View Poll Results: How bad are Druff's symptoms right now?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Asymptomatic -- tested due to exposure

8 23.53%
  • Similar to mild cold

9 26.47%
  • Similar to average cold

8 23.53%
  • Similar to severe cold

3 8.82%
  • Similar to severe flu

2 5.88%
  • Hospitalized with breathing issues

0 0%
  • Don't know / don't care

4 11.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: COVID finally got me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    DAN DRUFF IS VERY GREATFULL FOR THE PROTECTION HIS 3 VACCINES GAVE HIM
    druff had 4

Comments

JACKDANIELS: HOF

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Poll is closed, so I will reveal the answer.

It felt like a mild cold. In fact, it was so mild that I was in denial that it could possibly be COVID, and didn't test right away. Finally, on Friday morning I started to become slightly concerned because tons of poker Twitter nerds were posting that they had COVID, and that it was very cold-like. I still thought I only had a cold, especially since I caught colds at the WSOP more often than not.

I scheduled a real test because I didn't want one of those gay home versions which have questionable accuracy. I drove to the test location on Friday afternoon. On Saturday morning at 4am, I got my result: Positive!

Keep in mind that Saturday afternoon was the day of the $3k Limit Holdem 6-Max event which I reallllly wanted to play. Sunday was the $10k Limit Holdem. I was healthy enough to play and could have been a degenerate dick and covered it up, but I didn't want to do that.

My immediate thought as I read that positive result:

"Fuck, I'm going to miss the remaining two limit holdem events!"

"Wow, I can't believe it's this mild. My average cold is worse than this!"

"Fuck, now I'm going to be self-isolating in my hotel room and be super bored for the next several days."

"Fourth vaccine was a FAIL and I'm not doing this shit again."

"I was way sicker from the second, third, and fourth shots than I was from actual COVID."

I am about 90% better as I type this, but keep in mind that even at the worst point, it was basically a runny nose with coughing and sneezing. I don't have a thermometer with me, but I don't think I even got a fever.

It is possible that the 4 shot regimen is what largely contributed to this extremely mild outcome, but I have yet to encounter one person who got it at WSOP who is experiencing it badly. Everyone is describing the same thing -- it is extremely cold-like, and ranges from a mild cold to moderately bad cold, but never worse than that.

I believe the COVID situation is basically OVER, except for very old or very vulnerable people. It seems to have already landed in cold territory for most getting it at this point.

Load Metric
    I see on Twitter it’s a cold, In fact i had what felt like a head cold 3 weeks ago after playing cash games with degens at Tampa hard rock,Very mild never would have guessed that was Covid but likely was. Considering running in today to get anti body test. Regardless Vegas here I come!
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

It felt like a mild cold. In fact, it was so mild that I was in denial that it could possibly be COVID, and didn't test right away. Finally, on Friday morning I started to become slightly concerned because tons of poker Twitter nerds were posting that they had COVID, and that it was very cold-like. I still thought I only had a cold, especially since I caught colds at the WSOP more often than not.

I scheduled a real test because I didn't want one of those gay home versions which have questionable accuracy. I drove to the test location on Friday afternoon. On Saturday morning at 4am, I got my result: Positive!

Keep in mind that Saturday afternoon was the day of the $3k Limit Holdem 6-Max event which I reallllly wanted to play. Sunday was the $10k Limit Holdem. I was healthy enough to play and could have been a degenerate dick and covered it up, but I didn't want to do that.

"Fuck, now I'm going to be self-isolating in my hotel room and be super bored for the next several days."

"I was way sicker from the second, third, and fourth shots than I was from actual COVID."

I am about 90% better as I type this, but keep in mind that even at the worst point, it was basically a runny nose with coughing and sneezing. I don't have a thermometer with me, but I don't think I even got a fever.

It is possible that the 4 shot regimen is what largely contributed to this extremely mild outcome, but I have yet to encounter one person who got it at WSOP who is experiencing it badly. Everyone is describing the same thing -- it is extremely cold-like, and ranges from a mild cold to moderately bad cold, but never worse than that.

I believe the COVID situation is basically OVER, except for very old or very vulnerable people. It seems to have already landed in cold territory for most getting it at this point.
    glad you're fine and coming to your senses about these aids vaccines

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

glad you're fine and coming to your senses about these aids vaccines

Now you have to just fade SADS.

Load Metric

Comments

1marley1: They’re so fucking stupid… they think this proves them right. lololol

BetCheckBet: My AA lost
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    So who thinks todge gets a 5th jab in the winter ?
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Druff, so did you drive back home, or stuck in your hotel room?
    I hear (I know, via Twitter) that if they find out you are isolating in your hotel room they will kick you out of your room.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeCaboom View Post
    I hear (I know, via Twitter) that if they find out you are isolating in your hotel room they will kick you out of your room.
    I did not drive back. Isolated in room.

Let's just say I had a plan for avoiding them kicking me out. Didn't come to it, though.

Also, I didn't announce it on Twitter for that reason. Dumb policy btw.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Asymptomatic with a couple long Covid false alarms in the month to come.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I think I had a mild cold after Easter...no real COVID symptoms, no fever, no headache.

Hmmm

Load Metric
    I declare Druff the winner of the Covid last longer bet.

There is no prize

Comments

Pablo: he wins another free booster

Load Metric

Let's just say I had a plan for avoiding them kicking me out. Didn't come to it, though.

Hope you get well soon quick so can keep playing.I hurt the achilles on my foot could have been omricon relayed.I shouldn't have been on treadmlll in the first place. I had really bad cough and was spitting up phlegm. I also had the shakes so sweated it out in bed. I never got shots being in descent shape helped me im sure.

Load Metric
    Phew. Glad Druff is ok and that covid is officially over. Now its time to focus on one of the biggest threats america faces…..trans men/women using bathrooms and playing sports.

Load Metric
    Mick Jagger has Covid at 78 and had to cancel Stones show last night.

Spoiler alert, he’ll live and be touring by next week.

Covid is over as a threat to anyone not almost dead. Shouldn’t even be a story anymore than the flu is each winter.

As for Druff, he will get the 5th shot this winter as it gets pushed like the annual flu shot.

Load Metric

when you are in the clear, share your plan with us for future reference.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Two things, COVID didn't get you, you lined up at the trough of W.S.O.P. and were going to get whatever your unwashed competitors had.

And yes vaccines are effective at preventing infection and or minimizing the severity of the illness. Masks are also known to help reduce the chance of being infected or infecting others.

It's been in the news

Comments

The Boz: Fucking clown. Stadiums and arenas have been packed all year and people don’t get it or know they have it. It’s only assholes who live in fear and keep getting tested like morons. How’s that crack motel you were pictured in?

NaturalBornHustler: MORON

nunbeater: lol offset these tards

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Now my wife has COVID, no chance I don't get it.

Bleh.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

Bleh.
    Count your blessings man

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

Bleh.
    Druff how could you?

Thread Information