Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There's a story going around about a girl sneaking outside chips into WSOP Ladies Event, getting caught, receiving minor penalty

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

There's a story going around about a girl sneaking outside chips into WSOP Ladies Event, getting caught, receiving minor penalty

Bizarre story from the WSOP. As of right now, it is not verified.

A female poker player named "Jinny" posted a tweet accusing another woman -- a young, pretty white female -- of sneaking outside chips into her WSOP Ladies Event stack. More shocking is the fact that this woman was allegedly caught, confessed, and only got a one-round penalty!

Jinny then deleted her tweet, but claimed she stood by the story. Here is a screen shot of the two tweets:

Name:  jinny1.jpg
Views: 1692
Size:  101.1 KB
    Name:  jinny2.jpg
Views: 1657
Size:  138.4 KB

Here's Jinny's follow-up tweet, along with someone claiming they witnessed it happening:

https://twitter.com/xjinsun/status/1542342567714381824
    https://twitter.com/xjinsun/status/1542348800974417921

A woman named "Elanit" on Twitter posted another picture of the girl, as well as a screen shot of a message about how this girl was previously caught doing it:

https://twitter.com/Elanit/status/1542283739178291201

And a guy named Mike Maddocks posted a picture of the two different chipsets which ended up on the table. Note the $1k chips, with different patterns on them! Oddly he deleted his tweet, as well.

Name:  jinny3.jpg
Views: 1668
Size:  190.0 KB

If this story is true, it's mind boggling that this woman wasn't disqualified and banned from Caesars properties. Young pretty female privilege? Sure seems like it.

At this time, the girl's identity is unknown.

Developing...

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    There are so many versions of what went on. I played in that event and the rumors spread like wildfire. That bottom photo, however, is rather damning, and I'll try to find out more later today.

Load Metric
    At the least she should have gotten boot from tournament and banned from property.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Update from Haley in poker.org:

Some corrections to the rumors...

- The girl WAS banned from the WSOP, and trespassed from all Caesars properties.

- The chips were NOT taken from the Ladies Warmup event.

Article: https://www.poker.org/wsop-bans-play...-championship/

The above article does NOT name the woman involved. However, I have a good idea who it is. Read on...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have good reason to believe that the girl in question is Juliana Vidal Cruz of Rio de Janiero, Brazil.

Here is her Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vidalju/

Here is her Hendon Mob: https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/pla...p?a=r&n=648878

Here's a side-by-side of the accused poker player and a recent Instagram pic:

Name:  juliana.png
Views: 1117
Size:  414.3 KB

Here is a picture of Juliana playing poker in December:

Name:  juliana2.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  194.9 KB

Note that her Hendon Mob shows a cash in 163rd place in the Ladies Event. How is that possible if she was banned? Here is the story I was told:

She was caught putting chips on the table after break, but it was not thought that the chips were counterfeit. They simply thought she had taken chips from the table during break, and put them back when break was over. That's why her penalty was only one round.

Shortly after that, she busted in the money.

However they later found those counterfeit chips and realized that she had snuck them into the event, and it wasn't just a case of accidentally taking chips off the table and returning them. That was a much worse offense, so she was banned and trespassed at that time.

I want to make it clear that none of the above has been verified. The girl pictured in the event is NOT yet verified to be Juliana Vidal Cruz, but she sure as hell looks like her. Furthermore, the above story regarding her banning is an unverified story, though the source has been accurate in the past.

I guess we will have to see if Juliana appears at any further WSOP events. My guess is that we won't see her again.

Load Metric
    That girl has a pretty prominent septum piercing. Don’t see it in the wsop pics although it’s not great quality.

She also has a really common makeup type pattern which can be difficult to distinguish. It could be her but I’d say like 50/50.

That being said I guess it comes down to how reputable the story is. But anywyas if she’s been trespassed I’m sure it will be confirmed very soon who it is.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    That girl has a pretty prominent septum piercing. Don’t see it in the wsop pics although it’s not great quality.

She also has a really common makeup type pattern which can be difficult to distinguish. It could be her but I’d say like 50/50.
    Yeah the septum piercing is something I noticed, too. She really does look a lot like that one other poker photo, though.

