Thread: Druff did you REMOVE the BOA thread i posted in

Load Metric

Druff did you REMOVE the BOA thread i posted in

Dont see it now and wonder since i posted some personal info in it if you removed it, thank you

Comments

Kuntmissioner: GOD

Load Metric
    Druff texted me on this and he got it handled. He should be by soon to explain.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Dont see it now and wonder since i posted some personal info in it if you removed it, thank you
    Nothing to do with you.

I removed it because the entire thing turned out to be a misunderstanding (I'm not kidding), and it invalidated everything I wrote previously.

Rather than confuse everyone with 10 long posts about how I was a victim of bank theft, I decided to wipe it all and post my ultimate findings. And it was a surprising conclusion, to say the least.

Recall that I found this on early Wednesday morning, in my Bank of America account:

Name:  comenity45k-2.png
Views: 71
Size:  12.4 KB

As I did not authorize this, I thought it had to be fraud. What else would it be? I spent 5 stressful hours researching this and calling banks, in order to try and figure this out. The banks were mostly uncooperative, especially B of A.

Comenity did give me small pieces of info, including that the link between the Comenity account and my B of A account was established "a long time ago" -- which I got them to tell me was at least 18 months ago, but they wouldn't elaborate.

I had texted members in my family about what was happening. I wasn't asking for anyone's input -- just telling them how frustrating this all was for me, and how uncooperative the banks were regarding giving me info.

After 5 hours of this shit with the banks, I got a text from one of those family members. They were apologizing, as they were the ones to have "stolen" my 45k!

But why would my own family member steal from me?

They weren't. What both of us had forgotten was that, in 2019, we briefly had a joint account in order to make a particular transaction easier. At that point, they dropped off my account and it became just mine again. Fast forward to this week, and this person needed to transfer 45k from their B of A account to their Comenity account. They started the ACH transfer process, and selected "External Account - Bank of America", not seeing that there were TWO entries for this -- one their account, and the other mine where they had briefly been a joint holder. Their 45k transfer from B of A was accidentally started from my account instead of theirs!

As you see from my screen shot, my account was overdrawn by 28k, as I only had about 16k in there. B of A told me it would either bounce or be honored as a "courtesy", and I had no way to influence it at this point. Obviously we were both hoping for it to bounce.

Indeed, it did bounce, and the situation is resolved.

I was a few hours away from going to the police about this. Thankfully this person responded to my text before that happened!

Thread Information