isn’t. The “good” news is it’s likely that Yen or Euro will fall first the way everything is set up. This part will be super interesting and it’s the part about when Dillon talks about us “Dying laughing” that I’m “looking forward too”. But that said it may be another 50 years. Everyone in the world except China and Russia is in bed with us. Billions of people who want to see things keep going the way they are. And like Dillon said things really aren’t that bad compared to what it could be someday.

There are so many elements that make Dillon work. Example #1: He was a mortgage broker. He got his own mortgage called in 2008. It goes on and on. He is just a delight.

The dollar is strong against Japan and the Euro. Perhaps you are unaware of the utter collapse across the pond.

Example:
    Sure Germany will be reading by candle light and burning furniture for heat this winter. . That’s understood. Their manufacturing is dead without imported (Russian) energy. Can you imagine? They are also a demographic (old) nightmare. Just fucked. Does that help the dollar? Really?

The whole globalization liberal world order thing is over. You don’t need a world currency like you did at Breton Woods. Unless there is another war or great reset.

50 years? The recent run was 50 years. You have absolutely no idea about 50 years. All I care about is the next 10 right now. We are dialed in. Gonna be epic.

But let us not spoil the moment and just enjoy the rant.

Comments

Forum Wars: 10000000%
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 08-20-2022 at 08:33 AM.

Load Metric

There are so many elements that make Dillon work. Example #1: He was a mortgage broker. He got his own mortgage called in 2008. It goes on and on. He is just a delight.

The dollar is strong against Japan and the Euro. Perhaps you are unaware of the utter collapse across the pond.

Example:
    Sure Germany will be reading by candle light and burning furniture for heat this winter. . That’s understood. Their manufacturing is dead without imported (Russian) energy. Can you imagine? They are also a demographic (old) nightmare. Just fucked. Does that help the dollar? Really?

The whole globalization liberal world order thing is over. You don’t need a world currency like you did at Breton Woods. Unless there is another war or great reset.

50 years? The recent run was 50 years. You have absolutely no idea about 50 years. All I care about is the next 10 right now. We are dialed in. Gonna be epic.

I’m aware of the broader performance. That said I’m not going to lose sleep about USD vs the south African Rand….. at least for the moment.

You need multiple currencies if you want to play currency games. That’s what’s taking place right now. Do we need multiple currencies to conduct a world wide economy like Mt Washington fed days…… no. I think Bitcoin has a chance to come out on top in the long run as a result. It sounds crazy but it’s legitimately perfectly placed.

I have no idea (nor did I say) it’s going to be 50 years. Or 40 or 30 or 75 for that matter. I’m just saying that Pooh is right that we may be surprised how long the ponzi can go on for.

Load Metric

Example:

I’m aware of the broader performance. That said I’m not going to lose sleep about USD vs the south African Rand….. at least for the moment.

You need multiple currencies if you want to play currency games. That’s what’s taking place right now. Do we need multiple currencies to conduct a world wide economy like Mt Washington fed days…… no. I think Bitcoin has a chance to come out on top in the long run as a result. It sounds crazy but it’s legitimately perfectly placed.

I have no idea (nor did I say) it’s going to be 50 years. Or 40 or 30 or 75 for that matter. I’m just saying that Pooh is right that we may be surprised how long the ponzi can go on for.
    Those with experience appreciate “longer wronger”. There is iron in them words.

Load Metric
    Name:  D9E26CBC-F002-4595-BCB3-E4D0200A8F43.jpeg
Views: 298
Size:  126.2 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I think that we are basically f**cked unless we change our winner take all voting system. Almost every other first world country has proportional representation or rank choice voting. To make it worse, the highly partisan nature of recent society is bringing forth more extreme candidates on both sides as they are the ones that win primaries. I think a step in the right direction would be to hold primaries the way that Alaska and a few other places do where there is a first round of primary voting, not related to party, and the top 2 or 3 move on to the general "last round election."

So long as we have a winner take all system there will never be a viable third party. Someone could get as much as 30% of the total popular vote nationally and end up with 0 electoral votes. Remember the constitution does not mandate how the electors are chosen by the states, but does mandate that the winning presidential candidate receive a majority of the total votes (today that's 270 out of 538).

Load Metric
    OP thanks for posting this. I'm off to get a McFlurry for the 1st time since 1990's (in the 1980's I had several). Going to go have fun today (it's Saturday, that's what Saturdays are for) maybe drink up later.

I've got a lot more things to think about (worry about?) than I did in the 1980's and 1990's, but I made it a goal to have fun after the pandemic and haven't really fulfilled that goal - yet. I'll try to spread the word to my younguns in the family too...take it easy, have fun ffs, and be responsible on the side...

Tim Dillon for Prez.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post
    I think that we are basically f**cked unless we change our winner take all voting system. Almost every other first world country has proportional representation or rank choice voting. To make it worse, the highly partisan nature of recent society is bringing forth more extreme candidates on both sides as they are the ones that win primaries. I think a step in the right direction would be to hold primaries the way that Alaska and a few other places do where there is a first round of primary voting, not related to party, and the top 2 or 3 move on to the general "last round election."

So long as we have a winner take all system there will never be a viable third party. Someone could get as much as 30% of the total popular vote nationally and end up with 0 electoral votes. Remember the constitution does not mandate how the electors are chosen by the states, but does mandate that the winning presidential candidate receive a majority of the total votes (today that's 270 out of 538).
    Yes and it's worth noting reaction to Dillon's take is basically ignored by the braintrusts on this site. As long the rand is trending positively these shallow types could care less

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post
    OP thanks for posting this. I'm off to get a McFlurry for the 1st time since 1990's (in the 1980's I had several). Going to go have fun today (it's Saturday, that's what Saturdays are for) maybe drink up later.

I've got a lot more things to think about (worry about?), but I made it a goal to have fun after the pandemic and haven't really fulfilled that goal - yet. Tim Dillon for Prez.
    You are on track. I got a chuckle from your "woke" mentions a while back. Satire rules

Comments

Forum Wars: Thanks Les.

Load Metric
    It's not all about me, but, for each of us, it should be (in part at least).

Don't forget "Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Keep in mind people like Daly relate all policies, regulations etc., towards ROI. Never mind the impact to non investors.

Watchdog agencies are a must when dealing with these sociopaths.

Time and time again regulations are simply a facade

Silver
    Load Metric
    When he had just a few hundred followers 6+years ago I messaged him and predicted was going to blow up

One of the first paying listeners to his original podcast in august 2016

BCR always playing catch up

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Wars View Post

I've got a lot more things to think about (worry about?) than I did in the 1980's and 1990's, but I made it a goal to have fun after the pandemic and haven't really fulfilled that goal - yet. I'll try to spread the word to my younguns in the family too...take it easy, have fun ffs, and be responsible on the side...

Tim Dillon for Prez.
    Don't act like that McFlurry machine is going to be in working condition.

Thread Information