Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Gun Maverick

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Top Gun Maverick

Has anyone seen this yet?

It has good reviews, and surprisingly there is no woke element to it. It's supposedly a patriotic film in the vein of the original. The only minor woke element is the fact that the heroes are supposed to be bombing Iran, but the country is simply referred to as "the enemy", and never named. That's dumb, but whatever. I can accept that, if it's the only example of changing something to be non-offensive in the entire film.

It has also garnered praise for making characters age-appropriate. Cruise's Maverick character is in his mid-50s, and is shown dealing with age-related issues. His new love interest, played by Jennifer Connelly, is also age appropriate for him. Obviously these two actors look great for their age, but they didn't try to pair Maverick up with some hot chick around 30, which people found to be refreshing.

Kelly McGillis, who played Cruise's love interest in the first film, was never contacted about reprising her role. That's because she left Hollywood and became a fat lesbian, and basically looks like a fat old woman at this point. In a recent interview, she admits that her looks are the reason she wasn't asked to come back, but isn't particularly bitter about it, acknowledging that her present look doesn't fit with what a movie like that would want to present.

The movie was actually made in 2019, but shelved because of COVID. It was held back until it was assumed that people were returning to theaters, and summer 2022 was believed to be that time. It should be noted that this actually makes the actors a bit younger than they actually are now, as this was filmed around 3 years ago.

Reviews state that the action scenes are exciting, and the film has gotten praise for staying away from CGI. Cruise supposedly attended 3 months of flight school in order to deliver a more realistic performance.

While Tom Cruise himself is a freak and a weird dude, it looks like he may have hit a home run with this one. I was really wondering if they were going to woke-ify Top Gun when I heard about this remake, but I'm glad to hear that they didn't.

Opinions of the film from those who have seen it?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    By the way, Kelly McGillis was a curious choice as Maverick's love interest in the first place.

While she was pretty at the time, she's also 5'10". Cruise is several inches shorter than that. His real height isn't known. It's listed as 5'7", but some believe he could be as short as 5'4". Usually they will not pair tall actresses with short men, unless it's part of a gimmick where that's worked into the plot. As many male actors are short, this actually makes it difficult for tall female actresses to get cast in leading roles sometimes. Some action stars are tall, but Cruise definitely isn't one of them.

I don't remember how they handled this in Top Gun. Were they ever standing right next to each other on flat ground?

Load Metric
    Haven't seen it. I am sure I will catch it at some point. Kelly McGillis was the victim of a horrible, stranger rape where they kicked in her door, repeatedly raped and beat her. and left her for dead. New York during the really violent years. She was a kid who was beautiful and grew up in Newport Beach and was naive and new in the city. It fucked her up. She was on drugs during her entire run, finally ending up sober around 2010. They caught the perps. Two very young assholes.

Just a little context to the fat lesbian angle. I can't much blame her for letting herself go and preferring to not be around men given the damage they clearly did to her.

Load Metric
    LOL boomer cuckolds getting nostalgic for their homoerotic jingoism.

Comments

dwai: lol
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I just saw Matrix Resurrections a couple days ago. Complete wokeastrophe. They made Neo (and every other male character) complete pussies, and all the strong characters LGBTQIA+ looking WOC. And the story itself sucked on top. Complete garbage.

Give me nostalgic homoerotic jingoism any day of the week over most of the garbage Hollywood is churning out today.

Comments

Baron Von Strucker: yuup

Gold
    Load Metric
    I'm not going to watch, the plot is to unrealistic. Everyone knows Iran completely abandoned their nuclear weapons program years and years ago, this has been verified by international inspectors countless times.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Has anyone seen this yet?

It has good reviews, and surprisingly there is no woke element to it. It's supposedly a patriotic film in the vein of the original. The only minor woke element is the fact that the heroes are supposed to be bombing Iran, but the country is simply referred to as "the enemy", and never named. That's dumb, but whatever. I can accept that, if it's the only example of changing something to be non-offensive in the entire film.

