Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2022-23 THREAD

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Russ just keeps getting worse every year. I can’t imagine what they think they can salvage out of that situation? Anyone on the floor is an improvement. Dude is shooting 29% and and 8% from 3 and still shooting double digit shots every game in ever decreasing minutes. Just eat the contract or attach multiple firsts to him and move him. Either way, dude can’t be on the floor shooting 13 shots per game.
    This looks like they just want to close their eyes and hope this season ends up semi-okay, rather than mortgage the future to get rid of him. But it has been clear since training camp that this just isn't working. I agree that they need to just move on. As long as he's significant part of the offense, this team is going to keep underperforming.

The other problem is that Anthony Davis just doesn't have the makeup of a champion. This was the same criticism brought against Dwight Howard when he was in his prime. Just one of those guys who has a lot of talent but lacks the intensity to make a team into a champion. For all the criticism Kobe Bryant received, his intensity could never be questioned.

Anyway, I see this Lakers team being a lot worse than a lot of people might be picturing.

Load Metric
    Still unsure why Pelinka got extended unless it's a message to LeBron/Klutch to fuck off with demands.

LOL Russ jacking a transition jumper at the end of todays game. The smart play is just to buy out Westbrook at this point.

The real smart move would be to blow it up, ship Davis and flip LeBron in the offseason.

The latter won't happen but they shouldn't ship picks again to bolster a LeBron/AD team that can no longer win.

Comments

ok25: "The real smart move" Don't pretend you have any insight into anything you fucking faggot

BCR: Who is this nerd^ just obsessed with two year old story and raging all over the forum because no one pays attention to his copy and paste reddits

country978: please fuck off ok25
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Silver
    Load Metric
    I was at the game yesterday. I have not seen the fan base this agitated in a long time. I could be wrong but I expect a Russ trade within the next 2-3 weeks max. He just does not fit with this team.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    I was at the game yesterday. I have not seen the fan base this agitated in a long time. I could be wrong but I expect a Russ trade within the next 2-3 weeks max. He just does not fit with this team.
    My understanding is it is the Lakers management that has been holding up trading him, by refusing to give up their last 2 first round draft picks for the foreseeable future. As others have noted, it seems maybe they are sick of kowtowing to Klutch/Lebron and don't want to continue mortgaging the future for mediocre returns in the present.

However, without the firsts there is no trade. So not sure what they are going to do. I dont know what the market for AD is, but it might actually make more strategic sense to completely blow it up and try to rebuild.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    My understanding is it is the Lakers management that has been holding up trading him, by refusing to give up their last 2 first round draft picks for the foreseeable future. As others have noted, it seems maybe they are sick of kowtowing to Klutch/Lebron and don't want to continue mortgaging the future for mediocre returns in the present.

However, without the firsts there is no trade. So not sure what they are going to do. I dont know what the market for AD is, but it might actually make more strategic sense to completely blow it up and try to rebuild.
    It's funny because trading AD was the first thing that popped into my mind as well. He has played pretty well and aggressively the first 3 games of the season. So trade him while his value is relatively high before the inevitable yearly injury to his leg(s).

I've read the same thing about trading Russ and the hold back by the Lakers.

All I can say is that I've had the same seats since 1996, we came over from the Forum to Staples when it opened. Over that time I've only felt this level of anger from the regular long time season ticket holders as you get down towards the floor seats a few times. My memory is not as good as it used to be so I can't remember for certain which coach it was that was fired/suddenly retired (I feel like it was Tomjanovich with Dr Buss but am not certain), but once a decade or so the long time season ticket base can actually apply sufficient pressure to get the attention of the front office. It feels to me like this is one of those times.

Load Metric

Talking

I’d blow it up if I could, but I also don’t know what AD’s value is. They aren’t one move away from anything besides a play in. That’s a horrible roster besides those two. There wouldn’t be anyone untouchable on that team to me. Even Lebron doesn’t have a no trade from my understanding, just a trade kicker. It would be an all out war to trade him, but he wouldn’t care if he was leaving you.

