Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2022-23 THREAD

Load Metric
    also how the fuck did i not come up with todger stadium first i am legit furious FUUUUUUUCKING TIIIIIIIIINE

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    That's so Boston to be facing elimination on the road down 3-0, win that game, win the next two, with one being again on the road, and then get blown out the entire way in Game 7 at home.
    Last time the Celtics had a player coach was Dave Cowens and before him Bill Russell.

Game is too complex not to have a coach these days

On a brighter note, I hope your fail team lands Kyrie.

Comments

lol wow: not ok

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

On a brighter note, I hope your fail team lands Kyrie.
    Well, looking at salaries it seems like they could turn Russell, Beasley and Mo Bamba into Kyrie, Reaves and Shroeder (at higher salaries for the last 2). I mean, if you told me Kyrie wouldn't be a distraction off the court and would be available and healthy for the playoffs, it looks good on paper. But seems unlikely that would happen.

Seems like it might be a better route to dump Russell, Beasley and Bamba and re-sign Reaves, Schroeder and Hachimura (at higher salaries for all 3) and use the rest of the money to get a Russell upgrade if possible, although I admit I am not sure how much money would be left (I assume not enough for Vanvleet or someone of that caliber).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Pretty embarrassing state of the NBA that a finals game has a line of -10

Gold
    Load Metric
    Miami was an underdog in a similar fashion in round 1 vs bucks and east championship vs Boston.

the game I went to Miami was 7 pt home dogs. maybe 7.5

Somehow they have been not only covering but winning a lot of these games outright.

Certainly seems likely that Miami is underdogs every game this series including home games

Load Metric
    Pretty embarrassing state of the NBA that a finals game has a line of -10

To be fair, they set those lines to get even betting on both sides. More like lol at the public’s perception of Miami.

Load Metric
    pretty embarrassing the tbone steak here couldnt do better than -10

Load Metric
    also under loss fully blamed on nicholas pipes here

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just FYI, I didn't bet on either side of this. I was stating that the Vegas line, which tends to be extremely sharp for high profile games, was -10, and that was a bad look for the NBA.

However, Miami has a weird X factor to them where they inexplicably play over their heads at times, which has propelled them to the Finals. Well, that and they got a sweetheart situation in the second round.

I'm sure the NBA and the networks are annoyed that we are getting a Miami/Denver Finals when we could have had LA/Boston.

Load Metric
    Just FYI, I didn't bet on either side of this. I was stating that the Vegas line, which tends to be extremely sharp for high profile games, was -10, and that was a bad look for the NBA.

However, Miami has a weird X factor to them where they inexplicably play over their heads at times, which has propelled them to the Finals. Well, that and they got a sweetheart situation in the second round.

I'm sure the NBA and the networks are annoyed that we are getting a Miami/Denver Finals when we could have had LA/Boston.
    Finals pulling big numbers, bit of a surprise.

Jokic is god but has become less entertaining for me over the years now that he's not fat and the novelty has worn off a bit. Just so talented and like Tim Duncan was, a bit boring after awhile.

Have to imagine he puts casuals to sleep.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Finals pulling big numbers, bit of a surprise.

Jokic is god but has become less entertaining for me over the years now that he's not fat and the novelty has worn off a bit. Just so talented and like Tim Duncan was, a bit boring after awhile.

Have to imagine he puts casuals to sleep.
    Name:  19406CB6-D7F7-46CE-AEEE-8DBAC866B12F.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  37.3 KB

Load Metric
    Finally.

Really hope Portland doesn't pass on a better offer to get him to his preferred destination of Miami. Would have been great for this to have happened last season when teams like the Timberwolves and Cavs mortgaged their entire future for Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell, respectively.

Dame is better than those guys but won't fetch near the haul.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Finally.

Really hope Portland doesn't pass on a better offer to get him to his preferred destination of Miami. Would have been great for this to have happened last season when teams like the Timberwolves and Cavs mortgaged their entire future for Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell, respectively.

Oh its definitely Miami. You look at their free agency moves so far, and its obvious there was a handshake deal already in place.

Question now is if there's a 3rd team (or more) involved. Herro and Ant are essentially the same player. 1 of them will be moved also.

Would be nice if a surprise big offer comes in from elsewhere, but I doubt that will happen.

My guess is Herro gets passed along to a third team who can offer a couple more 1sts, as we can only get 2 from Miami.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lillard has $216m left on his contract, covering just 4 years. He's also about to turn 33. The decline should come shortly.

I have to imagine that will bring down his trade value, despite the season he had last year.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Finally.

Oh its definitely Miami. You look at their free agency moves so far, and its obvious there was a handshake deal already in place.

Question now is if there's a 3rd team (or more) involved. Herro and Ant are essentially the same player. 1 of them will be moved also.

Would be nice if a surprise big offer comes in from elsewhere, but I doubt that will happen.

My guess is Herro gets passed along to a third team who can offer a couple more 1sts, as we can only get 2 from Miami.
    Could be, but in terms of offers there will be better ones than what Miami can offer and I don't want to cheer for that bucket hat wigger. Losing equity to make things nice for Dame is franchise suicide.

Gotta wonder if Jerami Grant still gets paid or if Dame really decided today; having him for 5 years now for a rebuild is stupid and no one will want him.

Small potatoes but also wonder why Trendon Watford got waived.

Should have moved Dame 1-2 years ago, now they're fucked.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Could be, but in terms of offers there will be better ones than what Miami can offer and I don't want to cheer for that bucket hat wigger. Losing equity to make things nice for Dame is franchise suicide.

Gotta wonder if Jerami Grant still gets paid or if Dame really decided today; having him for 5 years now for a rebuild is stupid and no one will want him.

Small potatoes but also wonder why Trendon Watford got waived.

Should have moved Dame 1-2 years ago, now they're fucked.
    I don't hate having Grant around, he is basically the archetype nba player now, big 3-d wing. That price tag was high but eh?

What else can we get? Bunch of phoenix picks from brooklyn? No way philly makes Maxey available.

My actual prediction is 3 team deal, dame to Miami; Herro, Robinson, Jovic, Martin OR Jacquez plus the 2 firsts. Herro flipped for floatsam+a first and a couple twos

Thread Information