Quote Originally Posted by ok25 View Post
    LOL @ the suns

Starting Lineups
    Ayton D.
    Booker D.
    Bridges M.
    Johnson C.
    Paul C.
    The starters all only played 22 minutes. It is the first preseason game. Relax. I looked at the box score, and the Australian team had 2 guys go combined 15-27 from 3. When that happens in a preseason game the team with the hot shooting from 3 is probably going to win.
    Relax? You have hurt feelings? I know it's preseason. All I commented was LOL

They play with a shorter FIBA 3pt line so overcame that disadvantage as well

I watched the game and they were clearly butt hurt guys on 1/10th the money were tagging them up

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Lonely faggot

Diamond
    Load Metric
    PFA'S TOP NBA GUY, THESIDEGOD, LIKES DUBNATION 6/1 PHILLY 15/1 AND THE LAKERS 30/1

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ok25 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

The starters all only played 22 minutes. It is the first preseason game. Relax. I looked at the box score, and the Australian team had 2 guys go combined 15-27 from 3. When that happens in a preseason game the team with the hot shooting from 3 is probably going to win.
    Relax? You have hurt feelings? I know it's preseason. All I commented was LOL

They play with a shorter FIBA 3pt line so overcame that disadvantage as well

I watched the game and they were clearly butt hurt guys on 1/10th the money were tagging them up
    Proof I'm a lonely faggot apparently

Sloppy Joe, please continue your abysmal attempts at trash talking. It's really hitting hard

Gold
    Load Metric
    Nuggest O50.5 -125
    Timberwolves O48.5 -150
    Philly O50.5 -125

--Laying a lot of juice on these ones, so I guess I am not alone in my optimism for these teams.

Gold
    Load Metric
    According to the NYPost Lakers were in serious trade discussions with Pacers, although nothing came to fruition (yet).

Westbrook for Turner, Hield and 2 first rounders. That actually might have made the Lakers an interesting team. Turner/AD/Beverly would be a very effective defenssive core and you could actually surround Lebron/AD with decent 3 point shooters to space the floor (Hield, Turner, Beverly?). Although Turner may not have been happy being relegated to a floor spacer on offense.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Watched the Pelicans preseason game. Forgot how freakish and dominant Zion is. He always goes left, but it doesn't matter. Between his quickness and his size he always creates enough space to get an easy shot off. They said the announcers were saying this was him "in shape" and he still looked very big, so I donno how long his body is going to hold up if this is "in shape."

Load Metric
    Will be interesting to see how the Warriors handle the latest Draymond debacle. If he hadn't rallied in the second half of the finals last year it would be a no brainer to get rid of him, but old Draymond finally showed up and did his thing.

Has been a complete headache for the entirety of his career. Don't think he's worth it anymore.

Lots of teams may want him for a small price but hard to imagine anyone save a shitty franchise to pay him anything sizable next year.

Unless they don't want Poole, if I'm the Warriors that video is now leverage and any 'legacy' earned bloated contract next summer is gone.

Comments

BCR: Agree with your likely outcome. The video was much worse than what was initially reported. Dude is just an ass and always has been.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Will be interesting to see how the Warriors handle the latest Draymond debacle. If he hadn't rallied in the second half of the finals last year it would be a no brainer to get rid of him, but old Draymond finally showed up and did his thing.

Has been a complete headache for the entirety of his career. Don't think he's worth it anymore.

Lots of teams may want him for a small price but hard to imagine anyone save a shitty franchise to pay him anything sizable next year.

Unless they don't want Poole, if I'm the Warriors that video is now leverage and any 'legacy' earned bloated contract next summer is gone.
    Total punk move. The fact that Jordan did it to Kerr they might just keep him this year and let him walk in free agency.. Not sure how good his trade value is after this and one more year and Wiseman and Kuminga should be playing big minutes. Pretty sick the young talent they have w the veterans.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Nuggest O50.5 -125
    Timberwolves O48.5 -150
    Philly O50.5 -125

--Laying a lot of juice on these ones, so I guess I am not alone in my optimism for these teams.
    I like that Philly over and going to play some of that thank you..
    I like 2 teams finally getting past their demons and making the Finals this year Philly vs Clippers

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by padre33 View Post

Total punk move. The fact that Jordan did it to Kerr they might just keep him this year and let him walk in free agency.. Not sure how good his trade value is after this and one more year and Wiseman and Kuminga should be playing big minutes. Pretty sick the young talent they have w the veterans.
    The Jordan equivalent would be if in some universe Steph Curry laid out Jordan Poole. Draymond is effectively the drunk Rodman comp here, with additional baggage.

I think he's uniquely good for them and honestly enjoy his bullshit most of the time but they are positioned to win going forward with their young guys. Would shop him and grab what's out there.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    I am interested to see if the books take a few weeks to adjust to the new take foul free throw rule change where the best shooter on court takes the FT and possession is maintained.

I think many players are going to do it out of habit. The one who don’t, most of the time it prevented an easy basket, so either way, I’m guessing that rule change might account for something like an extra 8 points a game on average. I actually think not taking it might account for more points than the FTs.

It will impact teams who push the ball up court more frequently above average. Might just blind bet every over for a modest amount for first week and see if the books are on top of it immediately or take awhile to adjust like most rule changes.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I am interested to see if the books take a few weeks to adjust to the new take foul free throw rule change where the best shooter on court takes the FT and possession is maintained.

I think many players are going to do it out of habit. The one who don’t, most of the time it prevented an easy basket, so either way, I’m guessing that rule change might account for something like an extra 8 points a game on average. I actually think not taking it might account for more points than the FTs.