It has also garnered praise for making characters age-appropriate. Cruise's Maverick character is in his mid-50s, and is shown dealing with age-related issues. His new love interest, played by Jennifer Connelly, is also age appropriate for him. Obviously these two actors look great for their age, but they didn't try to pair Maverick up with some hot chick around 30, which people found to be refreshing.

Kelly McGillis, who played Cruise's love interest in the first film, was never contacted about reprising her role. That's because she left Hollywood and became a fat lesbian, and basically looks like a fat old woman at this point. In a recent interview, she admits that her looks are the reason she wasn't asked to come back, but isn't particularly bitter about it, acknowledging that her present look doesn't fit with what a movie like that would want to present.

The movie was actually made in 2019, but shelved because of COVID. It was held back until it was assumed that people were returning to theaters, and summer 2022 was believed to be that time. It should be noted that this actually makes the actors a bit younger than they actually are now, as this was filmed around 3 years ago.

Reviews state that the action scenes are exciting, and the film has gotten praise for staying away from CGI. Cruise supposedly attended 3 months of flight school in order to deliver a more realistic performance.

While Tom Cruise himself is a freak and a weird dude, it looks like he may have hit a home run with this one. I was really wondering if they were going to woke-ify Top Gun when I heard about this remake, but I'm glad to hear that they didn't.

Opinions of the film from those who have seen it?
    Tom Cruise is a hard-core Scientologist , and despite being in Hollywood, Scientologists are overwhelming far right. They micro manage every facet of his life including the behind the scenes of this film. If you think about, Tom Cruise has never done a film that was "Left" leaning and this is why. You also see him doing a number of Sci Fi movies (and while good), you wouldn't think it would be something he would be doing. Again, Scientology influence. Edge of Tom tomorrow for example.
    Last edited by igotnotoe; 05-29-2022 at 07:53 AM.
    "It just goes to show the kind of person you are , I got no toe"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    I just saw Matrix Resurrections a couple days ago. Complete wokeastrophe. They made Neo (and every other male character) complete pussies, and all the strong characters LGBTQIA+ looking WOC. And the story itself sucked on top. Complete garbage.

Give me nostalgic homoerotic jingoism any day of the week over most of the garbage Hollywood is churning out today.
    So much woke garbage in this movie being thrust down our throats on a great movie franchise ruined with bad actors who fit the woke criteria. the more we are forced to swallow this shit the worse it tastes, half my news feed is this kind of garbage to a point where i don't check it very often. at some point somethings got to give where these pile of shit woke movies drive production companies out as no one is watching them.
    Best part of all of this is watching some one stand up to them and watching the stunned look on there stupid faces.

hilarious gold here... Chet Hanks my new hero.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

The original Matrix is about transgenderism so get outraged.

I watched the original Top Gun last night for the first time in my life.

Fun movie but very gay. Can see why all of the conservatives in my life love that film, spoon fed patriotism and latent homosexuality.

100% one of mickeycrimms favorites.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Fun movie but very gay. Can see why all of the conservatives in my life love that film, spoon fed patriotism and latent homosexuality.

some shirtless, buttered up hot guys high-fiveing and chest bumping Shirley doesn't mean they're homos. does it?...

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Liked it, will see new one in IMAX
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Gold
    Load Metric

Nah. The first Matrix was an interesting, thought provoking post-apocalyptic sci-fi movie with great special effects (for its time). Was there some progressive themes intertwined in the story? Sure, but most sci fi does. That is fine.

This last Matrix I can't even really think of what the point is, other than LGBTQIA+ women = good; straight men = bad. I'll take some good, old-fashioned homo-erotic fun anytime over that.

Load Metric

Nah. The first Matrix was an interesting, thought provoking post-apocalyptic sci-fi movie with great special effects (for its time). Was there some progressive themes intertwined in the story? Sure, but most sci fi does. That is fine.

