Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blast from the past

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deal View Post
    OP is Mark "PokerH0" Kroon?

I was going through a shortlist in my head of those who won a ton of those. That was certainly one of the guys I recall,(pokerho, krazykanuck, jcksup, pokerpro1234, legggggy, I am probably misspelling some of these names) but I don't recall him as a limit player It's entirely possible as everyone played at least some limit at that time and I simply forget. I killed those Aruba sats also, probably the most single profitable thing I ever encountered besides the heads up sit-n-goes. I was thinking 2004 was the year where you had to keep one, and then any following wins you could cash in, but it sounds like my memory might be off. I remember winning a number of Aruba trips and I was going to have to eat one. IIRC, I had to get something from a doctor showing I was ill and they allowed me to opt out or something along those lines. Those years are fuzzy. I think in '01, and '02 it was a smaller tournament with a 5k buy in before it was raised.

The poster said lurker, if he said infrequent poster, I was going to say topset72? or something along those lines. I don't remember him from the tournaments, but I know he played limit quite a bit back in that era and was on NWP. I don't know if he made an account here.

edit-reread op, and see he was more of a nl player who just occasionally played limit, that described a lot of those good tourney players. I particularly recall stuckinpgh killing me a few times when I made that move after a good score. I always remembered the name because I lived in Pittsburgh, and then eventually became familiar with Reggi on the sites
    topset72 is on this site

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Honestly, its very unlikely that you would recognize my name (real or screen name). By the time that I started playing online I was already in my 30's and had been involved in my career for some time. Thus, I was not really a "grinder" but was someone who only played at night and on weekends. Once I started to have kids my poker "career" was pretty much over. 2006 was the last time that I played seriously. In fact, when I went to PCA that year my wife was 8 months pregnant.

I only cashed in one wpt main event - the rest of my wpt cashes were in side events and those didnt seem to make it on cardplayer or hendon player databases at the time. Thus, I was, and remain, an unknown (rightfully so as I never had a score bigger than 5 figures - and only one of those)
    Seemingly the Johnny Hughes of PFA

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by old time lurker View Post
    Honestly, its very unlikely that you would recognize my name (real or screen name). By the time that I started playing online I was already in my 30's and had been involved in my career for some time. Thus, I was not really a "grinder" but was someone who only played at night and on weekends. Once I started to have kids my poker "career" was pretty much i'm. 2006 was the last time that I played seriously. In fact, when I went to PCA that year my wife was 8 months pregnant.

I only cashed in one wpt main event - the rest of my wpt cashes were in side events and those didnt seem to make it on cardplayer or hendon player databases at the time. Thus, I was, and remain, an unknown (rightfully so as I never had a score bigger than 5 figures - and only one of those)
    Did you play an ept event in France?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    No, I played in the Aruba Classic twice, the PCA twice and a couple of times at the WSOP (all via sats won online). To give you an idea of the state of online poker when I started the Stars Sunday Tourney (wasn't the Sunday Million yet) would average like 300 - 600 entrants.
    Seemingly the Johnny Hughes of PFA

Thread Information