Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2022-23 THREAD

Load Metric
    Blazers own you cucks, one of the most fun teams in the league if not #1.

I'm as surprised as anyone after a poor preseason; Chauncey Billups looked completely lost last year and is now owning heads.

They're stacking up wins even with Lillard being out recently with a calf strain and no longer depend on him putting up 35+ to have a chance. Shaedon Sharpe is god.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I'm as surprised as anyone after a poor preseason; Chauncey Billups looked completely lost last year and is now owning heads.

They're stacking up wins even with Lillard being out recently with a calf strain and no longer depend on him putting up 35+ to have a chance. Shaedon Sharpe is god.
    Yep. I bet them season wins Under, which is dead as a doorknob. But luckily I realized my mistake before the markets, and have been betting them a lot (including last 2 games) and have already made up the season bet and more.

Gold
    Load Metric
    So I had Denver Nuggets O50.5 wins and was looking ok early. But just lost 2 very winnable games because half their roster is out with Covid, and I dont know how much longer this is going to go on. Pretty annoying to say the least.

Load Metric
    It must be the week every two years where Anthony Davis is fully healthy. Looks dominating last few. Just in time to play Cavs with no Allen in a few nights.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    It must be the week every two years where Anthony Davis is fully healthy. Looks dominating last few. Just in time to play Cavs with no Allen in a few nights.
    I was going to say... the Lakers actually are decent with Davis playing well.

They're 8-2 in their last 10. Granted, 3 of those games were against San Antonio (probably the worst team in the NBA) and Detroit (about as bad as the Spurs), but they did also beat Portland, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, and Washington.

Davis hung a 55 tonight against the Bullets. Huge variance with this guy. When he's not injured and actually motivated, he completely kicks ass. But as BCR said, most of the time he's either injured or lackadaisical, and just doesn't have the heart of a champion.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Nobody took the bait yet, so I'll do the big reveal.

This was fake.

Even Steph isn't that good.

Very well made, though!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I was going to say... the Lakers actually are decent with Davis playing well.

They're 8-2 in their last 10. Granted, 3 of those games were against San Antonio (probably the worst team in the NBA) and Detroit (about as bad as the Spurs), but they did also beat Portland, Milwaukee, Brooklyn, and Washington.

Davis hung a 55 tonight against the Bullets. Huge variance with this guy. When he's not injured and actually motivated, he completely kicks ass. But as BCR said, most of the time he's either injured or lackadaisical, and just doesn't have the heart of a champion.
    Tuned in to Lakers/Cavs earlier this week after being out of the loop for a couple of weeks due to moving and hearing about AD's resurgence. He left early due to flu symptoms.

Obviously not injury related or his fault but par for the course for him being unavailable in big moments. A true G like Danny Ainge would look to ship him when value is high but Lakers could never given price and Klutch.

If I owned a team I would never pay a beta cuckold like him or Karl Towns max money. They may be good guys but I would want max talent to be alpha and ruthless to a fault.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Bent rim led to embarrassing 35-minute delay in Nuggets game: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-beat-celtics

Load Metric
    Donovan Mitchell put up 71 and 10, holy shit.

Man was that Jazz team bad for his brand; guy is a killer with charisma who was lost on those winning but lame Jazz teams that no one outside of Utah cared about.

Knicks really misfired by not ponying up for him after years of linkage but glad that he's in a much better basketball situation in Cleveland.

LOL Timberwolves for detonating their future to sign that French faggot that nobody likes. Not the first to say it but looking like one of the worst trades ever given sheer volume of assets.

Only negative is faggot Mormon Utah will probably be really good again in a couple of years.

Gold
    Load Metric
    In the game against the Raptors I just watched Giannis jump for a layup, get fouled in midair, land and then after he landed make the basket. And the refs gave him the basket-and-1. And to their credit the ESPN play-by-play guys actually commented on it, then quickly moved on.

he really is reffed differently than everyone else in the league.

