Thread: Club GG -- Any Good?

Bronze
    Load Metric

Club GG -- Any Good?

Has anyone tried the paid membership thing at Club GG? Any opinions? Is it worth $50 a month?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post
    Has anyone tried the paid membership thing at Club GG? Any opinions? Is it worth $50 a month?
    They raised it again?? Honestly ClubWPT is a better value overall just IMHO if your looking for a decent subscription site to play on and its cheaper. Now ClubGG does have the best app for clubs vs the shitty pokerbros, pppoker and such. they dont charge for chips within the clubs for owners, managers, which is how the other apps rip people off 5% vig. Downside is the only offer NLHE, 6+ and O4 and BigO theyre supposed to be adding OFC but thats been promised for awhile.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    No it's not. The software is about as bad as I have ever seen. If you are a 95% favorite on the river you'll lose the hand like you are a 5% favorite. 2 and 3 outers are common. It's not real poker.

I actually feel bad for the people that are new to NL and join ClubGG for experience. All they will see is the craziest hands. I joined for 2 months and am finished with it. Not real poker and if you are new to the game it can mess with you. Basically because like I said, the worst hand wins so much and 1 and 2 and 3 outers happen so much its absurd.

You have stage 1's that start every 30 minutes. If you win a stage 1 ticket you can play a stage 2 ticket like a sit n go. You sign up and usually it's 9 players. Only 1 gets a final stage ticket where you can win a seat into various 1k tournaments and wsopc mains. Sounds great right? Wrong. Here are a few of the hands that occur all the time.

Had 33 in stage 1. Called a raise flop 10103. We get it all in. I have a flopped full house lol. He has K10. Turn 10. I mean c'mon.

Had 54 suited. Called a raise. Flop 554. Wow another full house flopped lol. Guy had 76. We get it all in. Turn 7 river 7. I lose.

So you see the software is awful. Not worth it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ReformDorm View Post
    No it's not. The software is about as bad as I have ever seen. If you are a 95% favorite on the river you'll lose the hand like you are a 5% favorite. 2 and 3 outers are common. It's not real poker.

I actually feel bad for the people that are new to NL and join ClubGG for experience. All they will see is the craziest hands. I joined for 2 months and am finished with it. Not real poker and if you are new to the game it can mess with you. Basically because like I said, the worst hand wins so much and 1 and 2 and 3 outers happen so much its absurd.

You have stage 1's that start every 30 minutes. If you win a stage 1 ticket you can play a stage 2 ticket like a sit n go. You sign up and usually it's 9 players. Only 1 gets a final stage ticket where you can win a seat into various 1k tournaments and wsopc mains. Sounds great right? Wrong. Here are a few of the hands that occur all the time.

Had 33 in stage 1. Called a raise flop 10103. We get it all in. I have a flopped full house lol. He has K10. Turn 10. I mean c'mon.

Had 54 suited. Called a raise. Flop 554. Wow another full house flopped lol. Guy had 76. We get it all in. Turn 7 river 7. I lose.

So you see the software is awful. Not worth it.
    Any site for play money charging $50 a month is a ripoff plain and simple. I know ClubWPT has their diamond level membership but it also includes a complete membership to LearnWPT as well including their GTO trainer so at least theres some value added. $50 for the same play money experience essentially as like ClubWPT as far as winning seats and prizes just seems dumb.

Thread Information