Load Metric
    Looks like she just made her Instagram private. It wasn’t a few hours ago hmmmmm

Load Metric
    Also to the 2.5 women who read this site. Don’t get a septum piercing, clearly one of the most unattractive piercings you can get. Same goes for men

Comments

JoeD: Double green

Load Metric
    I can fix her

Comments

Tellafriend: good one!
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Looks like she just made her Instagram private. It wasn’t a few hours ago hmmmmm
    Not showing private for me

Comments

lck2000: Ditto, shows for me. If the person who can't see her smarted off to her probably she blocked you.

Load Metric
    FWIW, the buy in for event #61 was $1,000. Some places such as Hendon Mob have it listed at $10,000.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There are now some conflicting reports regarding when this chick got disqualified. I am hearing from one person that the disqualification happened "long before the money", which would mean that it couldn't be this Juliana chick if true.

For whatever reason, the identity of this woman seems to be a huge secret, and nobody has been able to tell me with certainty who it really was.

Load Metric
    Going to throw out a theory here...

I find it odd that out of exactly 163 spots that are in the money, she finished in the very LAST money spot (163rd) to cash for $800. I get it, someone has to finish in that spot, but it’s just odd that it was her.

I’m wondering if she was already in the money when they confronted her and an agreement was made to disqualify her at that point. Maybe there was some negotiation on both sides since WSOP May have only been working with circumstantial proof as to her actually bringing counterfeit chips to the table. She may have stuck to the story of the chips being hers and she brought them back to the table by accident and she had nothing to do with the counterfeit chips that showed up later. At that point maybe an agreement was made to take the last money spot and walk. Buy in was 1k, by accepting the last money spot for $800, only takes a $200 loss. She obviously knows they can disqualify her if they wanted. She may have known with enough time and checking cameras they might eventually piece it together, so she agreed to 163rd.

There has to be something to her finishing 163rd.
    Last edited by PositiveVariance; 07-01-2022 at 07:03 PM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PositiveVariance View Post
    Going to throw out a theory here...

I find it odd that out of exactly 163 spots that are in the money, she finished in the very LAST money spot (163rd) to cash for $800. I get it, someone has to finish in that spot, but it’s just odd that it was her.

I’m wondering if she was already in the money when they confronted her and an agreement was made to disqualify her at that point. Maybe there was some negotiation on both sides since WSOP May have only been working with circumstantial proof as to her actually bringing counterfeit chips to the table. She may have stuck to the story of the chips being hers and she brought them back to the table by accident and she had nothing to do with the counterfeit chips that showed up later. At that point maybe an agreement was made to take the last money spot and walk. Buy in was 1k, by accepting the last money spot for $800, only takes a $200 loss. She obviously knows they can disqualify her if they wanted. She may have known with enough time and checking cameras they might eventually piece it together, so she agreed to 163rd.

There has to be something to her finishing 163rd.

It's got to be her. The WSOP site says that 162 spots were in the money, with a min cash of $1,600

https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/pay...of=203613&rr=5

She is listed as finishing "163rd" with a cash of $800, which is below the $1,000 buy in. The $800 is probably either a refund of the buyin less rake or a number they agreed on as they booted her out of there

https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/res...tid=20361&rr=5

This scenario makes sense and fits with Haley's story, which is they probably initially disqualified her from the tourney, thinking she puts chips in her pocket during a break,
    and ultimately opted to refund her buyin.

After further investigation they discovered that some of the chips were fake and perma banned her.

In any event, I guess they want to account for the $800 reduction from the prize pool so they gave her 163rd place
    Last edited by JoeD; 07-02-2022 at 05:06 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The $800 reduction in her payout isn't what you think.

Juliana Vidal Cruz busted at the same time as Kelli Storck at another table. This was during hand-for-hand play, right on the money bubble. This burst the bubble, but created an extra payout spot. To account for this, Storck and Juliana split the 162nd payout spot. Hendonmob incorrectly shows Storck got $1600, presumably because the payout structure said that 162nd gets $1600. In reality, Storck and Juliana tied for 162nd, but Hendonmob has no way to display that.

Here's the update: https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/upd...rr=5&curpage=5

Scroll down a bit to find it.

