Thread: Show Or no Show?

Load Metric

Show Or no Show?

Listening in archives to Colonostapy show. I had mine a 8 years ago or so was benign. Druff did you have to take the powder drink to clear out all the fecal matter. My least favorite action of the test.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I just did it late last year. I drank that stuff and it resulted in a 12 stage multi-blowout; Word on the street is Homeland Security was monitoring me for an elevated security risk.

True story though: I had a camera up both ends of me in the same procedure.

I was originally just supposed to do an Endoscopy because I had some massive heartburn issues and the doctors couldn't figure out why, and they were trying to pinpoint the issue. The doctor asked me if I wanted to schedule a Colonoscopy at the same time because they could do everything while I was knocked out. So I did it.

So yup, I had a camera down my throat and up my asshole on the same day.

Load Metric
    Up the nose camera is really intrusive. Glad I didn't have to endure that. I was in and out in less then 30 minutes.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Up the nose camera is really intrusive. Glad I didn't have to endure that. I was in and out in less then 30 minutes.

FWIW, it was down my throat, not my nose.

In any case though, I woke up not feeling a thing or having any recollection at all of what went on. Anesthesia does wonderous things and sometimes even weird things

Why you ask? Well, after the procedure was finished, the nurses were trying to wake me up from the anesthesia. The light in the room was pretty low. I shit you not, the moment I opened my eyes, I saw the weirdest thing in front of me trying to talk to me. The best description I can give you is that it looked like Shrek was nudging me and speaking to me trying to wake me up. I'm not even exaggerating. It looked to me like a big green figure calmly talking to me and trying to get my attention. I think that was probably the weirdest moment I've ever experienced in my life. The figure was so detailed and it honest to god looked like Shrek. I've never even seen the movies or anything to have something like that imprinted in my memory so well.

Apparently I said something to effect of "why are you green" "why do you look like Shrek" (this is what the nurses told me later when i was cognizant). I was later introduced to the particular nurse who was talking to me and she was just this nice young asian girl.

As word spread, apparently I was a big hit and the nurses on the entire floor had a good laugh over the experience (this is what my wife told me after we left). I was happy to know I brought some entertainment.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

FWIW, it was down my throat...

In any case though, I woke up not feeling a thing or having any recollection at all of what went on.
    Sounds to me like a hassle-free DP shoot.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Listening in archives to Colonostapy show. I had mine a 8 years ago or so was benign. Druff did you have to take the powder drink to clear out all the fecal matter. My least favorite action of the test.

I'm preparing the show right now. Internet at this secret location is kinda fail so I'm still trying to see if it's going to be sufficient for broadcast. If it's not, I will definitely broadcast tomorrow, as I will be at a different location which I've broadcasted successfully from in the past.

Regarding my colonoscopy, yes, I had to dump Miralax into Gatorade to have watery diarrhea for the rest of the night. I also had to drink 64 ounces of the stuff, which wasn't easy, especially since I could only use blue, clear, or yellow Gatorade, and not the two flavors I like (orange or red).

Still way better than the awful tasting Suprep, which is the "official" way to prepare, but the Gatorade/Miralax thing is off-label yet reliable for the past 20 years. I was told by the doctor that my prep was good, and she saw everything clearly.

If yours was completely free of polyps, that's a very good sign. If you had benign polyps, you still should be testing again. I had some non-benign polyps, including a mid-stage precancerous one, so I'll be doing these for the rest of my life.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, when I woke up from the propofol, I was fairly coherent, but just a bit slow to react and it was difficult to speak. I remember trying to ask the doctor questions but was having trouble verbalizing them. This feeling wore off within a few minutes.

Some report having dreams on propofol, and other report that it feels instantaneous from when you go under. I had neither. Mine felt like a completely black, no-dream sleep, and I woke up feeling it had been about an hour. Indeed, I looked at my watch and I was out for about an hour. The sleep was so black and dream-free that I said that this is probably what it feels like to be dead.

Load Metric
    Dr said almost free . looking forward to show whether today or today. Mine was like what death must feel like remembered nothing.

Thread Information