Thread: Bad beat jackpot at Rivers in Pittsburgh now largest in history.

Load Metric

Bad beat jackpot at Rivers in Pittsburgh now largest in history.

So I’ve been playing poker over in Pittsburgh a few days a week. In the past they always lowered the threshold once it hit like $200k. This time they decided to leave it quad 10s as the lowest losing hand that qualifies.

The bad beat has now surpassed the previous record set in Detroit and sits today at 1,079,315

Still playing seven handed at max, and usually someone is off eating dinner or misses their blind. Just a table share is $65k with full table.

I recall when Willie won one for $50k being the actual winner/loser.

The losing hand will get around $432k atm.

I’ve been sitting a few times where there was a sweat. I wasn’t involved in any of the hands. An 8910 all spades flop where a kid had 6/7 spades and the other guy got it all in with A-J spades with one card to come

Quad aces on A-A-Q flop against trip Q’s against a short stack, so that was the bigger sweat with two cards yet to come. As hard as it is, it’s amusing it’s went this long. Room has 10 tables playing on a normal Monday and Tuesday night. 20+ on weekends. I think this has been going since basically the end of Covid.

It’s amusing to watch old timers rush back from the bathroom. Every time I go to sports book and come back they’ll wonder if I was worried it had hit. They don’t seem to understand if it did hit, it wouldn’t have had I been sitting. Guys sitting there for 16 hours.

Previous record

https://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/2...er_bad_be.html

Comments

Tellafriend:
    Last edited by BCR; 06-28-2022 at 06:02 AM.

Load Metric
    Now that I recall it, the AJ hand I thought was a sweat, but wasn’t. It’s been months ago. Have to use both cards. I’ve never been in a room when one even hit. Seems the short stack situations are the best sweat. Where one guy is sitting with $100 in front of him and just gets it in with JJ against someone who catches a bigger pair.

Thread Information