I’d just want to clear the entire team off the books and bottom out. Teams would overpay for AD and Bron. Knicks would give you every asset they have. You’d have a ton of money to spend and assets. With LA’s draw as a destination and a bunch of picks, you’d be competing for championships in 2 years. There isn’t a single move that will make this team a contender. The league is too good right now.

Load Metric

I’d blow it up if I could, but I also don’t know what AD’s value is. They aren’t one move away from anything besides a play in. That’s a horrible roster besides those two. There wouldn’t be anyone untouchable on that team to me. Even Lebron doesn’t have a no trade from my understanding, just a trade kicker. It would be an all out war to trade him, but he wouldn’t care if he was leaving you.

I’d just want to clear the entire team off the books and bottom out. Teams would overpay for AD and Bron. Knicks would give you every asset they have. You’d have a ton of money to spend and assets. With LA’s draw as a destination and a bunch of picks, you’d be competing for championships in 2 years. There isn’t a single move that will make this team a contender. The league is too good right now.
    A shame that this shitty team dominates the media landscape despite not being fun at all to watch since LeBron joined.

Any positive feelings toward LeBron and the bubble title would be long gone if I were a Lakers fan. Fans were used to being at the mercy of an aging, petulant superstar, had a fun few years of developing young guys before hitting reset and signing up for the full cuckoldry treatment again.

Fuck this team though, the Blazers are fun. I still think I like my under pick but at least they'll be fun to watch which I didn't expect. Any concerns about Lillard being cooked can be put to bed.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    The Lakers are going stink and be in shambles for a long time for various reasons.

First..Westbrick.
    Name:  E43B85D4-D8B5-4BF6-9C28-E3A751F8D1B9.jpeg
Views: 179
Size:  728.4 KB
    He has to go somehow. Buy out him like the previous posts stayed or trade him. He’s selfish and only cares about him. If he wanted to win a championship so bad then change your game and your attitude. He has done neither of those things.

Second…Pelinka
    Name:  99DC1F95-7133-4EAB-932C-D9D7A26D487F.jpeg
Views: 180
Size:  797.8 KB
    Ever since Kobe Bryant died, this guy can’t manage a franchise of this caliber no more. The AD trade stripped them of talent that has done well outside the Lakers. Look at Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball and Josh Hart and let’s not forget those draft picks too. Later, you gut all of your role players for Westbrick (Kuzma, KCP, and plus more draft pick capital that went to the Wizards). Now he had numerous chances to deal Westbrick, and possibly AD but he won’t do it.

Third…Anthony Davis.
    Name:  F7D15114-E84C-4532-8C22-EE0B6FF5B7B8.jpeg
Views: 173
Size:  646.9 KB
    I don’t know what is up with this guy but ever since he won the Bubble Title, he is to me the softest player in the NBA. A tumbleweed can graze him and he’s out for 3 months. There’s not heart and no desire there at all and I’m not sure if there ever was. Talent can only get you so far and he’s the prime example of that (Ben Simmons is the same but that’s another story for another day).

Fourth…Jeannie Buss.
    Name:  4E6A9E14-5C4F-4066-9779-3CB06C001B64.jpeg
Views: 170
Size:  1.37 MB
    She allowed all of this transpire under her reign as majority owner of this team. She needs to stop using to her former boo Phil Jackson and that weirdo Kurt Rambis as if he was some basketball guru smh…

Finally…Lebron.
    Name:  4B47A9C2-89CB-49C1-9C53-B10B6843EA4B.jpeg
Views: 166
Size:  774.7 KB
    Need I say more?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

A shame that this shitty team dominates the media landscape despite not being fun at all to watch since LeBron joined.

Any positive feelings toward LeBron and the bubble title would be long gone if I were a Lakers fan. Fans were used to being at the mercy of an aging, petulant superstar, had a fun few years of developing young guys before hitting reset and signing up for the full cuckoldry treatment again.

