Thread: Hellmuth 2nd in Chips in 3K NLH

Bronze
    Load Metric

Hellmuth 2nd in Chips in 3K NLH

9 players left. Hellmuth going for #17.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is the spot where he's at his best. However, these final tables are so card dependent, anything can happen.

It's like the Seniors this year where Kathy Liebert was 3/5 in chips coming in against a decent rec and three nobody recs, and finished 5th. By skill she should've crushed them, but she finished with the absolute worst result from that point (but still took down a decent payday obv).

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Hellmuth in first now. 14 million chips. 7 players left (1359 entries).

Load Metric
    dive_bar_dave is Phil helmuth

Comments

zealanddonk: Always bringing the truth

Bronze
    Load Metric
    It's being streamed for free on the Pokergo youtube channel now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    NOT TONIGHT PHIL

Relative unknown David Jackson (who won an online bracelet last year) beat him heads up, even after bluffing off most of his lead against Phil's AA at one point.

Still a very impressive performance by Phil, who beat a fairly tough field of over 1350 people to get to 2nd here.

Reportedly the rail was very obnoxious, with some showing up just to troll Phil. This is very different than when Phil won his 10th bracelet in 2006. Phil had a huge rail rooting for him there, screaming "TEN!! TEN!! TEN!!!" whenever he won a pot, and booed whenever his opponent, Finnish pro Juha Helppi, won a hand. I knew Juha fairly well back then, and he complained to me later that the rail was very distracting and demoralizing. Helppi didn't have much of a rail because he was from Finland, so most of his friends could not be there due to the distance.

Sixteen years later, it seems randoms were showing up to troll Phil and root for the unknown guy. How times change.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, Hellmuth has now taken Tiffany Michelle's title for "inappropriate eating on a WSOP broadcast".

https://twitter.com/YakshaNZ/status/1543494921570504704

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Hellmuth's record heads up for a bracelet isn't all that great, however.

He's made top two 30 times (!!), but only converted 16 of those into the gold hardware.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    NOT TONIGHT PHIL

Relative unknown David Jackson (who won an online bracelet last year) beat him heads up, even after bluffing off most of his lead against Phil's AA at one point.

Still a very impressive performance by Phil, who beat a fairly tough field of over 1350 people to get to 2nd here.

Reportedly the rail was very obnoxious, with some showing up just to troll Phil. This is very different than when Phil won his 10th bracelet in 2006. Phil had a huge rail rooting for him there, screaming "TEN!! TEN!! TEN!!!" whenever he won a pot, and booed whenever his opponent, Finnish pro Juha Helppi, won a hand. I knew Juha fairly well back then, and he complained to me later that the rail was very distracting and demoralizing. Helppi didn't have much of a rail because he was from Finland, so most of his friends could not be there due to the distance.

Sixteen years later, it seems randoms were showing up to troll Phil and root for the unknown guy. How times change.

Whatever happened to that kid? I used to play against him every day back in the very early days of online poker. He wasn’t a douche like most of the really young dudes were online. Probably 2001-05 or so. I was happy for him when he binked one of those early WPT final tables. Might have won it or finished second. Think it was Aruba UB tourney. Always seemed like a good kid at the time. I haven’t seen his name in years and assumed he moved into something else. Does he still play?

Load Metric
    The better player won.

Phil Hellmuth Jr's skills are not at the level they used to be. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know where he is or what he is doing. Phil is becoming the Bruce Willis of poker. This is probably as close as he'll get to a 17th WSOP bracelet. Phil desperately needs mental health counseling. Phil needs to consider retiring from tournament play and spend his days playing gin rummy in an old folks home.

Load Metric
    MUTH lol all he do is keep on winning

Meanwhile the haters keep on hating him lol.. which is winning right. If you don't have any haters you aren't doing something right, I was told once

I like Hellmuth for this reason all he keep doing is final tabling lol well played

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    The better player won.

Phil Hellmuth Jr's skills are not at the level they used to be. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't know where he is or what he is doing. Phil is becoming the Bruce Willis of poker. This is probably as close as he'll get to a 17th WSOP bracelet. Phil desperately needs mental health counseling. Phil needs to consider retiring from tournament play and spend his days playing gin rummy in an old folks home.

INTERESTING TROLL ANGLE. IS THIS A SPIN ON A POST ABOUT JOE BIDEN OR SOMETHING?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    The better player won.

INTERESTING TROLL ANGLE. IS THIS A SPIN ON A POST ABOUT JOE BIDEN OR SOMETHING?
    Yeah I could see Phil in the nursing home berating his senior citizen peers with a drool bib.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Phil is clearly nuts.

Back in the old days they’d give anyone a press pass as long as they were affiliated with anything related to poker, so I had one for 3 years, sat in on Phil’s induction into the “Poker Hall of Fame” in 2007, his rambling speech of nonsense included the fact that his buddy invented the extended warranty for cars.

People just had confused looks on their faces…WTF does this have to do with poker. Barbara Enright made more sense.

I think I recorded part of it…wonder if I deleted it from my old IPod…

Load Metric
    GO NOT HAVE THE BACKGROUND INFO ON EXTENDED WARRANTY YOU FRAUD CLOWN

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    GO NOT HAVE THE BACKGROUND INFO ON EXTENDED WARRANTY YOU FRAUD CLOWN
    What?

Thread Information