Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Uvalde shooting

Load Metric
    Gun violence is rampant in the NYC. They need to reinstitute frisk and search which was effective back in the day. On the fence if AKs should just be banned.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Devidee, your fake stories and made up numbers were mildly amusing when you were mostly sticking to the COVID thread, but now you're not funny any more.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    Bilbodoggins: Using this tragedy as a springboard for one of your political rants is truly disgraceful

OH THE IRONING.

TELL THAT TO THE WHOLE ENTIRE LEFT.
    LOL! I haven't ironed anything in 30 years. Aside from that, I don't even understand what you're trying to say...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The day BEFORE the Uvalde shooting, a weirdo in Santa Ana, California ran over three children, after first being denied access to the school campus "to use the bathroom" (obviously a poorly-conceived lie).

There was some kind of bomb-like device found in his car, as well. He ended up stabbing himself in the stomach after fleeing.

Fortunately none of the kids died. He wasn't local to the area. He lived about 80 miles away, in Valencia. Not a single gun was involved.

The left's rhetoric about gun control is feelgood nonsense. It will not stop killings at schools, especially by adults. If someone wants to commit mass murder, they can, especially if they have a vehicle. In many of these cases, it's a longstanding plan to kill.

As I said in the OP, I'd have no problem with some common sense gun reform, provided it did not set a precedent that we need ongoing gun reform in the US. I don't want to see a new gun law every time a psycho commits a mass killing in the US.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the Columbine killings of the late '90s started a trend where some psychos (both students and young adults) want to go after schools. Prior to that, it wasn't happening. I think the mass news coverage of these events is appealing to these guys. It's something we can't ever reverse.

There does need to be a better law enforcement response to matters like these. This is the second major school shooting where police were refusing to do their jobs (the other being Parkland).

Other than that, unfortunately there is no great solution here. The left believes we can just institute background checks and ban AR-15 sales, and magically the problem will go away. Not how it works.

Comments

The Boz: Will always be a market for illegal items and those that want to find them will.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The day BEFORE the Uvalde shooting, a weirdo in Santa Ana, California ran over three children, after first being denied access to the school campus "to use the bathroom" (obviously a poorly-conceived lie).

There was some kind of bomb-like device found in his car, as well. He ended up stabbing himself in the stomach after fleeing.

Fortunately none of the kids died. He wasn't local to the area. He lived about 80 miles away, in Valencia. Not a single gun was involved.

The left's rhetoric about gun control is feelgood nonsense. It will not stop killings at schools, especially by adults. If someone wants to commit mass murder, they can, especially if they have a vehicle. In many of these cases, it's a longstanding plan to kill.

As I said in the OP, I'd have no problem with some common sense gun reform, provided it did not set a precedent that we need ongoing gun reform in the US. I don't want to see a new gun law every time a psycho commits a mass killing in the US.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, the Columbine killings of the late '90s started a trend where some psychos (both students and young adults) want to go after schools. Prior to that, it wasn't happening. I think the mass news coverage of these events is appealing to these guys. It's something we can't ever reverse.

There does need to be a better law enforcement response to matters like these. This is the second major school shooting where police were refusing to do their jobs (the other being Parkland).

Other than that, unfortunately there is no great solution here. The left believes we can just institute background checks and ban AR-15 sales, and magically the problem will go away. Not how it works.
    Name:  8E3534C6-2D25-45FF-9C49-2EDB18214F0D.gif
Views: 405
Size:  2.26 MB

Load Metric
    'Whuddabout cars' is your typical bad faith argument that comes from non-serious people.

Some basic reform would be nice but won't happen. We're governed by cowards who are in the pockets of lobbyists.

I'm guessing that some basic screening/common sense requirements/background checks would prevent cognitively impaired 18 year old incels from obtaining weapons of war and massacring people in a closed space but muh freedoms.

The occasional mass slaughter of schoolchildren comes with the territory, plus whuddabout Chicago? Maybe we just need God back in schools and present fathers. The trusty 'armed guard' canard isn't really holding up anymore.

It's a uniquely American problem with the differing variable being easy access to high powered assault weapons. We've all just accepted it at this point because it's been normalized.

It won't stop. Hits harder now that I'm a parent and send a kid to day care five days a week.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Gun violence is rampant in the NYC. They need to reinstitute frisk and search which was effective back in the day. On the fence if AKs should just be banned.
    6:55 NYC stats on violent crime.

I'll tell you why this is happening, diversity!
    It doesn't work., it's never worked one time.

Comments

Tellafriend: but the mantra is that it is our strength

Silver
    Load Metric
    21 and to buy a gun, handgun or long gun, seems like the best policy.

FL changed their law after Parkland.

In many states, it already is that way, and I'm OK with lettings states decide for themselves.

Might stop a few of these guys, but really though, a guy as motivated as this guy, would have found a way.

Parents, teachers, gun shops, and most importantly, law enforcement and the fucking FBI need to stop ignoring red flags.

9 times out of 10 these guys are / were on their radar.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    21 and to buy a gun, handgun or long gun, seems like the best policy.

FL changed their law after Parkland.

In many states, it already is that way, and I'm OK with lettings states decide for themselves.

Might stop a few of these guys, but really though, a guy as motivated as this guy, would have found a way.

Parents, teachers, gun shops, and most importantly, law enforcement and the fucking FBI need to stop ignoring red flags.

