Thread: Free Food for California Students?

Bronze
    Load Metric

Free Food for California Students?

Breakfast and Lunch?

https://www.pahomepage.com/news/cali...-students/amp/

How much is Benjamin required to put in his backpack to bring home to ease the pain on the "Jew wallet", Druff?

Load Metric
    Shit. Old news. Many if not most counties in Georgia have been doing this. Everyone is on the guvment tit. Well, almost everyone.

Gold
    Load Metric
    My son's district (In California) switched to free lunch during the pandemic, and just kept it free when the kids came back. From what I can tell even with it free most of the kids in my kid's school still bring their own lunches. But this is the suburbs and I imagine in the city more kids are eating the school food, although probably 99% of kids in the inner city qualified for free lunch based on family income anyways, so didn't change much.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    My kids district is back to paying for lunch.

Load Metric
    the school lunches are full of estrogen to turn boys into femboys

THEY'RE TURNING THE FUCKING FROGS GAY

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Social safety net ignored

Name:  2E224649-9A36-4A2D-BEC0-8252AA4D5BA3.jpeg
Views: 199
Size:  158.5 KB

You will pay for everything born from saint to sinner
    Last edited by limitles; 08-18-2022 at 09:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's dumb.

And it's also needless, as many school districts do not have many (or any) poor students. Why is there this dumb taxpayer subsidy for rich people? How is this fair to people without kids (or ones with grown kids)?

They were already providing free lunches to families below a certain income, which is the way it should be. I have no idea why they changed it. Happened during COVID, and now we're stuck with it.

Never underestimate the public school system's ability to waste money. I've seen this all my life -- first as a public school student in the '70s and '80s, and now as an adult. This is why I am always voting a hard NO to any kind of measure to raise taxes to fund schools. Use the vast budget you already have, spend more efficiently, and you won't need more money.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It's dumb.

And it's also needless, as many school districts do not have many (or any) poor students. Why is there this dumb taxpayer subsidy for rich people? How is this fair to people without kids (or ones with grown kids)?

They were already providing free lunches to families below a certain income, which is the way it should be. I have no idea why they changed it. Happened during COVID, and now we're stuck with it.

Never underestimate the public school system's ability to waste money. I've seen this all my life -- first as a public school student in the '70s and '80s, and now as an adult. This is why I am always voting a hard NO to any kind of measure to raise taxes to fund schools. Use the vast budget you already have, spend more efficiently, and you won't need more money.
    In a state as populous as California obviously supplying food to schools is VERY big business. Wouldn't be surprised if you dug deep enough you would find a big food vendor company made some "donations" to the right politicians to get this passed.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Having spent my entire life in Southern California, with my mom being a school teacher for 30+ years in LA County, of all the problems I see with the public schools in California, I put free food provided to the kids to be way, way down on the list. I'm sure if you dig deep enough, you'll find that at least part of the intent of this program is try and avoid the perceived embarrassment that some kids who come from poorer backgrounds can use some healthier food in their diets. Thus you simply make it a policy to provide free food for all. Whatever.

I'm far more concerned about things like the dumbing down of math in California public schools to try and make things more "equitable." I'd much rather have the goal be to have every student, no matter their background, excel in as much advanced math as possible. Throw more resources (money) at that goal.

Sad times for So Cal for sure, it definitely has changed.

Load Metric
    they serve meals to the kids all summer long too. it's all free. just show up.

and as to the nonsense about the kid's parents lacking funds to buy adequate food; food stamps are readily available and I'm sure they are all on them. and btw, they raised the % of food stamps roughly 30% recently b/c..... covid. but no one has mentioned that this is part of the food inflation problem, b/c it is against the narrative.

Load Metric
    But there is no free food for poker players.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    This is nothing they just started a "pilot" UBI program in my city. $1000 cash every month....just for the hell of it. No strings attached.

Comments

Tellafriend: We are irreparably doomed

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It's dumb.

The irony as Druff pointed out above with the free lunches also applies to the whole wiping out college debt thing will disproportionately benefit high income earners as they are the ones with the 100K+ in student debt not the poor who many probably got Pell Grants and the like upfront.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    This is nothing they just started a "pilot" UBI program in my city. $1000 cash every month....just for the hell of it. No strings attached.
    Isnt that where though the UBI beneficiaries have to be like LGBTQ+ or something and that it actually openly discriminates against CIS Gendered folks. I ask because I know there was a city who planned on exactly that UBI requirement.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Isnt that where though the UBI beneficiaries have to be like LGBTQ+ or something and that it actually openly discriminates against CIS Gendered folks. I ask because I know there was a city who planned on exactly that UBI requirement.
    https://mayor.baltimorecity.gov/news...-pilot-program

Read this pile of absolute fucking garbage.

Comments

Sanlmar: +1

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

https://mayor.baltimorecity.gov/news...-pilot-program

Read this pile of absolute fucking garbage.
    Americans ceased making babies and is facing an enormous labor issue as boomers retire. You closed the borders

Let take that tiny population of yute and put them on the dole.

When I was 20 I had two jobs and was on my own. Millenials are close to leaving home at 30. You wanna put Zoomers on UBI?

So fucked.

Comments

Tellafriend: So, so fucked

Thread Information