Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 83

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2022-23 THREAD

  1. #21
    Diamond BCR's Avatar
    Reputation
    1848
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,297
    Load Metric
    23865692
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Lakers are so low on Westbrook and his lol $47m salary that they're willing to take headcase Kyrie AND possibly some other shit contract in return.

    Yahoo says that the Nets are demanding Joe Harris, straight outta ankle surgery, also be part of the deal. Harris is owed almost $39m over the next 2 years.

    Kyrie is to make $36.5m in 2022-23, while Westbrook is making $47m.

    The Lakers want it to be Kyrie & Seth Curry for Westbrook. Curry is making just $8.5m. Nets aren't going for that -- at least not right now.

    Not sure how Lebron thinks that trading one head case for another is going to bring a championship to LA, but okay. Also, note that Lebron turns 38 this December.
    Westbrook straight sucks now, never could add any nuance to his game other than full charge ahead. I still respect how he gives it 100% every time, even if at the detriment to his team.

    Kyrie is a straight lunatic but still amazing at times. Completely responsible for destroying the Nets.

    If the Blazers were forced to take one of them in a vacuum I would want Westbrook 100%. Don't want a locker room cancer.
    The real concern is playing out his option, he might be sane for a minute and then you give him $250 million and heís just as nuts the next year. He didnít get extended, right? Just opted in?

    For the Lakers, obviously Kyrie is better option and just hope you get lucky for a few months given the sand in Lebrons hour glass is almost out, and Westbrook is legit bad.

     
    Comments
      
      Sloppy Joe: One more year for Russ + fuck Kyrie to hell

  2. #22
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3612
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    18,258
    Load Metric
    23865692
    Kyrie & Anthony Davis to play under 50 games between the two of them -180

    C’mon LeBron, let’s do this

  3. #23
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    640
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,134
    Load Metric
    23865692
    The Lakers seem to forget that they are the team currently employing Russ, and thus they have no leverage.

    I hate Kyrie but I would snap-call on Kyrie/Harris for him.

  4. #24
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    640
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,134
    Load Metric
    23865692
    Considering the current landscape, I actually like the Gobert trade for the T-Wolves. KAT has to love it, this just made his job incredibly easier.

    Its too bad they royally fucked up with the Russell/Wiggins trade. They would like to take that one back.

    But the west is wide open right now, might as well take a shot. Warriors are going to have to rely on their kids more, as the bench is getting depleted. Obviously Durant will swing things whenever he moves, but its not a stretch to say the TWolves are now a top-4 team in the west.

  5. #25
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    640
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,134
    Load Metric
    23865692

  6. #26
    Diamond Sloppy Joe's Avatar
    Reputation
    906
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,358
    Load Metric
    23865692
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Considering the current landscape, I actually like the Gobert trade for the T-Wolves. KAT has to love it, this just made his job incredibly easier.

    Its too bad they royally fucked up with the Russell/Wiggins trade. They would like to take that one back.

    But the west is wide open right now, might as well take a shot. Warriors are going to have to rely on their kids more, as the bench is getting depleted. Obviously Durant will swing things whenever he moves, but its not a stretch to say the TWolves are now a top-4 team in the west.
    Wiggins + the pick that became Kuminga for Russell is one of the worst trades of the last ten years. Wiggins just outplayed Jayson Tatum and was the second best player in the finals.

    KAT and especially Ant Man are amazing talents but both do all kinds of dumb shit. Ant will learn, but they really need a veteran PG to keep things in order. They should have signed a Rubio, a Dragic, etc. Time to cut bait on Dlo.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  7. #27
    Plutonium simpdog's Avatar
    Reputation
    1884
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    10,120
    Load Metric
    23865692
    REPORT: Kyrie Irving wanted new deal to guarantee he wouldn't have to play more than 60 games in a season and could sit out back-to-backs, per Ric Bucher.

    Clickbait?

    Or is this the future of the NBA for stars? Contracts guaranteeing load management?

  8. #28
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8445
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,992
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    23865692
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    REPORT: Kyrie Irving wanted new deal to guarantee he wouldn't have to play more than 60 games in a season and could sit out back-to-backs, per Ric Bucher.

    Clickbait?

    Or is this the future of the NBA for stars? Contracts guaranteeing load management?
    Might be smart anyway, as the future of the NBA itself seems to be load management.

    Kawhi Leonard, with all his weirdness, got the ball rolling with the load management of stars thing.

  9. #29
    Gold
    Reputation
    263
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,552
    Load Metric
    23865692
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Considering the current landscape, I actually like the Gobert trade for the T-Wolves. KAT has to love it, this just made his job incredibly easier.

    Its too bad they royally fucked up with the Russell/Wiggins trade. They would like to take that one back.

    But the west is wide open right now, might as well take a shot. Warriors are going to have to rely on their kids more, as the bench is getting depleted. Obviously Durant will swing things whenever he moves, but its not a stretch to say the TWolves are now a top-4 team in the west.
    Wiggins + the pick that became Kuminga for Russell is one of the worst trades of the last ten years. Wiggins just outplayed Jayson Tatum and was the second best player in the finals.