9 times out of 10 these guys are / were on their radar.
    That's why we have laws though, nobody thinks mass killings are just going to stop.

I had to take an 8 hour course last summer in order to get licensed to drive jet skis, despite having legally done so for the prior 20 years.

It's ludicrous that an 18 year old can get a gun straight up with no background check or training.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    'Whuddabout cars' is your typical bad faith argument that comes from non-serious people.

Some basic reform would be nice but won't happen. We're governed by cowards who are in the pockets of lobbyists.

I'm guessing that some basic screening/common sense requirements/background checks would prevent cognitively impaired 18 year old incels from obtaining weapons of war and massacring people in a closed space but muh freedoms.

The occasional mass slaughter of schoolchildren comes with the territory, plus whuddabout Chicago? Maybe we just need God back in schools and present fathers. The trusty 'armed guard' canard isn't really holding up anymore.

It's a uniquely American problem with the differing variable being easy access to high powered assault weapons. We've all just accepted it at this point because it's been normalized.

It won't stop. Hits harder now that I'm a parent and send a kid to day care five days a week.
    I am also a parent with kids in school, who has a mild concern about this. (I say "mild" because the chance of your kid dying this way is very very small, with accidental death being a tremendously greater risk.)

The differing variable is not just "high powered assault weapons". There were just about zero attacks like this prior to the late 1990s Columbine murders. You may not remember those days well because you're like 15 years younger than me. When I was in school (even high school), I didn't hear of a single spree killing in any school in the US.

The US is a violent place. Always has been, always will be. It had violent beginnings, and it never really shook that from its culture. It will always be the most violent of the first world countries -- at least for as long as any of us are alive.

Getting something done is a cooperative effort. Is the left ready to openly commit to stop further gun control actions if they get some reform here? I doubt it.

One side effect of allowing gun purchases in a (somewhat violent) country of 330+ million is that some of those guns will be used to commit murders and spree killings. However, once those guns are in society, it's nice for law abiding citizens to have their own. We learned that 2 years ago.

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20220526-230649_Gallery.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  221.1 KB

Comments

Tellafriend: real life lol

splitthis: Hit it out of the park

anonamoose: your little pew pew stick isn't going to save you from an unmanned drone spraying civilians down. shut it down spaz

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

I am also a parent with kids in school, who has a mild concern about this. (I say "mild" because the chance of your kid dying this way is very very small, with accidental death being a tremendously greater risk.)

The differing variable is not just "high powered assault weapons". There were just about zero attacks like this prior to the late 1990s Columbine murders. You may not remember those days well because you're like 15 years younger than me. When I was in school (even high school), I didn't hear of a single spree killing in any school in the US.

The US is a violent place. Always has been, always will be. It had violent beginnings, and it never really shook that from its culture. It will always be the most violent of the first world countries -- at least for as long as any of us are alive.

Getting something done is a cooperative effort. Is the left ready to openly commit to stop further gun control actions if they get some reform here? I doubt it.

One side effect of allowing gun purchases in a (somewhat violent) country of 330+ million is that some of those guns will be used to commit murders and spree killings. However, once those guns are in society, it's nice for law abiding citizens to have their own. We learned that 2 years ago.
    I mostly agree with all of that; I think law abiding citizens should have access to just about everything. I don't see why one can buy a gun without a license/background check/training like is required to drive a car but am open to arguments against.

I think age 18 should be revisited. You can't even legally buy cigarettes/booze until you're 21, rent a car until 25, etc.

It frustrates me that nothing will happen, but I still choose to live here. Wish there was an answer but fear we've been complicit too long.

Just think the state of our country is sad and embarrassing and want it to be better. The response cycle to these things is shameful.

Hits harder as a parent.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Dems will do some meaningless legislating, Joe Biden will do some Obamaesque Executive Orders.

There are already over 20 million AR15s in the USA…so outlaw the sale of them…what is the govt going to do…make them illegal and buy them back?

Now you can go after the 72 million handguns.

All lip service to rile up your base for votes on both sides of the aisle.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Yep. Shithole country

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Dems will do some meaningless legislating, Joe Biden will do some Obamaesque Executive Orders.

There are already over 20 million AR15s in the USA…so outlaw the sale of them…what is the govt going to do…make them illegal and buy them back?

Now you can go after the 72 million handguns.

All lip service to rile up your base for votes on both sides of the aisle.
    Gun stocks love gun control talk. Pelosi rang her broker immediately and went long SWBI calls.

Name:  6C0A0409-3A62-4655-AFBC-30EB5D7EB21C.jpeg
Views: 291
Size:  138.9 KB

Maybe you get individual states to act. I suppose that is how it’s supposed to be

Load Metric
    Apparently, the shooter was arrested four years ago for planning to shoot up a school.

Yeahhhh, the MK ultra program never ended.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Apparently, the shooter was arrested four years ago for planning to shoot up a school.

perhaps another midnight basketball program to dissuade or youth from mass killings is in order.

Load Metric
    The White House refused to call for an investigation into the police response to the school shooting in Uvalde, Texas, saying President @JoeBiden "has the utmost respect for the men and women of law enforcement."

Yeaaahhhhh…..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

UPDATE: Two kids were arrested four years ago for shooting plot but the shooter was not one of them.

Load Metric
    If we just banned assault rifles, no one will be able to find a way to get them.

Worked like a charm with cocaine.

Comments

Dive_Bar_Dave: You are the dumbest human on the planet

Thread Information