Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: The Grocery Store Report Thread

  1. #1
    Silver
    Reputation
    59
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    540
    Load Metric
    14547398

    The Grocery Store Report Thread

    What did you see in your area?
    Empty Shelves
    High Prices
    Low Prices

    I went to Safeway and got 4 12 packs of Coke products for $12.
    That's right $3 per 12 pack.

    Don't let the media think for you or influence your perception.

    That's right, inflation is a dangerous FOX News talking point and nothing else.
    What food shortages? Everything was in stock besides Ginger Snaps.
    High gas prices, don't worry about it.

    Biden's got our back.
    Eat a dick you right wing cock suckers, hhahahaha

    Nice to go shopping without paying Trump's Mafia tax.

    48 of these for $12

    Amazing!

     
    Comments
      
      IamGreek: Every holiday in my neck of woods. Stock up
      
      pagelpoker: Plenty of opportunity for those willing to put in a hard days work

  2. #2
    Bronze pagelpoker's Avatar
    Reputation
    42
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    269
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Isn't it sad how every Trump supporter is now unable to afford to fill their gas tank or pay their rent? Weird because the local mill is starting at $28 an hour now (god bless America)? Maybe now they will find their way back to the mill? Or are they waiting for the reissuance of their Trump relief checks in 2024?
    PFA NFL Handicapping Champion

  3. #3
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    8068
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    47,597
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Stores do not look the same as they did in 2019. It's not even close. It's not like the super empty shelves of March 2020, but that was because of panic hoarding, not supply chain issues.

    Today there is no panic hoarding. The empty shelves you see are legit because they're out of product.

    In March 2020 it was honestly quite hard to find a lot of things. Like frozen vegetables? Forget about it. Toilet paper? You all remember.

    But let's get back to today. Yes, prices are substantially higher, especially for certain items. There are sometimes sales. Like Entropy, I just bought three 12-packs of soda for $4 each (I wish I got $3 like him, but $4 still good). However, that's an outlier. Most soda packs are near $6 each these days, even at the "cheaper" stores. Most other stuff I buy has also gone up in price. The occasional sale item doesn't erase that.

    Additionally, as I said, some things are just out (or near out). For example, at the Target near me, I used to complain that they had stocking issues in December, where several shelves would be bare. Now every month looks like those Decembers. You see a shelf bare, you shrug your shoulders and move on. Welcome to post-COVID Biden land.

    There is no reason we should be seeing a combo of empty shelves, inflation, and worker shortages. We should have seen a tremendous economic boom when the vaccines were released and everyone got back to work. We didn't. Instead, the free money kept flowing, and people got too used to staying home. A lot of workers found ways to subsist upon the combo of free/saved money and side gig work.

    I have personal friends who outright fucked their landlord during the eviction moratorium, and moved out. No, I'm not talking about Master Scalir. He's obsessed with his apartment and paid it all BACK. I'm talking about others who just banked their free gubbmit money, paid zero rent, and then bounced when the eviction moratorium was finally over. These people already had fucked credit so they didn't care. I don't approve of what they did, but it's not my business so I keep my mouth shut.

    We should be back to 2019 life at this point, but we aren't. Omicron is only dangerous to those with major preexisting conditions or very elderly. The elderly aren't in the workforce anyway.

    Biden has been a disaster of a President on just about every front.

     
    Comments
      
      pagelpoker: Agree with parts of this, but Trump printed the money...

  4. #4
    Platinum FRANKRIZZO's Avatar
    Reputation
    347
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,647
    Load Metric
    14547398
    My son got his first job at 16 for the summer at a grocery store, very upscale store all has stocked shelves. One day he got 3 tips. He is bagging and getting carts, on Thursday he will start cashier training. Long days. Saving for a car.

     
    Comments
      
      pagelpoker: Opportunity in this country for those willing to work

  5. #5
    Diamond lol wow's Avatar
    Reputation
    898
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,764
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Lol at this white nerd buying frozen vegetables

  6. #6
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    632
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,101
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Target grocery dept is the nut low though, at least out here. I've had very little trouble finding what I want going to Safeway or the local Kroger brand store.

    That inflation is real though. I think the vitamins I buy have gone up ~40% in the last year.

