Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Mariners Own Your Face

Feelin' Stronger Every Day tony bagadonuts's Avatar
    Load Metric

The Mariners Own Your Face

Believe it fuckers. 10 game win streak, 18-3 in their last 21 games, the best starting 5 in baseball and the best young star in the game.

Buckle up.

Comments

garrett: lol

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post
    Believe it fuckers. 10 game win streak, 18-3 in their last 21 games, the best starting 5 in baseball and the best young star in the game.

Buckle up.
    happy for you to be enjoying your baseball season. I had just begun regularly watching the Red Sox again when they went in the tank. At Fenway on Friday for game with Bombers to see them blasted. And in case anyone is wondering, you can find some of the world's best pizza in Boston but not at Fenway. It may be the world's worst and its like $8 a slice.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Drew Lock is still your starting QB

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Druff but fair

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Didn't we do this dance last year?

With a better team?

The 2021 Mariners went 90-72 -- good enough for a wildcard most years, but not with the Yankees, Red Sox, and Blue Jays all with low-90s wins, all trailing the Rays in the East.

This year's Mariners were 37-42 before the streak. Now they're 47-42. Congrats, I guess?

But you know who else has won 10 in a row? The fucking Orioles, who trail the Mariners just by two.

This year you do get the benefit of an AL where nobody aside from the Astros or Yankees is consistently good. This is a weird year in the AL, in fact. All seven wildcard contenders have between 43 and 48 wins.

You'll probably get some benefit out of the fact that four of those 7 wildcard contenders are in the East, so they will be eating each other, while you play in an easier division. You'll also possibly occupy that extra wildcard spot which was just added.

But still... wake me up when the Mariners are substantially more than 5 games over .500.

Comments

ftpjesus: ya kinda stole my thunder there Druff.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

With a better team?

The 2021 Mariners went 90-72 -- good enough for a wildcard most years, but not with the Yankees, Red Sox, and Blue Jays all with low-90s wins, all trailing the Rays in the East.

This year's Mariners were 37-42 before the streak. Now they're 47-42. Congrats, I guess?

But you know who else has won 10 in a row? The fucking Orioles, who trail the Mariners just by two.

This year you do get the benefit of an AL where nobody aside from the Astros or Yankees is consistently good. This is a weird year in the AL, in fact. All seven wildcard contenders have between 43 and 48 wins.

You'll probably get some benefit out of the fact that four of those 7 wildcard contenders are in the East, so they will be eating each other, while you play in an easier division. You'll also possibly occupy that extra wildcard spot which was just added.

But still... wake me up when the Mariners are substantially more than 5 games over .500.

Lot of truth here

That said if you are looking for positives if I had to do a straight rebuild of an entire franchise the first guy I’d call
    On is Julio Rodriguez.

Kids a MVP waiting to happen.

Silver
    Load Metric
    As a Mariners fan, you should know it's way too early, we haven't even hit the break yet, and Mariners don't start shitting the bed until the last month or so.

Maybe this year will be different? LOL.

Load Metric
    GO BRAVES!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Name:  1250744-canucks-jersey-vote.png;w=960.png
Views: 329
Size:  249.8 KB

Hope springs eternal

Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder

Familiarity breeds contempt

Don't lose your shirt

Comments

ftpjesus: Canada cant keep any sports teams except in the NHL.. Lost the Grizzles to the NBA and the Expos ended up in DC. Kinda sad..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Buckle up.
    Buckle up because there are no airbags on this late seventies model

Load Metric

With a better team?

Blah blah blah blah words words words blah blah blah.

I'm calling my shot Dan.

and if you don't like it, I really don't give a damn.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Had two picks I kinda liked today.

Cubs, which ended up a tremendous fail (down 8-0 last I looked).

Rangers to break the Mariners' streak was the other, but I didn't like the line (lol favorite) and Martin Perez has looked iffy lately. So I skipped it.

Well I regretted not taking the Rangers, as they jumped ahead 4-0 early on. Perez threw a lot of pitches but only allowed 1 run in 5 1/3. He left leading 5-1.

Now it's 6-5 Seattle in the 8th.

Maybe they read my post.