Ignore the picture of Juliana shown there. That's taken from back in December 2021, and already posted here. Presumably Pokernews didn't have a current picture of Juliana from this event, which is too bad because it would solve the mystery as to whether or not she was the one banned.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The $800 reduction in her payout isn't what you think.

Juliana Vidal Cruz busted at the same time as Kelli Storck at another table. This was during hand-for-hand play, right on the money bubble. This burst the bubble, but created an extra payout spot. To account for this, Storck and Juliana split the 162nd payout spot. Hendonmob incorrectly shows Storck got $1600, presumably because the payout structure said that 162nd gets $1600. In reality, Storck and Juliana tied for 162nd, but Hendonmob has no way to display that.

Here's the update: https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/upd...rr=5&curpage=5

Scroll down a bit to find it.

Ignore the picture of Juliana shown there. That's taken from back in December 2021, and already posted here. Presumably Pokernews didn't have a current picture of Juliana from this event, which is too bad because it would solve the mystery as to whether or not she was the one banned.

Looks like your right.

Also, it looks like Hendon Mob was able to figure out how to list Storck at $800 in 162nd. So now it currently shows them both with $800. What is strange is yesterday it showed the both at $800, then sometime after that it put Storck at $1600, and then today back to $800 for both.

This is interesting, because the chips she snuck on the table actually might have helped her get to the money.

I’m surprised people don’t sneak chips into tournaments more often tbh.

Name:  897C8198-7D55-4941-BF83-048CDE530D0F.jpeg
Views: 599
Size:  438.7 KB
    Last edited by PositiveVariance; 07-02-2022 at 06:39 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There is still a big vulnerability at WSOP regarding chip insertion.

Since the same chips are used for a lot of events, if one is deep they could take chips off the table which of are little value at the time, but very valuable at the beginning of tournaments.

Let's take the 5k chips, for example. When I was fairly deep in the Seniors event (about 300 left out of 7188), I had about 665k. I had a lot of 5k chips, which obviously weren't very meaningful by themselves at that point. I could have swiped five of them from my stack and pocketed them, and the 640k remaining would be roughly equivalent to my former 665k stack, and wouldn't be likely to impact my chances in the event. (Furthermore, if I were to get crippled, and really need the chips back, I could easily return them!)

Now let's say I did that and had five 5k chips in my pocket when I busted. Then I could enter other events, and if it's the same chipset, I could slowly sneak one or more 5k chips in as needed. In fact, I could sneak them all pretty easily when changing tables. This would provide pretty big value -- going from 25k to 50k!

The above would be a very +EV move.

Would I do it? Of course not. I'm not a scumbag cheater and play all of the events honestly. However, I have noticed this vulnerability for a long time, and hate that they don't have more chip sets running at the WSOP. I'm sure this has been done many times before by others.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    There is still a big vulnerability at WSOP regarding chip insertion.

Since the same chips are used for a lot of events, if one is deep they could take chips off the table which of are little value at the time, but very valuable at the beginning of tournaments.

Let's take the 5k chips, for example. When I was fairly deep in the Seniors event (about 300 left out of 7188), I had about 665k. I had a lot of 5k chips, which obviously weren't very meaningful by themselves at that point. I could have swiped five of them from my stack and pocketed them, and the 640k remaining would be roughly equivalent to my former 665k stack, and wouldn't be likely to impact my chances in the event. (Furthermore, if I were to get crippled, and really need the chips back, I could easily return them!)

Now let's say I did that and had five 5k chips in my pocket when I busted. Then I could enter other events, and if it's the same chipset, I could slowly sneak one or more 5k chips in as needed. In fact, I could sneak them all pretty easily when changing tables. This would provide pretty big value -- going from 25k to 50k!

The above would be a very +EV move.

Would I do it? Of course not. I'm not a scumbag cheater and play all of the events honestly. However, I have noticed this vulnerability for a long time, and hate that they don't have more chip sets running at the WSOP. I'm sure this has been done many times before by others.
    You should let Effel know.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    They are very aware. This vulnerability has existed for many years.

Unfortunately, the "fix" is very burdensome and expensive -- keeping around a ton of different chip sets. But they could at least partially fix it, by bringing in more chipsets to make this more difficult for would-be cheaters to pull off.

I think there are only 2-3 chipsets in action at the moment.

Thread Information