    KAT and especially Ant Man are amazing talents but both do all kinds of dumb shit. Ant will learn, but they really need a veteran PG to keep things in order. They should have signed a Rubio, a Dragic, etc. Time to cut bait on Dlo.
    Wiggins spent a lot of years on the Timberwolves, and there was zero indication he was capable of playing at that high a level over an entire series in a high leverage spot. I doubt he really would have reached the levels he did last year if he had stayed on the Timberwolves. Maybe sometimes culture and putting someone in the right system to succeed really does matter.

    Given that, I am not sure you can really call the trade a royal fuck up. Not to say it isn't time to move on from D Lo. Given the rest of their roster a Lonzo Ball type move the ball and play defense PG makes more sense.

  10. #30
    Gold
    Reputation
    263
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,552
    Load Metric
    23865692
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    REPORT: Kyrie Irving wanted new deal to guarantee he wouldn't have to play more than 60 games in a season and could sit out back-to-backs, per Ric Bucher.

    Clickbait?

    Or is this the future of the NBA for stars? Contracts guaranteeing load management?
    Might be smart anyway, as the future of the NBA itself seems to be load management.

    Kawhi Leonard, with all his weirdness, got the ball rolling with the load management of stars thing.
    At Kyrie's age and injury history probably most of the coaches in the league would make this the plan anyways. The only thing is they would want to be the ones deciding when Kyrie rests, whereas I am sure Kyrie wants to be the one pulling the strings.

  11. #31
    Diamond BCR's Avatar
    Reputation
    1848
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,297
    Load Metric
    23865692
    I guess we are going to see how good the Blazers would have been had they had a Mobley and Jarrett Allen. Traded a fuckton. Donít love it at first glimpse. No SF and no ability to get one. If Lebron hadnít signed extension he likely ties Jordan

  12. #32
    Diamond Sloppy Joe's Avatar
    Reputation
    906
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,358
    Load Metric
    23865692
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I guess we are going to see how good the Blazers would have been had they had a Mobley and Jarrett Allen. Traded a fuckton. Donít love it at first glimpse. No SF and no ability to get one. If Lebron hadnít signed extension he likely ties Jordan
    Love it as a neutral who loves watching the Cavs. So much better than some shitty, gutted Knicks team.

    Mitchell is fucking good, just has been toiling away in Utah and didn't give a shit last year. He's one that looks like he plays hard but defensively is awful.

    He's one of the only guys I've cooled on simply because he was on that insufferable Jazz team. Mobley and Allen cover up his defensive perfectly; Gobert is far better than both but both guys are young and already great.

    Love this one.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  13. #33
    Diamond Sloppy Joe's Avatar
    Reputation
    906
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,358
    Load Metric
    23865692
    Have less of a feel for the league this year than I have in the past decade with less interest, growing kid, new job etc. I have no idea how people like my dad were/are able to follow basically all major sports while keeping a good job and being a present parent.

    League feels wide open for someone like Luka, Jokic, Embiid, Zion, Ja to level up and dominate.

    No over unders jump out either. Checked lines expecting to hammer the Bulls under (thinking it would be 45-47) only to see them at a measly 42. Lakers under is tempting because it will hit if LeBron or AD go down but the return from moving Russ and the two firsts will make over likely.

    Would hammer the Grizzlies over if not for Ja's injury history. At least Portland will be trying again.

     
    Comments
      
      ok25: You procreated? What a tragedy
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  14. #34
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8445
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    48,992
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    23865692
    I have no optimism for the Lakers this year. I also don't think they will trade those two first round picks. They seem to be entering quiet acceptance mode that this year is probably fucked, and to make the best of it and hope for a miracle.

    Lebron is about to turn 38, and has played in the NBA since 18.

    AD is always injured, and doesn't seem to have the competitive drive like champions do. He reminds me of Dwight Howard in that way.

    Westbrook is... a mess.

    They're trying to salvage it with a new "You get it, go" routine, which basically concedes that everyone is selfish and they should just embrace that. Amazing.

    They still have the problem that the supporting cast is a collection of has-beens and nobodies. This team is finishing .500-ish, at best. If AD misses significant time (likely), or Lebron misses significant time (possible), then expect a lot of embarrassing beatdowns.

    I admire how Lebron has been able to play at such a high level into his late 30s, but father time is unbeatable, especially in the NBA. Tom Brady can still be great into his mid-40s, but no NBA player is ever doing that. The game is too physical and requires too much energy. At some point, Lebron is going to fall off a cliff, and it might very well be this year. If it's not this year, it's coming very soon.

  15. #35
    Gold
    Reputation
    263
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,552
    Load Metric
    23865692
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Have less of a feel for the league this year than I have in the past decade with less interest, growing kid, new job etc. I have no idea how people like my dad were/are able to follow basically all major sports while keeping a good job and being a present parent.

    League feels wide open for someone like Luka, Jokic, Embiid, Zion, Ja to level up and dominate.

