Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2022-23 THREAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2022-23 THREAD

Nothing too surprising yet minus Durant thing.

LOL at Wizards paying Bradley Beal 50m a year to finish 8th in perpetuity. Also really like Dejounte Murray but not on the Hawks at that price.

Blazers just signed Gary Payton II at 9m/year. Verdict is out on if they overpaid but I'll enjoy watching him and Portland never gets cheap free agents that are good.

LOL at Brooklyn getting straight cucked by all of their big three.

Havent dug in to what's even possible in terms of a haul for a Durant trade; could they get a package around someone like Zion or Jaylen Brown?

They have zero draft future because of Harden (lol) and ended up with Ben Simmons (lol), are held captive by a legit crazy person in Kyrie Irving (lol) and were just told by one of the greatest players in history to fuck off and trade him with four guarantees years left on his contract (lol), a year after being like unanimous title favorites and getting swept in the first round with Jayson Tatum outplaying Kevin Durant to an alarming degree (lol).
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    In theory a team with a core of Durant, Irving, Simmons, Harris, and Curry should be very competitive. There must be something going on behind the scenes that Durant has decided to blow it all up. I am guessing he has no confidence that Irving or Simmons can be depended on to show up every day and do what it takes to build a championship contender.

Load Metric
    This thread just reminded me I lost $7500 on that pussy Tatum.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Hedged against Warriors series bet twice, both huge faggot games by Tatum.

Think his shoulder was more fucked up than reported but he is a cuck.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Hedged against Warriors series bet twice, both huge faggot games by Tatum.

Think his shoulder was more fucked up than reported but he is a cuck.
    Fucker couldn’t make a layup the last five games.

I guess I should be happy. Had you told me Draymond would suck. That Steph would go 0-9 from 3 in the most important game. That Wiggins would be the second best Warrior. I’d have probably lost $100k.

Load Metric
    Sean Marks should be given an extension for having to deal with all that dumb shit as a neutered GM. Durant....just lol. "Give me Kyrie and Harden". It implodes as even rubes on an 8th tier poker forum predicted.

Now Durant "trade me!" I would, ironically, Ben Simmons his ass...."sorry, Kevin, we're trying. Still waiting for proper value. Sit out if you want."

At some point, some owner has to stand up to this player empowerment revolution, its in their nature. I hope its now, with Durant. "You created this mess, you have 4 years left, deal with it."

Gold
    Load Metric
    Starting with the Brooklyn series where he was great his play got consistently worse as the playoffs went on. He clearly hit some sort of wall.

Losing Payton pretty big for the Warriors. When your playoff rotation is 7 guys and you lose one of them, that has to hurt. But he has bounced around a lot on low salaries, so understand the choice to make some real money in Portland (by real life standards, if not NBA standards). Given how much salaries have skyrocketed the last 20 years, he probably isn't making much less on this contract than his dad's salary during his prime.

Edit: Just saw Boston got Brogdon for basically nothing. Big upgrade on the Derrick White spot. Although I cant imagine Brogdon is going to come off the bench, so that makes the choice of starting 5 interesting assuming Horford and R. Williams stay on team. Maybe Horford would be willing to come off the bench?
    Last edited by Kalam; 07-01-2022 at 11:21 AM.

Load Metric
    REPORT: Kyrie Irving wanted new deal to guarantee he wouldn't have to play more than 60 games in a season and could sit out back-to-backs, per Ric Bucher.

Clickbait?

Or is this the future of the NBA for stars? Contracts guaranteeing load management?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    REPORT: Kyrie Irving wanted new deal to guarantee he wouldn't have to play more than 60 games in a season and could sit out back-to-backs, per Ric Bucher.

Clickbait?

Or is this the future of the NBA for stars? Contracts guaranteeing load management?
    Might be smart anyway, as the future of the NBA itself seems to be load management.

Kawhi Leonard, with all his weirdness, got the ball rolling with the load management of stars thing.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Clickbait?

Might be smart anyway, as the future of the NBA itself seems to be load management.

Kawhi Leonard, with all his weirdness, got the ball rolling with the load management of stars thing.
    At Kyrie's age and injury history probably most of the coaches in the league would make this the plan anyways. The only thing is they would want to be the ones deciding when Kyrie rests, whereas I am sure Kyrie wants to be the one pulling the strings.

Load Metric
    I guess we are going to see how good the Blazers would have been had they had a Mobley and Jarrett Allen. Traded a fuckton. Don’t love it at first glimpse. No SF and no ability to get one. If Lebron hadn’t signed extension he likely ties Jordan

Load Metric
    I guess we are going to see how good the Blazers would have been had they had a Mobley and Jarrett Allen. Traded a fuckton. Don’t love it at first glimpse. No SF and no ability to get one. If Lebron hadn’t signed extension he likely ties Jordan
    Love it as a neutral who loves watching the Cavs. So much better than some shitty, gutted Knicks team.

Mitchell is fucking good, just has been toiling away in Utah and didn't give a shit last year. He's one that looks like he plays hard but defensively is awful.

He's one of the only guys I've cooled on simply because he was on that insufferable Jazz team. Mobley and Allen cover up his defensive perfectly; Gobert is far better than both but both guys are young and already great.

Love this one.

Thread Information