Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Gun Maverick

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Cruise is a licensed pilot irl ,wow.

When he was promoting Mission Impossible Cruise took Corden sky diving. I was surprised Corden actually did it. It's worth a watch.

Idk about Scientology and all that but Cruise is a super nice guy.

The P-51 in Top Gun Maverick is actually Toms plane IRL, which i think is the same exact plane he is flying in this video

As far as James Corden goes, the dude has always struck me as a massive unfunny and unlikeable dbag. Cruise could have picked so many other people before that douchenugget.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Cruise is a licensed pilot irl ,wow.

When he was promoting Mission Impossible Cruise took Corden sky diving. I was surprised Corden actually did it. It's worth a watch.

Idk about Scientology and all that but Cruise is a super nice guy.

The P-51 in Top Gun Maverick is actually Toms plane IRL, which i think is the same exact plane he is flying in this video

As far as James Corden goes, the dude has always struck me as a massive unfunny and unlikeable dbag. Cruise could have picked so many other people before that douchenugget.
    I assumed Corden was gay but he's married with a son.

Load Metric
    Jet fuel and testosterone. Blue water and blue skies. Let the freedom bathe your body and soothe your eyes.

Comments

Tellafriend: nice

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by some user View Post
    Jet fuel and testosterone. Blue water and blue skies. Let the freedom bathe your body and soothe your eyes.
    Remember in 2018 when that guy stole the Alaska airlines plane, and the airline officials came out after and said “this is a tragedy and an egregious security lapse, but can you believe that guy pulled off a barrel roll in a Q400?”
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-09-2022 at 09:30 AM.

Load Metric
    Richard “Beebo” Russell was a ground service operator/baggage handler at the Seattle Tacoma International Airport (Sea-Tac)

Name:  7C6BADC7-4A37-4111-82F3-A4A0762E6D38.jpeg
Views: 423
Size:  813.6 KB

He steals a twin engine airliner and pulls off a barrel roll having never flown before except on a flight simulator. F15’s are scrambled and legendary audio is recorded between Beebo and air traffic control

The internet dubs him “Sky King”

The video has 3:00 of overhead but Beebo starts his taxi down the runway at this point. The background slog is worth it. Don’t be a bitch

At about 4:39 Beebo and ATC conversation gets rolling. Goosebumps

Great 1 hour podcast at the top of this Rolling Stone article
    https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...story-1187023/

Right up there with the “Barefoot Bandit”

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Premium content rep

Gordman:

gimmick:
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 06-09-2022 at 09:39 AM.

Load Metric
    Rich: "Yeah I wouldnt know how to land it, I wasnt really planning on landing it" That barrel roll was pretty crazy, I didnt think he would get so low to the ground.

I played lot of starfox and Air/Ace Combat so this warms my heart, further proving how dangerous video games are. Long live the sky king.

I was totally reminded of the angry video game nerd top gun episode, where the main conflict point was trying to land the damn plane.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: That fucking game... rep

Gordman:
    Last edited by some user; 06-09-2022 at 01:48 PM. Reason: higher quality

Load Metric
    It's great, pure fun. The script felt algorithmically structured to be neutral but so what, it's exactly as advertised.

Druff will be bothered by the inclusion of female pilots but one has some lesbian energy to make things easier for him.

Comments

Tellafriend: real life lol
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    LOL boomer cuckolds getting nostalgic for their homoerotic jingoism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    It's great, pure fun. The script felt algorithmically structured to be neutral but so what, it's exactly as advertised.

Druff will be bothered by the inclusion of female pilots but one has some lesbian energy to make things easier for him.

Name:  Screenshot_20220515-104930_Gallery.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  48.7 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric

I assumed Corden was gay but he's married with a son.
    yeah, in Hollywood, married with a son doesn't mean you are straight, just FYI.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by some user View Post
    Rich: "Yeah I wouldnt know how to land it, I wasnt really planning on landing it" That barrel roll was pretty crazy, I didnt think he would get so low to the ground.

