Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2022-23 THREAD

Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** NBA 2022-23 THREAD

Nothing too surprising yet minus Durant thing.

LOL at Wizards paying Bradley Beal 50m a year to finish 8th in perpetuity. Also really like Dejounte Murray but not on the Hawks at that price.

Blazers just signed Gary Payton II at 9m/year. Verdict is out on if they overpaid but I'll enjoy watching him and Portland never gets cheap free agents that are good.

LOL at Brooklyn getting straight cucked by all of their big three.

Havent dug in to what's even possible in terms of a haul for a Durant trade; could they get a package around someone like Zion or Jaylen Brown?

They have zero draft future because of Harden (lol) and ended up with Ben Simmons (lol), are held captive by a legit crazy person in Kyrie Irving (lol) and were just told by one of the greatest players in history to fuck off and trade him with four guarantees years left on his contract (lol), a year after being like unanimous title favorites and getting swept in the first round with Jayson Tatum outplaying Kevin Durant to an alarming degree (lol).
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    In theory a team with a core of Durant, Irving, Simmons, Harris, and Curry should be very competitive. There must be something going on behind the scenes that Durant has decided to blow it all up. I am guessing he has no confidence that Irving or Simmons can be depended on to show up every day and do what it takes to build a championship contender.

Load Metric
    This thread just reminded me I lost $7500 on that pussy Tatum.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Hedged against Warriors series bet twice, both huge faggot games by Tatum.

Think his shoulder was more fucked up than reported but he is a cuck.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    Starting with the Brooklyn series where he was great his play got consistently worse as the playoffs went on. He clearly hit some sort of wall.

Losing Payton pretty big for the Warriors. When your playoff rotation is 7 guys and you lose one of them, that has to hurt. But he has bounced around a lot on low salaries, so understand the choice to make some real money in Portland (by real life standards, if not NBA standards). Given how much salaries have skyrocketed the last 20 years, he probably isn't making much less on this contract than his dad's salary during his prime.

Edit: Just saw Boston got Brogdon for basically nothing. Big upgrade on the Derrick White spot. Although I cant imagine Brogdon is going to come off the bench, so that makes the choice of starting 5 interesting assuming Horford and R. Williams stay on team. Maybe Horford would be willing to come off the bench?
    Last edited by Kalam; 07-01-2022 at 11:21 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Hedged against Warriors series bet twice, both huge faggot games by Tatum.

Think his shoulder was more fucked up than reported but he is a cuck.
    Fucker couldn’t make a layup the last five games.

I guess I should be happy. Had you told me Draymond would suck. That Steph would go 0-9 from 3 in the most important game. That Wiggins would be the second best Warrior. I’d have probably lost $100k.

Load Metric
    Sean Marks should be given an extension for having to deal with all that dumb shit as a neutered GM. Durant....just lol. "Give me Kyrie and Harden". It implodes as even rubes on an 8th tier poker forum predicted.

Now Durant "trade me!" I would, ironically, Ben Simmons his ass...."sorry, Kevin, we're trying. Still waiting for proper value. Sit out if you want."

At some point, some owner has to stand up to this player empowerment revolution, its in their nature. I hope its now, with Durant. "You created this mess, you have 4 years left, deal with it."

Load Metric
    I would love to have a couple whiskeys with Barkley and Jordan and bring up Durant, just to hear how much of a faggot they surely think he is.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Sean Marks should be given an extension for having to deal with all that dumb shit as a neutered GM. Durant....just lol. "Give me Kyrie and Harden". It implodes as even rubes on an 8th tier poker forum predicted.

Now Durant "trade me!" I would, ironically, Ben Simmons his ass...."sorry, Kevin, we're trying. Still waiting for proper value. Sit out if you want."

At some point, some owner has to stand up to this player empowerment revolution, its in their nature. I hope its now, with Durant. "You created this mess, you have 4 years left, deal with it."
    Why? The owners are still making a lot of money. As long as that is the case, why risk it? Especially considering if the owner isn't black (most of them) they will have the race card thrown at them and dragged through the mud by the leftist media/social media, who will sift through their entire life and find every little piece of dirt to discredit them. Throw on top of this the ties the Brooklyn owner has to the CCP (which the media could absolutely destroy him for anytime they feel like it), and he basically has to do whatever a black player with high social capital like Durant tells him to. But of course he is making hundreds of millions of $$ in the process, so not exactly what you would call a sympathetic figure.

