View Poll Results: How far will you go to "respect the pronouns"?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will only use the pronouns of the sex a person was born

2 9.52%
  • I will use preferred pronouns only for people who clearly are living as the other gender

2 9.52%
  • I will use preferred pronouns like "they", but not crazy ones like "faer" or "bun"

4 19.05%
  • I will refer to people with the pronoun they ask for, regardless of how crazy-sounding

5 23.81%
  • Don't know, don't care

8 38.10%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How far will you go to "respect pronouns" in 2022?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

How far will you go to "respect pronouns" in 2022?

A controversy came up on Twitter, when poker coach Nick Howard tweeted this:

I'm not a big fan of Howard's, as he seems more like a wannabe deep-thoughted pseudointellectual at times. The above comparison of pronouns to poker is kinda stupid. But he's right regarding his main point -- that the whole pronouns thing has gotten out of control.

The way I see it, there are three levels of "respecting pronouns".

Level 1: Someone has transitioned to the other gender, and is clearly living every day as that gender. Famous examples of this are Ellen/Elliot Page and Bruce/Caitlin Jenner.

Level 2: Someone has declared themselves "trans", but hasn't really done all that much to change their appearance, and may not even be living as one gender consistently. These people will pick pronouns like "they/them" to reflect it.

Level 3: Someone has declared themselves some alternate form of trans, and wants you to use some crazy pronouns. These people will use pronouns like "faer/faerself" or "bun/bunself", and expect you to use them.

I will respect Level 1 above. If someone has gender dysphoria to the point where they felt that a full change to the other gender is the only way they can feel some degree of peace, I'm willing to respect that and call them by their new name and pronoun. For example, there was a guy I knew from the '90s who transitioned to a woman about 10-15 years ago, long before the whole trans thing became all the rage. I refer to this person as "she" and their new female name, and don't have a problem with doing that.

However, it's also obvious and doesn't need any listing of pronouns. If a dude becomes a chick, you can easily see that, and refer to that person as "she". If a chick becomes a dude, it's the reverse. No need to list or state pronouns.

I think the rest of the pronoun garbage ranges between mental illness, a cry for attention, virtue signaling, or a combination of both. Arguably the most irritating are the normie liberals who aren't trans at all, but still need to list their pronouns in their bio just to appear woke. When I see a chick born female, who lives as female, listed as "she/her" on Twitter, it's just so off-putting. Same with dudes who do the same.

The responses to Nick Howard's tweet are pretty much a woketastrophe. Everyone is accusing him of being "transphobic" and virtue signaling their heads off. Here's a good example:

https://twitter.com/KRabichow/status/1555258307308298240

Dumb.

In any case, how far will you go to "respect" pronouns? If a former dude who lives as a chick wants to be called "she", will you do it? What about a chick who was born female presents female, but wants to be called "they"? What about a person who asks that you refer to them as "faer" or "bun"?

Vote in the attached poll.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You buy into this? Get a life.

Load Metric
    I'll call them anything they want to be called, it takes zero effort and won't change my mental health at all, whereas it might make them feel great. Basic respect

Comments

nunbeater: basic respect, a concept lost on the right

Load Metric
    Probably live in one of the few cities in the country where this is an issue and not some pet conservative issue to fire the base up over.

I have no problem when someone makes it known what they want to be called, but refuse to do dumb shit like slap my pronouns on my business card/email signature.

I mainly work remote and saw that our HR rep put pride flags with the trans shit on everyone's desk. Straight to the garbage can.

Actually got contacted by HR because I refused to use my pronouns at a staff retreat where we were introducing ourselves to a facilitator. Happy to share if asked but unwilling to go the extra mile for a tiny percentage of mostly unbalanced freaks. Anecdotally, most of the trans I see are not contributing much if anything to society.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    my sisters teenage trumptard maga son will literally fight anyone who misgenders/deadnames any of his friends.

and a _lot_ of his friends are 'bespoke' genders.

giving a shit about pronouns regardless of which side of the political divide you are = boomer shit.

at best.

mr tickle really did sum it up; just be considerate and polite. and these days, being considerate and polite apparently includes letting people define where they feel most comfortable on the gender spectrum.

seems real fuckin stupid to me but whatever, it seems to make them happy. making people happy is nice sometimes.

Comments

devidee: It’s about power not happiness. Even if those asking for special pronouns don’t know it.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    pronouns?

fuck tranny faggots

Load Metric
    LOL AMERICA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    LOL AMERICA
    To be fair, your country has a big battle going on between the trans women and the lesbos, and in the US that's not really going on... at least not yet.