I played lot of starfox and Air/Ace Combat so this warms my heart, further proving how dangerous video games are. Long live the sky king.

I was totally reminded of the angry video game nerd top gun episode, where the main conflict point was trying to land the damn plane.

Shit, I started watching this and suddenly I remembered... this was one of the games I had when I was a kid for my Commodore 64. I don't remember playing this very much or any good memories, which would make sense since someone reviewing it decades later even talks about how much it really sucked ass.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Richard “Beebo” Russell was a ground service operator/baggage handler at the Seattle Tacoma International Airport (Sea-Tac)

He steals a twin engine airliner and pulls off a barrel roll having never flown before except on a flight simulator. F15’s are scrambled and legendary audio is recorded between Beebo and air traffic control

The video has 3:00 of overhead but Beebo starts his taxi down the runway at this point. The background slog is worth it. Don’t be a bitch

I just watched this. Well put together by the yt channel.

I completely forgot about the news stories about this and started watching the vid without looking into it more first.

I got a little way through hoping this guy would actually land it, and then the sudden dread and realization came over me as I remembered when this happened and the outcome. Pretty fucking sad. The guy obv had no ill intent and didn't want to hurt anyone. He just needed some serious mental help and never got it. The tact from the ATC and others earned an A in my book for keeping things as calm and low key as possible; I'm struggling to find a way how anyone could have possibly handled that any better.

Load Metric
    Vic-20
    Cassette deck for memory
    300 baud modem
    wired to family TV thru antennae input

Commodore 64 was overkill

Comments

dwai: vintage computing

Load Metric

I just watched this. Well put together by the yt channel.

I completely forgot about the news stories about this and started watching the vid without looking into it more first.

I got a little way through hoping this guy would actually land it, and then the sudden dread and realization came over me as I remembered when this happened and the outcome. Pretty fucking sad. The guy obv had no ill intent and didn't want to hurt anyone. He just needed some serious mental help and never got it. The tact from the ATC and others earned an A in my book for keeping things as calm and low key as possible; I'm struggling to find a way how anyone could have possibly handled that any better.
    We missed this story in 2018 somehow.

Yeah, the ATC and F15 pilots were great. That’s what make the radio conversation so incredible. That and the fact the kid is flying a twin and doing stunts stone cold.

The Rolling Stone pod said he was a big kid and was quite the running back in high school. There was speculation that he might have had CTE issues. He got knocked out many times. However, there was no mention of any symptoms or depression. He was actually an accomplished student and college graduate. Yet he definitely “had a crew loose” as he himself admitted. Again, CTE? You just don’t feel right?

There are interviews with his wife and brother that I haven’t gotten to yet.

Glad to see some others were touched by this story too.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Vic-20
    Cassette deck for memory
    300 baud modem

THIS

I never had the cassette deck. I had a modem but only fiddled with it a little bit.

My main thing then was just playing my big collection of games which were of course stored on those 5 1/4" floppy's

Occasionally, my dad would go to these meet-ups at different peoples houses on the weekends where everyone would share and copy games, all while sharing food and drink. It didn't cost anyone anything except of course the cost of your floppys and bringing whatever appetizers you wanted to share. He brought me along to a few of them. I remember feeling like I was a kid with a blank check in a toy store while walking around and viewing everyone's massive game collections, who all happily shared anything and everything I could possibly desire.

Good times.

Comments

Sanlmar: Ask him to describe the electricity in the air at that time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Vic-20
    Cassette deck for memory
    300 baud modem

THIS

I never had the cassette deck. I had a modem but only fiddled with it a little bit.

My main thing then was just playing my big collection of games which were of course stored on those 5 1/4" floppy's

Occasionally, my dad would go to these meet-ups at different peoples houses on the weekends where everyone would share and copy games, all while sharing food and drink. It didn't cost anyone anything except of course the cost of your floppys and bringing whatever appetizers you wanted to share. He brought me along to a few of them. I remember feeling like I was a kid with a blank check in a toy store while walking around and viewing everyone's massive game collections, who all happily shared anything and everything I could possibly desire.