Load Metric

Buckle up.
    Not to rain on your parade Tony but the Orioles have won 10 straight also and are only 5 games worse overall on the season then Seattle with one less game played.. (Balt 45-44, Seattle 48-42) Difference is the Orioles who are dead last in the AL East are in what appears to be the legit toughest division in baseball right now as EVERY team is above .500 and are 15-5 in their last 20 games. and looking at both teams schedules over the last 20 meh.. Seattles is a little weaker in truth playing weaker teams in their own division and a team in Toronto who fired their manager due to their play. Their only notable was catching SD when they were struggling a little which does still count. (and yes Im aware of Seattle beating Baltimore 2 outta 3 which is really only why Seattle I would give a slight edge to but the Divisions are a huge factor in my eyes. The East is a Beast this year (especially with the Stankees running away and hiding with 14 game lead) and I dont give Seattle a snowballs chance in hell of catching Houston either.

Load Metric

With a better team?

I hadnt seen your post when I replied to Tony but as a long suffering O's fan I pointed out the same thing.. The AL East is a monster this year were in last place in a Div where EVERYBODY is above .500 now. The East is the beast this year. But reality is until the playoffs start and quirky things can happen the East and West are basically locked up for the Stankees and Cheatros.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

Buckle up.
    Not to rain on your parade Tony but the Orioles have won 10 straight also and are only 5 games worse overall on the season then Seattle with one less game played.. (Balt 45-44, Seattle 48-42) Difference is the Orioles who are dead last in the AL East are in what appears to be the legit toughest division in baseball right now as EVERY team is above .500 and are 15-5 in their last 20 games. and looking at both teams schedules over the last 20 meh.. Seattles is a little weaker in truth playing weaker teams in their own division and a team in Toronto who fired their manager due to their play. Their only notable was catching SD when they were struggling a little which does still count. (and yes Im aware of Seattle beating Baltimore 2 outta 3 which is really only why Seattle I would give a slight edge to but the Divisions are a huge factor in my eyes. The East is a Beast this year (especially with the Stankees running away and hiding with 14 game lead) and I dont give Seattle a snowballs chance in hell of catching Houston either.
    Even though it will be raining no Mariner fan is getting wet

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    ftpjesus: Canada cant keep any sports teams except in the NHL.. Lost the Grizzles to the NBA and the Expos ended up in DC. Kinda sad..

Of course I could not let this comment stand.

We have all kinds of sports. They're the ones people are interested in. The NBA is a spectacle and certainly of value to people who grew up with it.
    Why didn't it work here? Not enough people cared. Not enough people saw value in it. No one asked Canadians if they wanted this league but they should have.

Baseball is certainly different. Most Canadians appreciate the game but not nearly as much as you Yanks. If you can't fill seats it's ultimately on you. It would be a treat to see an also ran in the playoffs for a change

The Canadian/Nazi government rolled out a media campaign years ago called Participaction. They didn't need to

Also, the Seattle Supersonics starring downtown Freddy Brown, Jack Sikma etc.
    I was in heaven

Comments

LegalizeMeth: Dale Ellis and the x-man! loved those teams
    Last edited by limitles; 07-15-2022 at 07:35 PM.

Load Metric
    For you old timers remember I was way ahead of the Seahawks Super Bowl win.

Get some.

Load Metric
    For you old timers remember I was way ahead of the Seahawks Super Bowl win.

Get some.

I was pulling for him against Soto. Kid has amazing future in front of him.

He’d make more for winning that the he’ll make this year, while Soto turned down $440 million a few days earlier. You'd think there’d be some Dominican brotherhood and he’d throw him a bone. Half my team is from the Dominican Republic. Wish we were in on those two. Half the top 10 under 25 are from the DR. Tatis Jr, those two, Vlad Jr. Clase, Wander Franco.

Truly amazing the amount of talent that country pumps out for a population of 10 million. All Dominican Derby final. Jose and Clase had great games.

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Astute comments from the GOAT

Load Metric
    Reclaiming Mariners fandom after being a huge Griffey fan like every other piece of shit white kid who adopted his batting stance and were their hat backwards

Comments

tony bagadonuts: Fair play
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Thread Information