Fuck this team though, the Blazers are fun. I still think I like my under pick but at least they'll be fun to watch which I didn't expect. Any concerns about Lillard being cooked can be put to bed.
    Lebron being a total dick kinda drove me away from Lakers fandom. That plus it's just been maddening watching them be a failteam in all but 2020 over the past decade or so.

I really enjoyed both the Showtime and the Shaq/Kobe eras, and I tolerated the crap in between. But now... it's just not the same. The beginning of the end was Jerry Buss first losing interest in the team (in favor of poker, of all things), and delegating everything to his kids.

Silver
    Load Metric
    "The Lakers say that Russell Westbrook is doubtful for Wednesday's game in Denver because of the same hamstring injury that limited him to five minutes in the preseason finale."

Hmmm

Maybe they'll just send him home like John Wall last season.

Load Metric
    Key lesson from last night. If Zion is out the game plan is to not feed McCollum

Load Metric
    LeBron and Aaron Rodgers have always been indistinguishable in my eyes.

Fun to see folks comin’ around

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, they benched Westbrick, went into the first half in Denver with a tie, and now is the predictable 3rd quarter collapse.

Nets already collapsed and lost yet again.

Why I'm not auto-fading these teams is beyond me. I need to start.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Well, they benched Westbrick, went into the first half in Denver with a tie, and now is the predictable 3rd quarter collapse.

The Lakers are horrible. If they’re less than 7 point dogs, I don’t see how you can lose money. I’ve moved back to Tahoe for the winter and I’ve got about $75 on my Caesars account. I might actually start betting against them.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Key lesson from last night. If Zion is out the game plan is to not feed McCollum
    Against Dallas? You had some sort of McCollum prop that didn't hit?

I was watching that game. He had the ball in his hand the whole game. He took a lot of shots (his shot was off so he did miss a lot of them) and distributed the ball and set up his teammates good too. I am sure he crushed his assist prop, whatever it was. He played fine.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I watched most of the game. AD tweaked his back early in the 3rd and could barely move the entire 2nd half. With AD limited mobility, Jokic completely had his way. Denver had this white rookie Braun from Kansas who isn't even very big who was also completely manhandling them inside when Jokic was resting.

If AD is going to be compromised, Lakers have zero interior defense. Everyone else on the team is a turnstile. This could get real ugly real fast.

Load Metric
    Memphis is fucking awesome, great watch if you're a casual and want to see an exciting young team that always plays hard.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Memphis is fucking awesome, great watch if you're a casual and want to see an exciting young team that always plays hard.
    Yes I made the mistake of backing LOL Sacramento against them. Didn't work out. Memphis looking like one of the underrated teams of 2022-23.

Load Metric
    With all the attention on next years draft, this years is showing to be pretty damn solid also so far. Banchero and Mathurin are out there looking like 3 year vets the first week of the year.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Myles Turner is being very clear that he wants to be traded to the Lakers: Last minute:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...l-trade-pacers

If I'm the Lakers, I take a very hard look at this with the position that you're in. I know what I can provide for a team -- my leadership, my shot-blocking, my 3-point ability and just my ability to make plays out there on the floor.

Turner clearly would rather be in LA rather than Indianapolis -- both because the city/market itself is more appealing, and because the Pacers are going nowhere. But be careful what you wish for. If Turner is shipped here, he might find himself hating life.

The Lakers should NOT mortgage the future by trying to make this failteam work. They're being asked to give up first round picks for 2027 and 2029, in order to give themselves a better shot at winning today. That's a big ask. We're talking about a loss of two picks which will greatly impact the late 2020s and early 2030s for the team, which would most likely make a 2022 failteam just a little less fail.

Lakers need to give up on the 2022-23 season. Concede it's a disaster, play it out, and move on. Then once Westbrick's contract falls off, start to build the team back up, but not at the expense of the future. Lebron won't like it, but fuck him. He basically wants them to torpedo the team into the 2030s in order to give himself a chance to win another ring before he hangs it up. It's not the Lakers' problem that Lebron is about to be 38, nor should they kill the team further because he fucked it up in the first place.

Thread Information