  7. #7
    Diamond lol wow's Avatar
    Reputation
    898
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    8,764
    Load Metric
    14547398
    GUYS HIS WOMENS CHEWABLE GUMMI MULTI VITAMINS ARE UP 40 PERCENT

     
    Comments
      
      dwai: lol wow
      
      pagelpoker: lol
      
      Pablo:

  8. #8
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3480
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,558
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    We should be back to 2019 life at this point, but we aren't..
    I can’t and won’t give you a lesson in MMT and it’s mistaken thinking. All you need to know is we increased the money supply by 40% and real resources dried up. Energy, labor, chips, food - THERE IS NOT ENOUGH STUFF.

    When you print money that does not create wealth. Real resources are wealth. This is all you need to remember.

    MMT’ers believe gubmint central planners can allocate the created dollars properly and stimulate real resource growth. I know you aren’t a big fan of the wisdom of central planning. I don’t do drugs either.

    This wasn’t just an “America” thing. The whole world shut down and went to 0% (or negative). Admittedly we printed like a mother fucker cause we can.

    This didn’t start with Biden. Was he a catalyst in accelerating the collapse? Absolutely. He’s an idiot.

    In fairness, I posted many times in 2020 about my astonishment as a Trump voter at how truly stupid Trump appeared to be during his daily Covid television nonsense. Laughably Trump trying to prove he was smart become a thing and that was even more cringe.

    I digress

    I was thinking the other day I wish I had the letter Trump sent announcing my stimulus payment was being sent. Definitely collectible.

    All you need to understand is that you cannot print your way out of tough times. Glad your favorite Wall Street bank was saved in 2008. I’m glad people didn’t starve in 2020. But you were just kicking the tough times down the road. Those times are here.

    We were NOT going back to 2019. We were calling for a massive correction for years prior. The market is wronger longer than you would think.

    The reset is healthy in the big picture but let’s keep that opinion to ourselves. Ten years will go by very quickly

     
    Comments
      
      pagelpoker: Love
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 07-05-2022 at 11:38 AM.

  9. #9
    Platinum garrett's Avatar
    Reputation
    -100
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    east coast
    Posts
    3,383
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Sanlmar speaking that real knowledge right there

    Druff we printed 10 Trillion dollars over a Flu Virus (Trump did twice..) and gave it away to everyone to survive a flu virus, shut everything down so Economically long-run they do have consequences then, like inflation here now. Exactly what San said, that has some build in consequences like extreme inflation, rising costs, interest rates going up, and its real this is pure Econ 101. This is also why here in America housing and as its getting harder to own one, will again go back to massively valuable to anyone who has one since, there is no supply and now its going to be much more expensive to build and increase that Supply which means that is put into the homes final cost (Price goes UP...)

    Paper money has negative consequences built into it when you increase the supply significantly (Monetary Policy..) and in a short period of time

     
    Comments
      
      Sloppy Joe: MOVE THE FUCK OVER ALAN GREENSPAN GARRETT IS GOD
      
      Sanlmar: Garret love back.

  10. #10
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3480
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,558
    Load Metric
    14547398
    What was it like in 2019, Druff?

    Imagine you got another credit card and now you’re up to 5. You buy a new Escalade with the zero percent loan available. You go on a cruise.

    The hot dog on a stick guy is raking your borrowed dollars.

    You feel like a million bucks. This is never gonna end.


    Like Jenga, you just needed one hiccup to send your phony existence crashing down. Biden was that hiccup.


    Biden de-dolarizing the world has sped up the “dollar as world currency” bet with Daly. Sorry buddy.

    Imagine you are some EU or developing country wanting to buy some oil. You need to exchange your currency for dollars and the dollar exploding upward. Over 1.5% just today which is some kinda record. Yeah, your third world ass is gonna look for alternatives. You woulda been sanctioned eventually anyway.

    Fucking up the petro-dollar.

    GG

  11. #11
    Bronze pagelpoker's Avatar
    Reputation
    42
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    269
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    We should be back to 2019 life at this point, but we aren't..
    I can’t and won’t give you a lesson in MMT and it’s mistaken thinking. All you need to know is we increased the money supply by 40% and real resources dried up. Energy, labor, chips, food - THERE IS NOT ENOUGH STUFF.