Comments

JACKDANIELS: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Load Metric
    I was gonna make a post about this months ago but chose not to cause it was clear the thread would turn into bigoted crap. It’s a shame Peterson had to come along because he fucked up the serious conversation and made it so polarized.

For myself I’m pretty open but do have some serious concerns especially around non binary and the lack of actual research going into the area.

I will say it’s no longer about just using proper pronouns. A large number of health care organizations have forced employees to include pronouns in their email signatures. The next step is that employees have are being taught they should be introducing their own pronounce in order to avoid making others feel uncomfortable. I’ve witnessed such training myself.

The other thing no one talks about is that non binary workers are in high demand for Canadian hospitals and are being paid at higher rates than typical workers as a result.

The unfortunate reality is the people questioning this are mostly the usual crew who you wouldn’t want to associate with which leaves a lot of people in an uncomfortvale place.

So ya this is not nearly done and only the beginning of a major shitstorm.

Load Metric
    The problem of course if you even hint that you have some concerns about such things is a mouth breeder will come along and ask if you have watched”watch is a woman”? So it’s just best to keep your mouth shut

Load Metric
    Who the hell runs into these “people” in their lives? You people must live in a different world than most of America.

Load Metric
    Will call someone what ever they prefer out of assumed mutual respect… personally I feel it is a attention\ego grab without having to do anything other than check a box and can be changed at will and expect to be addressed in kind.
    Perhaps folks should wear labels which use to be a big no no but I’ll go along so far as I’m entertained a bit.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    I mean, if they could just wear something that gives people a heads up on who they really are, that would be helpful for everyone.

Maybe like a gold star or something. Just spitball’n here.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Who the hell runs into these “people” in their lives? You people must live in a different world than most of America.
    Brother go to most any restaurant or hair salon there dripping with this shit
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I barely remember people’s names let alone any weird pronoun they may want.

I’ll do my best but if it’d der or zee or zur…I’m screwed.

Load Metric
    devidee: It’s about power not happiness. Even if those asking for special pronouns don’t know it.

thats an interesting and thought provoking point.

something i havent quite decided yet but it overlaps with that concern;

is the militancy / hysteria attached to the movement the product of the craziest people with the loudest voices taking over the narrative, or is it literally a foreign influence campaign?

theres no shortage of precedence for both origin stories, but the latter would be very, very aware of how corrosive introducing that power dynamic would be.

Comments

devidee: The military and the “foreign” influence aren’t in opposition.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Misread your post.

But stand by my response.

Essentially it’s both. The foreign influence campaign isn’t likely what you think it is, though.

Comments

sonatine: heard

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    my sisters teenage trumptard maga son will literally fight anyone who misgenders/deadnames any of his friends.

giving a shit about pronouns regardless of which side of the political divide you are = boomer shit.

at best.

mr tickle really did sum it up; just be considerate and polite. and these days, being considerate and polite apparently includes letting people define where they feel most comfortable on the gender spectrum.

seems real fuckin stupid to me but whatever, it seems to make them happy. making people happy is nice sometimes.

I'd tell them to suck my fucking dick and I'm calling them what they are. Not that I would ever run into one of these psychos in real life, because they only exist on the internet.

How is that for being "considerate and polite"?

And we know you don't have any "MAGA" friends, nor would they ever do what you claim. Stop making shit up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

at best.

I'd tell them to suck my fucking dick and I'm calling them what they are. Not that I would ever run into one of these psychos in real life, because they only exist on the internet.

How is that for being "considerate and polite"?

And we know you don't have any "MAGA" friends, nor would they ever do what you claim. Stop making shit up.
    You wouldn't do any of that though; stone cold lock you're a fucking simp with a shitty job with little to no chance at ever being a relevant person.

Comments

sonatine: lol mean
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I see several people answered that they'd "use whatever pronouns they were asked to use", but I don't really believe that.

If there's a dude walking around who was born male, dresses male, presents male, has a full beard, and still goes by the name "John", are you calling him "she" at his request? If so, LOL.

If there's a chick who wants you to use the pronouns "bun/bun/bunself" when referring to her, are you going to do it? If so, LOL.

I think it's a knee-jerk reaction for most libs to just say, "I'll respect all the pronouns", until they stop and actually think how foolish and awkward the whole thing is.

I don't even understand the need for pronouns. If you've transitioned to the other gender, it should be obvious, even if you don't pass very well. So it's reasonable to ask people to respect your new gender and new chosen name, but totally unreasonable to ask people to use nonsense pronouns because it makes them feel good.

The whole thing is really a giant virtue signal and/or attention grab. Like many things on the left, it started out as something semi-reasonable (newly transitioned people asking others to respect their new identity), and got morphed into something ridiculous, and everyone is too woke to speak out.

Thread Information