Good times.
    I'm sure the movie was great. And let's pretend a 5'5 scientologist homo was not involved in script etc. etc.

Trash society. Shoot shoot

Last edited by limitles; 06-10-2022 at 09:00 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Vic-20
    Cassette deck for memory
    300 baud modem

THIS

Good times.

Name:  Screenshot (44).png
Views: 284
Size:  2.3 KB

I would now, but unfortunately he passed away about 5 years ago.

No need for me to ask him though because I have a pretty decent idea. He was pretty ecstatic and so was everyone else. Everyone was very nice to each other. For lack of a more eloquent explanation, it was like good friendly neighbors sharing beers on a sunny afternoon with some vittles. No bitching or anything of that nature - that was nonexistent.

At the end of the day though, I believe he was mostly happy because he was being able to get me all of these games (especially since he wasn't exactly raking in the big bucks to be able to afford buying them outright) and he knew I was completely elated and of course appreciated the whole thing.

Comments

Sanlmar: Fathers Day rep

Load Metric
    Saw Top Gun Maverick today.

It was slow to start. Cringe & cheesy. Stupid plot.

The last third of the movie made you forget all that. Finished strong. Fantastically shot from a photography standpoint. Really well done

My wife loved it. She raved coming out of the theater. I was so surprised by her reaction. Not sure she knows there is stuff out there other than Hallmark yet she loved it.

I won’t say anything more so as not to spoil it. I was not sure at times how it might end.

Hearing “Danger Zone” by Kenny Loggins over the booming theater speaker system really smacked me upside the head with nostalgia.

See it

Comments

Gordman: Nostalgia rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Saw Top Gun Maverick today.

It was slow to start. Cringe & cheesy. Stupid plot.

The last third of the movie made you forget all that. Finished strong. Fantastically shot from a photography standpoint. Really well done

My wife loved it. She raved coming out of the theater. I was so surprised by her reaction. Not sure she knows there is stuff out there other than Hallmark yet she loved it.

I won’t say anything more so as not to spoil it. I was not sure at times how it might end.

Hearing “Danger Zone” by Kenny Loggins over the booming theater speaker system really smacked me upside the head with nostalgia.

See it

Literally everything you just said mimicked what I felt and what happened. No, really - everything...not even exaggerating.

I thought it was a little slow at first and yup there were some pretty cheesy moments going on. The plot was kind of stupid, but then again, I remembered it is just a movie and not take it too seriously.

This would probably sound pretty stupid to some, but both the opening song (by Harold Faltermeyer) and then immediately driving right into "Danger Zone" gave me an absolute chill down my spine. Probably largely due in part to the fact that I was about 10 years old when I saw the first one and it was also in the theater with the booming music.

"Nostalgia Ghost Rider, the pattern is full"

Again, the rest of the movie made me forget any little annoyances. I was pretty awestruck by the camera work. The photography was amazing, and as I said earlier, I really appreciated how they didn't use very much if any cgi.

And yes, MY wife loved it as well! Yep, I was pretty surprised. How much did she love it?

Guess what? Saturday evening she came home after dealing with some bad family issues (thankfully nothing to do with me and it was on her side of the family) and told me that she just wanted to have some alone time and was going to see a movie; I had zero problem with that and just told her to have fun - we both know each other well and I know how it feels because just I want my alone time too sometimes. Anyway, she went to see...you guessed it! For the second time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "Danger Zone" is one of the better speeding-through-the-desert songs to have on while driving between LA and Vegas

Gold
    Load Metric
    I guess i'll put it in this thread.

New and exclusive audio and video from Richard "Skyking" Russell's stolen aircraft suicide.

Just watch the first couple minutes, everything else is crap.
    Last edited by Entropy; 06-17-2022 at 04:03 PM.

Thread Information