    When you print money that does not create wealth. Real resources are wealth. This is all you need to remember.

    MMT’ers believe gubmint central planners can allocate the created dollars properly and stimulate real resource growth. I know you aren’t a big fan of the wisdom of central planning. I don’t do drugs either.

    This wasn’t just an “America” thing. The whole world shut down and went to 0% (or negative). Admittedly we printed like a mother fucker cause we can.

    This didn’t start with Biden. Was he a catalyst in accelerating the collapse? Absolutely. He’s an idiot.

    In fairness, I posted many times in 2020 about my astonishment as a Trump voter at how truly stupid Trump appeared to be during his daily Covid television nonsense. Laughably Trump trying to prove he was smart become a thing and that was even more cringe.

    I digress

    I was thinking the other day I wish I had the letter Trump sent announcing my stimulus payment was being sent. Definitely collectible.

    All you need to understand is that you cannot print your way out of tough times. Glad your favorite Wall Street bank was saved in 2008. I’m glad people didn’t starve in 2020. But you were just kicking the tough times down the road. Those times are here.

    We were NOT going back to 2019. We were calling for a massive correction for years prior. The market is wronger longer than you would think.

    The reset is healthy in the big picture but let’s keep that opinion to ourselves. Ten years will go by very quickly
    Economics over politics. The man speaks facts.
    Name:  imrs.gif
Views: 187
Size:  238.6 KB
    PFA NFL Handicapping Champion

  12. #12
    Canadrunk limitles's Avatar
    Reputation
    1608
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In Todd's head
    Posts
    15,789
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Stores do not look the same as they did in 2019. It's not even close. It's not like the super empty shelves of March 2020, but that was because of panic hoarding, not supply chain issues.

    Today there is no panic hoarding. The empty shelves you see are legit because they're out of product.

    In March 2020 it was honestly quite hard to find a lot of things. Like frozen vegetables? Forget about it. Toilet paper? You all remember.

    But let's get back to today. Yes, prices are substantially higher, especially for certain items. There are sometimes sales. Like Entropy, I just bought three 12-packs of soda for $4 each (I wish I got $3 like him, but $4 still good). However, that's an outlier. Most soda packs are near $6 each these days, even at the "cheaper" stores. Most other stuff I buy has also gone up in price. The occasional sale item doesn't erase that.

    Additionally, as I said, some things are just out (or near out). For example, at the Target near me, I used to complain that they had stocking issues in December, where several shelves would be bare. Now every month looks like those Decembers. You see a shelf bare, you shrug your shoulders and move on. Welcome to post-COVID Biden land.

    There is no reason we should be seeing a combo of empty shelves, inflation, and worker shortages. We should have seen a tremendous economic boom when the vaccines were released and everyone got back to work. We didn't. Instead, the free money kept flowing, and people got too used to staying home. A lot of workers found ways to subsist upon the combo of free/saved money and side gig work.

    I have personal friends who outright fucked their landlord during the eviction moratorium, and moved out. No, I'm not talking about Master Scalir. He's obsessed with his apartment and paid it all BACK. I'm talking about others who just banked their free gubbmit money, paid zero rent, and then bounced when the eviction moratorium was finally over. These people already had fucked credit so they didn't care. I don't approve of what they did, but it's not my business so I keep my mouth shut.

    We should be back to 2019 life at this point, but we aren't. Omicron is only dangerous to those with major preexisting conditions or very elderly. The elderly aren't in the workforce anyway.

    Biden has been a disaster of a President on just about every front.
    Really? You chimp. So the virus is "done". Who do you think paid for each and every defence against it? That's right, everyone from almost everywhere. Never mind associated costs in economic shutdown i.e. businesses closed for months on end. Guess who pays for that long term? Everyone.

    Also, there is a war on. Guess who pays for that? You do you stupid chimp.
    unbounded
    Never Forget



  13. #13
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    2347
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,283
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    What was it like in 2019, Druff?

    Imagine you got another credit card and now you’re up to 5. You buy a new Escalade with the zero percent loan available. You go on a cruise.

    The hot dog on a stick guy is raking your borrowed dollars.

    You feel like a million bucks. This is never gonna end.


    Like Jenga, you just needed one hiccup to send your phony existence crashing down. Biden was that hiccup.