Wild times.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lakers get Rui Hachimura from the Bullets, in exchange for Kendrick Nunn and some okayish draft picks in 2023, 2028, and 2029.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-rui-hachimura

This should help, but I don't understand the goal here. Maybe this will get them into the playoffs, and if Davis comes back and stays healthy, maybe they go on to win the crowded division where everyone is mediocre. Lakers are in last place, but are 22-25 and only 5 games behind the leading Sacramento Kings, and 2 behind the second place Clippers.

While there's no superteam this year, there are plenty of solid squads which are much better than the Lakers.

The team is in a funny position right now, as they want to salvage the Lebron years while he's still playing, but at the same time, don't want to mortgage the future for a team which probably can't contend anyway.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Weird year in the West, with only 1.5 games between the #4 and #10 ranked teams at this point. Even the trash Lakers could go on a run and secure a home seed provided they stay healthy.

If I were a GM in that range I would make moves at the deadline. I think all of the Nuggets, Grizzles and Kings (lol) are beatable

Jazz and Blazers (maybe Timberwolves also) should be sellers; Utah didn't think they would be good and should continue to build toward next couple of years. Portland sucks, should see the writing on the wall and sell high on all but Lillard for the right price. They may go the other way though.

Load Metric
    Weird year in the West, with only 1.5 games between the #4 and #10 ranked teams at this point. Even the trash Lakers could go on a run and secure a home seed provided they stay healthy.

If I were a GM in that range I would make moves at the deadline. I think all of the Nuggets, Grizzles and Kings (lol) are beatable

Jazz and Blazers (maybe Timberwolves also) should be sellers; Utah didn't think they would be good and should continue to build toward next couple of years. Portland sucks, should see the writing on the wall and sell high on all but Lillard for the right price. They may go the other way though.
    Blazers wont sell....they cant really, unless Dame is part of the sale.

Barring a lucky bounce in the lottery or something, it seems like Dame will go down in history as being "almost Iverson"?

Load Metric
    Both the Lakers and Mavericks are win-now teams without the requisite talent to compete for a championship this season, and that makes them more inclined to consider an Irving deal.
    Please rejoin LeBron & Irving and make the NBA fun again.

The whole Irving arc started with LeBron - I need closure.

NBA regular season is so random. Suns blow out Celtics at home. Wonder how. Guess Tatum was a no show. God I miss sports. Got those Pandemic vibes
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 02-03-2023 at 11:30 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Both the Lakers and Mavericks are win-now teams without the requisite talent to compete for a championship this season, and that makes them more inclined to consider an Irving deal.
    Please rejoin LeBron & Irving and make the NBA fun again.

The whole Irving arc started with LeBron - I need closure.

NBA regular season is so random. Suns blow out Celtics at home. Wonder how. Guess Tatum was a no show. God I miss sports. Got those Pandemic vibes
    I've become a gen Z watcher of the NBA. Watch highlights and clips only, outside of a few random Blazer games if watching with friends/going to them live. I'm in a fantasy basketball league for some dumb reason and its fucking annoying trying to set lineups when half these fucks sit on b2b's.

NHL heating up soon and spring training right around the corner tho.

Load Metric
    I feel like "Trade for Kyrie Irving" would not be supported by anyone else on Shark Tank

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    I feel like "Trade for Kyrie Irving" would not be supported by anyone else on Shark Tank
    Which team - Nets or Lakers will push the red reset button first?

You know the answer

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Which team - Nets or Lakers will push the red reset button first?

You know the answer
    Betting that the Lakers just sign Kyrie in the offseason.

He'll have games with Luka in Dallas where they look incredible but will inevitably flame out in the second round and/or will burn bridges long before then.

I was Kyrie-pilled for years after seeing him early in his career against the Bobcats/Hornets; have seen him play the Blazers multiple times over the years and he's transfixing when good. Also a complete lunatic and probably the most destructive NBA star of all time in terms of teammate.

Thread Information