    No over unders jump out either. Checked lines expecting to hammer the Bulls under (thinking it would be 45-47) only to see them at a measly 42. Lakers under is tempting because it will hit if LeBron or AD go down but the return from moving Russ and the two firsts will make over likely.

    Would hammer the Grizzlies over if not for Ja's injury history. At least Portland will be trying again.
    At first look Timberwolves and Nuggets overs look interesting. In their division the Jazz and OKC are both rebuilding/tanking, and Portland is one Lilliard injury away from being bad, so a lot of wins up for grabs in that division.

  16. #36
    Silver
    Reputation
    126
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    600
    Load Metric
    23865692
    LOL @ the suns

    Starting Lineups
    22
    Ayton D.
    1
    Booker D.
    25
    Bridges M.
    23
    Johnson C.
    3
    Paul C.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  17. #37
    Gold
    Reputation
    263
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    1,552
    Load Metric
    23865692
    Quote Originally Posted by ok25 View Post
    LOL @ the suns

    Starting Lineups
    22
    Ayton D.
    1
    Booker D.
    25
    Bridges M.
    23
    Johnson C.
    3
    Paul C.
    The starters all only played 22 minutes. It is the first preseason game. Relax. I looked at the box score, and the Australian team had 2 guys go combined 15-27 from 3. When that happens in a preseason game the team with the hot shooting from 3 is probably going to win.

  18. #38
    Gold Ryback_feed_me_more's Avatar
    Reputation
    115
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Sin City
    Posts
    1,041
    Load Metric
    23865692
    First team to lose to a Non NBA team in preseason since OKC in 2016. That OKC team finished 6th in the WC and went out in the 1st Rnd. After all the drama with Phoenix over the summer you think theyd come out and smash some lower tiered team just to send a message instead they look like the same team that got boat raced by Dallas in Game 7 last post season and a team that has some serious issues potentially behind the scenes.

  19. #39
    Diamond Sloppy Joe's Avatar
    Reputation
    906
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,358
    Load Metric
    23865692
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I have no optimism for the Lakers this year. I also don't think they will trade those two first round picks. They seem to be entering quiet acceptance mode that this year is probably fucked, and to make the best of it and hope for a miracle.

    Lebron is about to turn 38, and has played in the NBA since 18.

    AD is always injured, and doesn't seem to have the competitive drive like champions do. He reminds me of Dwight Howard in that way.

    Westbrook is... a mess.

    They're trying to salvage it with a new "You get it, go" routine, which basically concedes that everyone is selfish and they should just embrace that. Amazing.

    They still have the problem that the supporting cast is a collection of has-beens and nobodies. This team is finishing .500-ish, at best. If AD misses significant time (likely), or Lebron misses significant time (possible), then expect a lot of embarrassing beatdowns.

    I admire how Lebron has been able to play at such a high level into his late 30s, but father time is unbeatable, especially in the NBA. Tom Brady can still be great into his mid-40s, but no NBA player is ever doing that. The game is too physical and requires too much energy. At some point, Lebron is going to fall off a cliff, and it might very well be this year. If it's not this year, it's coming very soon.
    Should wait and see; if LeBron and AD stay healthy and they're winning, probably worth it to empty the clip. They already gutted their future for Davis and are one of the few franchises that will always be attractive to free agents.

    If they're injured or just not that good, sit on those assets and look to flip one or both of AD and LeBron down the road. Unfortunately AD isn't really all that attractive to others given injury history and not sure what a post-prime, nearing the end LeBron would fetch either. He can't be moved this year anyways. Cost of doing business with elite players now is that they dictate moves and couldn't care less about gutting assets for the present. Was glad to see the Brooklyn Nets effectively tell Kevin Durant to fuck off and play, we're not trading you.

    Most intelligent people thought the Westbrook trade would be a disaster and they were right. I thought it may work out just to have Russ mop up loads of regular season minutes and pick up empty wins but he was objectively awful and harmful last year.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  20. #40
    Platinum ftpjesus's Avatar
    Reputation
    515
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mesa AZ
    Posts
    3,612
    Load Metric
    23865692
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    What a haul for Boston

    Name:  
Views: 
Size:

    +650 is a competitive price but Iím not in the futures biz


    Why oh why canít Kyrie be a Laker? Make me happy LeBron. You already destroyed that franchise. Fill up the seats with the drama.

    Kyrie is crazy enough to be a Laker for free.
    Odds too good for Phoenix. No way should they be one of the top favorites not with the dysfunctional issues popping up especially between Monte Williams and Deandre Ayton.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *** OFFICIAL MLB 2022 THREAD ****
    By Sanlmar in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 555
    Last Post: 11-21-2022, 01:51 PM
  2. *** OFFICIAL *** Midterms 2022 Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-31-2022, 09:39 PM
  3. *** OFFICIAL *** 2022 Superbowl Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 02-14-2022, 06:29 PM
  4. *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2020-21 Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 447
    Last Post: 09-23-2021, 08:26 AM
  5. ***OFFICIAL 17-18 NBA THREAD***
    By gut in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2017, 03:49 PM