    Biden de-dolarizing the world has sped up the “dollar as world currency” bet with Daly. Sorry buddy.

    Imagine you are some EU or developing country wanting to buy some oil. You need to exchange your currency for dollars and the dollar exploding upward. Over 1.5% just today which is some kinda record. Yeah, your third world ass is gonna look for alternatives. You woulda been sanctioned eventually anyway.

    Fucking up the petro-dollar.

    GG

    What are we betting on?

  14. #14
    Silver
    Reputation
    59
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Posts
    540
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Headline from Yahoo. Speaking of food prices.
    Bill Gates just won legal approval to buy 2,100 acres of North Dakota farmland worth $13.5M — and people are ‘livid’ about it all across the state
    Bill Gates made his fortune in tech, but he’s now betting big on something completely different: farmland.

    Last week, Gates secured the legal approval for purchasing 2,100 acres of farmland from northeastern North Dakota potato growers Campbell Farms.

    Of course, this isn’t first time Gates has invested in the asset class. Having amassed nearly 270,000 acres of farmland across dozens of states, Gates is already the largest private owner of farmland in America.

    Let’s take a closer look at the approval.

    Gates’ purchase of farmland in North Dakota initially raised concerns because of a Depression-era law that prohibits corporations and limited liability companies from owning farmland in the region.

    North Dakota’s Agriculture Commissioner Doug Goehring previously told KFYR-TV — a television station in Bismarck, North Dakota — that many people weren’t thrilled about the news.

    “I’ve gotten a big earful on this from clear across the state, it’s not even from that neighborhood. Those people are upset, but there are others that are just livid about this,” Geohring said.

    However, the anti-corporate farming law does allow individual trusts to own farmland if it is leased to farmers — and that’s what Gates’ firm plans to do.

    On Wednesday, North Dakota’s Attorney General issued a letter saying that the purchase complied with the law.

    A recession-resistant asset
    https://news.yahoo.com/bill-gates-ju...171500255.html

    I'm really not to opinionated about Gates, I hear crazy stuff about his de population agenda. I assume that's not true but I haven't looked into it.
    What do you guys think?

  15. #15
    Platinum devidee's Avatar
    Reputation
    781
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,573
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Apparently, the goyim won’t break rocks unless they’re starving.

    Name:  B0D30267-8AEE-43E0-AFA0-AC4E5E9BDD70.jpeg
Views: 140
Size:  229.5 KB


    In case you were wondering if our owners are psychopaths.

  16. #16
    Platinum devidee's Avatar
    Reputation
    781
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,573
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Name:  8DE5748F-B227-498E-9B52-44C694BFFC3F.jpeg
Views: 133
Size:  101.5 KB

  17. #17
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3480
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,558
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Name:  45C4EAE3-022A-4791-80EE-B5FF4C75CAA7.jpeg
Views: 115
Size:  460.0 KB

  18. #18
    Diamond Sloppy Joe's Avatar
    Reputation
    892
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,203
    Load Metric
    14547398
    LOL at these alpha MAGA cuckolds doing women's work by going grocery shopping.

     
    Comments
      
      mickeycrimm: Joe, what are u paying for tampons these days?
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

  19. #19
    Platinum FRANKRIZZO's Avatar
    Reputation
    347
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,647
    Load Metric
    14547398
    Son started training on the cash register at grocery store. Lady training him said he did really well and is going to be on his own next week. Really proud of him. He got another tip of 20 dollars from customer. That is surprising to me although I could see him getting tips for bagging groceries. His second 20 dollar tip in 2 weeks. He is a hustler he really blossomed this past year in school missed honor roll by half a grade worked in theater with crew and was in choir. He also gets one free meal per shift at the grocery store.

     
    Comments
      
      devidee: Sorry about your son’s Downs, bro.
      
      garrett: ahhh to be a kid again right.. "He also gets one free meal per shift at the grocery store."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-01-2021, 04:51 PM
  2. Look what I picked up at grocery store
    By Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 06:56 AM
  3. Bought some Diet Coke and air freshener at grocery store
    By Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-25-2015, 10:31 PM
  4. Added Report Post button, updated rules thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 09:55 AM
  5. Bug Report Thread
    By Dan Druff in forum Bug Fixes & Suggestions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 12:02 PM