It will impact teams who push the ball up court more frequently above average. Might just blind bet every over for a modest amount for first week and see if the books are on top of it immediately or take awhile to adjust like most rule changes.
    My friend bets unders 99% of the time, especially early in any season. I'm sure he will take all unders and we can crossbook and eliminate juice..
    50 or 100 a game. It will be fun as an experiment as well. We can Escrow something to Druff and get the lines every day at 1pm eastern or something.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by padre33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

My friend bets unders 99% of the time, especially early in any season. I'm sure he will take all unders and we can crossbook and eliminate juice..
    50 or 100 a game. It will be fun as an experiment as well. We can Escrow something to Druff and get the lines every day at 1pm eastern or something.
    Edit all games the first 7 days would be my idea. Tell me what you think BCR

Load Metric
    Have less of a feel for the league this year than I have in the past decade with less interest, growing kid, new job etc. I have no idea how people like my dad were/are able to follow basically all major sports while keeping a good job and being a present parent.

League feels wide open for someone like Luka, Jokic, Embiid, Zion, Ja to level up and dominate.

No over unders jump out either. Checked lines expecting to hammer the Bulls under (thinking it would be 45-47) only to see them at a measly 42. Lakers under is tempting because it will hit if LeBron or AD go down but the return from moving Russ and the two firsts will make over likely.

Would hammer the Grizzlies over if not for Ja's injury history. At least Portland will be trying again.
    Added in a bet of Blazers u39.5 based off of preseason.

Will be thrilled to be wrong but caught the final two games: Chauncey Billups looks incompetent and Nurkic is slower and lazier. Lillard historically is underrated imo and has dragged some bad teams to good seeds in the past. Unless he comes back to 100% peak (unlikely) I don't think he'll be able to have the same impact given how teams around Portland have improved.

Don't see a pathway for this team being anything better than a late play-in. Hope I'm wrong but entering season two of not having season tickets anymore and not regretting it.

Load Metric
    Suns are in trouble this season clearly. Another drama with a rookie not getting extended who probably shouldve been (and this wasnt a Max contract situation unlike Ayton last year). They may very well finish 4th or 5th in the West. Its gonna be a slugfest for sure not even sure if anybody hits 60 wins for the 1 seed. Likely Golden State is #1 seed, Clippers 2 and ideally Suns finish 3rd but who knows could be literally 1-2 games could mean the difference between 3rd and 5th. Memphis isnt going anywhere and would be my guess to finish 3rd if the Suns dont. (IF CP3 looks as bad as he did end of the playoffs its bad bad news in Phoenix). I know the preseason shouldnt mean anything but the last time an NBA team got beaten by a non NBA team in the preseason they didnt have a great season (OKC was the team). I mean even Dallas is a threat to finish ahead of Phoenix POSSIBLY with them adding McGee from Phx in the off season. Time will tell after tip off Wednesday

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Suns are in trouble this season clearly. Another drama with a rookie not getting extended who probably shouldve been (and this wasnt a Max contract situation unlike Ayton last year). They may very well finish 4th or 5th in the West. Its gonna be a slugfest for sure not even sure if anybody hits 60 wins for the 1 seed. Likely Golden State is #1 seed, Clippers 2 and ideally Suns finish 3rd but who knows could be literally 1-2 games could mean the difference between 3rd and 5th. Memphis isnt going anywhere and would be my guess to finish 3rd if the Suns dont. (IF CP3 looks as bad as he did end of the playoffs its bad bad news in Phoenix). I know the preseason shouldnt mean anything but the last time an NBA team got beaten by a non NBA team in the preseason they didnt have a great season (OKC was the team). I mean even Dallas is a threat to finish ahead of Phoenix POSSIBLY with them adding McGee from Phx in the off season. Time will tell after tip off Wednesday
    Yeah. Pretty unprecedented for a good team that essentially lost no one except a couple over the hill role players (Crowder, McGee) to have a season O/U total 12 wins lower than they won the season before, so pretty big regression is expected. And I am not doing anything with this, but if I had to force bet it I would definitely go under.

Load Metric
    LOL the Lakers are fucked even if AD and LeBron stay healthy throughout. Even if they ship Westbrook and picks I don't see the return yielding anything better than a play-in seed.

Yes, they played the Warriors but no one can shoot.

Everyone past top two is probably a below average NBA player.

Gold
    Load Metric
    So I guess the Blazers are going to just make miraculous comebacks every game and go 82-0?

Lakers were up 7 with 2:00 left and found a way to lose somehow. Suns had a similar collapse. Of course I am holding a Blazer Under season win bet and dont know what the fuck is going on. I am additionally annoyed because I meant to bet Blazers this game, but didn't realize it was such an early start, and was focusing on football and never got the bet in.

Seriously though, so far EVERY time the game is slipping away and the team needs a bucket, Lilliard seems to make a deep 3, so hats off to his clutch shooting.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Might be time to start auto-fading the Lakers. I kinda thought this after reading about in the preseason how they basically had no real plan for coexistince between Lebron, Davis, and Westbrook, and were just proceeding with a laughable, "If you have it, go with it" ballhandling philosophy. That's basically a concession that you can't manage the egos on the team. The whole feel of it was one of impending disaster.

Load Metric
    Russ just keeps getting worse every year. I can’t imagine what they think they can salvage out of that situation? Anyone on the floor is an improvement. Dude is shooting 29% and and 8% from 3 and still shooting double digit shots every game in ever decreasing minutes. Just eat the contract or attach multiple firsts to him and move him. Either way, dude can’t be on the floor shooting 13 shots per game.

Thread Information