Unless the black person is politically conservative, it is extremely risky standing up to a black person on any topic for any reason, as there is always the race card risk hanging over everything, and the leftist media/social media ready to pounce. Especially given the financial stakes, very high risk low reward endeavor.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Why? The owners are still making a lot of money. As long as that is the case, why risk it? Especially considering if the owner isn't black (most of them) they will have the race card thrown at them and dragged through the mud by the leftist media/social media, who will sift through their entire life and find every little piece of dirt to discredit them. Throw on top of this the ties the Brooklyn owner has to the CCP (which the media could absolutely destroy him for anytime they feel like it), and he basically has to do whatever a black player with high social capital like Durant tells him to. But of course he is making hundreds of millions of $$ in the process, so not exactly what you would call a sympathetic figure.

Unless the black person is politically conservative, it is extremely risky standing up to a black person on any topic for any reason, as there is always the race card risk hanging over everything, and the leftist media/social media ready to pounce. Especially given the financial stakes, very high risk low reward endeavor.
    Spoken by a retard filling a narrative and knowing nothing about the parties involved.

The price for Gobert was insane, no idea why a team would pay that and more for Kevin Durant.

He got cooked by Tatum in the playoffs and is going into year 14.

Cheap ass Robert Sarver is going to mortgage their future to try and win with Booker, CP3 and Durant with the latter two on the decline?

Load Metric
    I thought Gobert might make his way to the Raptors. Lots of rumours but didn’t happen.

Now we know why. Masai would never give up that many picks along with players. What a haul for Utah.

Load Metric
    What a haul for Boston

Name:  E8E6B027-C64B-4351-BC6F-0E0F2CF7D9CB.jpeg
Views: 400
Size:  147.5 KB

+650 is a competitive price but I’m not in the futures biz

Why oh why can’t Kyrie be a Laker? Make me happy LeBron. You already destroyed that franchise. Fill up the seats with the drama.

Kyrie is crazy enough to be a Laker for free.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    I thought Gobert might make his way to the Raptors. Lots of rumours but didn’t happen.

Now we know why. Masai would never give up that many picks along with players. What a haul for Utah.
    Is it really that much? Things can always go sideways, but with a core of Edwards, Townes, Gobert, Russell and whoever else they pick up (or flip Russell for) the plan is to obviously be a good team moving forward.

Is this years #22 pick and 3 more picks likely in the later 20s/early 30s really that much more value than a borderline All-Star center?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    What a haul for Boston

Name:  E8E6B027-C64B-4351-BC6F-0E0F2CF7D9CB.jpeg
Views: 400
Size:  147.5 KB

+650 is a competitive price but I’m not in the futures biz

Why oh why can’t Kyrie be a Laker? Make me happy LeBron. You already destroyed that franchise. Fill up the seats with the drama.

Kyrie is crazy enough to be a Laker for free.
    Suns odds seem way too low considering Paul is going to be a year older and they likely lose Ayton. They have to be figuring in the likelihood the Suns end up with Durant somehow, although they would have to give up so much (Ayton, Bridges, etc. etc. etc.) I still dont really see it.

Of all those teams at those prices Boston is the only one I would be interested in. Bucks is also possible intriguing value, especially if the Nets blow it up and the stars end up in the West.

Comments

ftpjesus: Paul got old like a pumpkin in Cinderalla at midnight. Aytons still here but its seems he doesnt want to be.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lakers are so low on Westbrook and his lol $47m salary that they're willing to take headcase Kyrie AND possibly some other shit contract in return.

Yahoo says that the Nets are demanding Joe Harris, straight outta ankle surgery, also be part of the deal. Harris is owed almost $39m over the next 2 years.

Kyrie is to make $36.5m in 2022-23, while Westbrook is making $47m.

The Lakers want it to be Kyrie & Seth Curry for Westbrook. Curry is making just $8.5m. Nets aren't going for that -- at least not right now.

Not sure how Lebron thinks that trading one head case for another is going to bring a championship to LA, but okay. Also, note that Lebron turns 38 this December.