This last Matrix I can't even really think of what the point is, other than LGBTQIA+ women = good; straight men = bad. I'll take some good, old-fashioned homo-erotic fun anytime over that.
    The co-directors went from the Wachowski Brothers to the Wachowski sisters.

Sorry brother, the red pill literally means growing tits and a cooch. Enjoy your woke sci-fi.

Gold
    Load Metric

The co-directors went from the Wachowski Brothers to the Wachowski sisters.

Sorry brother, the red pill literally means growing tits and a cooch. Enjoy your woke sci-fi.
    I was as big a sci fi fan as there is, and now most of it really is unwatchable. There is actually this Netflix cartoon series called Love, Death and Robots that is a bunch of short stand alone sci fi episodes. Season 1 was made just before #MeToo and it is actually very good. Seasons 2 and 3 have some decent episodes, but you can definitely see the drop-off from going woke. It is what it is.

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The original Matrix was a very unique and well made film.

The two sequels were garbage, and I'm hearing the same about Resurrections. The common belief was that the Wachowski brothers were too focused upon becoming trans women (with one of them oddly under the control of a dominatrix), and it distracted them from making good sequels. The latest failfilm was probably just your typical situation where the writers are older/rusty and don't "have it" anymore.

The two Matrix sequels simply weren't good movies. I didn't even bother to see Resurrections. I remember walking out after the end of the original, with my late 1990s girlfriend, and we both remarked that we loved it.

Comments

Sloppy Joe:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    First movie at the theatre that put me to sleep was the second matrix….never even attempted to see the 3rd.

In my defense, I had played in the company golf tourney that day and it was hot AF and I drank about 10 beers.

But that movie was shit.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: First movie I ever shnoozed thru was Speed 2

Load Metric

The two sequels were garbage, and I'm hearing the same about Resurrections. The common belief was that the Wachowski brothers were too focused upon becoming trans women (with one of them oddly under the control of a dominatrix), and it distracted them from making good sequels. The latest failfilm was probably just your typical situation where the writers are older/rusty and don't "have it" anymore.

The two Matrix sequels simply weren't good movies. I didn't even bother to see Resurrections. I remember walking out after the end of the original, with my late 1990s girlfriend, and we both remarked that we loved it.
    Completely agree.

The first was probably at the top.of my 'wtf you never saw this' list until this year, it's incredible.

Then watched Reloaded, complete garbage. Didn't bother with the third or the newest one.

Load Metric

Completely agree.

The first was probably at the top.of my 'wtf you never saw this' list until this year, it's incredible.

Then watched Reloaded, complete garbage. Didn't bother with the third or the newest one.
    Wtf, you hadn't seen either Top Gun or Matrix til this year?!?!

Im not sure I have a list like that....theres popular stuff I have no interest in, like the Marvel universe or, on the other end, any movie made before say 1965.

EDIT: I guess I never saw Avatar and would be open to watching that, and it seems like most people have seen it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

Completely agree.

Wtf, you hadn't seen either Top Gun or Matrix til this year?!?!

Im not sure I have a list like that....theres popular stuff I have no interest in, like the Marvel universe or, on the other end, any movie made before say 1965.

EDIT: I guess I never saw Avatar and would be open to watching that, and it seems like most people have seen it.
    Yeah, I probably watched less than average movies until my late 20's; now I'm obsessive but still have blind spots.

Forrest Gump probably top of the list now for people my age.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Just watched it yesterday with my family

It pains me to say some of this, given Tom Cruises dark history with Scientology, but im going to put that to the side and focus on the movie itself.

Honestly, I thought it was pretty damn good.

It was a nice sequel to the first one that I originally viewed when I was about 10 years old. There was a good nostalgic aspect in the movie for me and others who saw the first one in the 80's

I can see why Cruise and company didn't want this movie to go streaming right away, but only in a theater - IMHO the theater is the only way to watch this, especially if you're watching it for the first time.

I appreciated the fact that overall, the planes were real and the stunts were real, and there was very little cgi.

Would recommend.

Thread Information