Thread: There's a story going around about a girl sneaking outside chips into WSOP Ladies Event, getting caught, receiving minor penalty

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

There's a story going around about a girl sneaking outside chips into WSOP Ladies Event, getting caught, receiving minor penalty

Bizarre story from the WSOP. As of right now, it is not verified.

A female poker player named "Jinny" posted a tweet accusing another woman -- a young, pretty white female -- of sneaking outside chips into her WSOP Ladies Event stack. More shocking is the fact that this woman was allegedly caught, confessed, and only got a one-round penalty!

Jinny then deleted her tweet, but claimed she stood by the story. Here is a screen shot of the two tweets:

Name:  jinny1.jpg
Views: 1698
Size:  101.1 KB
    Name:  jinny2.jpg
Views: 1663
Size:  138.4 KB

Here's Jinny's follow-up tweet, along with someone claiming they witnessed it happening:

https://twitter.com/xjinsun/status/1542342567714381824
    https://twitter.com/xjinsun/status/1542348800974417921

A woman named "Elanit" on Twitter posted another picture of the girl, as well as a screen shot of a message about how this girl was previously caught doing it:

https://twitter.com/Elanit/status/1542283739178291201

And a guy named Mike Maddocks posted a picture of the two different chipsets which ended up on the table. Note the $1k chips, with different patterns on them! Oddly he deleted his tweet, as well.

Name:  jinny3.jpg
Views: 1673
Size:  190.0 KB

If this story is true, it's mind boggling that this woman wasn't disqualified and banned from Caesars properties. Young pretty female privilege? Sure seems like it.

At this time, the girl's identity is unknown.

Developing...

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    There are so many versions of what went on. I played in that event and the rumors spread like wildfire. That bottom photo, however, is rather damning, and I'll try to find out more later today.

Load Metric
    At the least she should have gotten boot from tournament and banned from property.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Update from Haley in poker.org:

Some corrections to the rumors...

- The girl WAS banned from the WSOP, and trespassed from all Caesars properties.

- The chips were NOT taken from the Ladies Warmup event.

Article: https://www.poker.org/wsop-bans-play...-championship/

The above article does NOT name the woman involved. However, I have a good idea who it is. Read on...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have good reason to believe that the girl in question is Juliana Vidal Cruz of Rio de Janiero, Brazil.

Here is her Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vidalju/

Here is her Hendon Mob: https://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/pla...p?a=r&n=648878

Here's a side-by-side of the accused poker player and a recent Instagram pic:

Name:  juliana.png
Views: 1122
Size:  414.3 KB

Here is a picture of Juliana playing poker in December:

Name:  juliana2.jpg
Views: 1140
Size:  194.9 KB

Note that her Hendon Mob shows a cash in 163rd place in the Ladies Event. How is that possible if she was banned? Here is the story I was told:

She was caught putting chips on the table after break, but it was not thought that the chips were counterfeit. They simply thought she had taken chips from the table during break, and put them back when break was over. That's why her penalty was only one round.

Shortly after that, she busted in the money.

However they later found those counterfeit chips and realized that she had snuck them into the event, and it wasn't just a case of accidentally taking chips off the table and returning them. That was a much worse offense, so she was banned and trespassed at that time.

I want to make it clear that none of the above has been verified. The girl pictured in the event is NOT yet verified to be Juliana Vidal Cruz, but she sure as hell looks like her. Furthermore, the above story regarding her banning is an unverified story, though the source has been accurate in the past.

I guess we will have to see if Juliana appears at any further WSOP events. My guess is that we won't see her again.

Load Metric
    That girl has a pretty prominent septum piercing. Don’t see it in the wsop pics although it’s not great quality.

She also has a really common makeup type pattern which can be difficult to distinguish. It could be her but I’d say like 50/50.

That being said I guess it comes down to how reputable the story is. But anywyas if she’s been trespassed I’m sure it will be confirmed very soon who it is.

Thread Information