Load Metric
    That Gobert trade blows my mind.

I don’t know how a team like Minnesota can trade 4 first rounders plus their first round pick, 3 without any protection, with their history. Plus, it just doesn’t seem like a fit age-wise. The Timberwolves on paper have looked good many times.

I don’t over or under value picks. but I can’t believe teams are still trading away that much in a league where the move doesn’t make them contenders, and everything can come apart at the whim of one young guy and blow your whole plan up.

Like if Anthony Edwards just decides he hates snow next year and tries to force himself out, it would all be for nothing and you’re fucked for the next decade. He is a kid who didn’t even want to play basketball but was just extraordinarily gifted.

I can’t believe Ainge found another sucker again in 2022.

Any of these guys can sign extensions at any point and still want to go.

Any team that isn’t in a desirable geographical destination needs their picks.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Lakers are so low on Westbrook and his lol $47m salary that they're willing to take headcase Kyrie AND possibly some other shit contract in return.

Yahoo says that the Nets are demanding Joe Harris, straight outta ankle surgery, also be part of the deal. Harris is owed almost $39m over the next 2 years.

The Lakers want it to be Kyrie & Seth Curry for Westbrook. Curry is making just $8.5m. Nets aren't going for that -- at least not right now.

Not sure how Lebron thinks that trading one head case for another is going to bring a championship to LA, but okay. Also, note that Lebron turns 38 this December.

The NBA may as well go full WWE and just do the AD/RWB for Durant/Kyrie deal.

It’s truly amazing how nuts Kyrie is. That a player of his skill might get traded for RWB. I mean on a given day, he looks like the best player in the world. Yet he has single-handedly tanked three consecutive franchises at least for the short term.

Gold
    Load Metric
    That Gobert trade blows my mind.

I don’t know how a team like Minnesota can trade 4 first rounders plus their first round pick, 3 without any protection, with their history. Plus, it just doesn’t seem like a fit age-wise. The Timberwolves on paper have looked good many times.

I don’t over or under value picks. but I can’t believe teams are still trading away that much in a league where the move doesn’t make them contenders, and everything can come apart at the whim of one young guy and blow your whole plan up.

Like if Anthony Edwards just decides he hates snow next year and tries to force himself out, it would all be for nothing and you’re fucked for the next decade. He is a kid who didn’t even want to play basketball but was just extraordinarily gifted.

I can’t believe Ainge found another sucker again in 2022.

Any of these guys can sign extensions at any point and still want to go.

Any team that isn’t in a desirable geographical destination needs their picks.
    They haven't been very good since Garnett's prime, and that is with getting a lot of very high picks and mostly whiffing on them.

They finally sort of hit with a couple picks in Towns and Edwards and they are already good enough to be a playoff team with the core they have, which means their picks suck. Did you see who they got this year in the draft? That is what happens when you are a playoff team. Your picks are almost worthless. At some point you have to just go for it. I agree they ideally should have gotten someone more impactful than Gobert for that haul, but like you said hard to find someone willing to play in Minnesota. Maybe they got some kind of assurance from Gobert he would be happy to play there.

But yeah, if it falls apart (and there are a lot of reasons it could fall apart) and Minnesota is a bottom feeder again in a couple years the trade looks awesome for Utah.

Gold
    Load Metric

I remember not too long ago Harris was considered a prized asset. Then one horrible playoff run, a season long injury, and now it looks like he is really considered damaged goods.

At this point Brooklyn pretty much has to tank next year anyways and hope they bink the French kid who is supposed to be the best prospect since Lebron.

Simmons is young enough you can theoretically rebuild with him if he can stay on the court physically and mentally. Curry is already 31, so nope. Curry and Kyrie for Westbrook not a horrible trade from that perspective. They can keep Harris and probably still suck or try to use him in a Durant trade.

Load Metric

Westbrook straight sucks now, never could add any nuance to his game other than full charge ahead. I still respect how he gives it 100% every time, even if at the detriment to his team.

Kyrie is a straight lunatic but still amazing at times. Completely responsible for destroying the Nets.

If the Blazers were forced to take one of them in a vacuum I would want Westbrook 100%. Don't want a locker room cancer.

Thread Information