Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Uvalde shooting

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Break Even View Post
    There is no reason to allow an 18 year old kid to buy an assault rifle on his birthday.....full stop. The slippery slope argument is ridiculous. Comparing an AR-15 assault rifle to a hand gun is like comparing a tank to a pea shooter.
    Define "Assault Rifle"

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Regarding mass school shootings when I was a student, let's look at the link you posted.

I entered elementary school in September 1977, and graduated high school in June 1990 -- 13 school years.

Let's look at the school shootings in that time period which resulted in more than 2 deaths and/or 8 injuries:

- January 29, 1979, San Diego, 2 dead, 9 injured. A 16-year-old female shooter opened fire on an elementary school from across the street.

- February 1984, Los Angeles, 3 dead, 12 injured. A shooter was firing at students leaving school (so this technically wasn't a shooting at school, but we will ignore that), and then shot himself dead.

- November 1985, Spanaway, WA, 3 dead, 0 injured. A crazy 14-year-old chick killed her ex-boyfriend and his buddy, and then killed herself. Doesn't count as a mass shooting, as this was a targeted murder.

- September 1988, Greenwood, SC, 2 dead, 9 injured. A 19-year-old entered an elementary school and started firing.

- January 1989, Stockton, CA, 6 dead, 32 injured. A 24-year-old man with a history of violence went into an elementary school and started firing, before killing himself.

Taking away the 1985 incident (which wasn't a mass shooting, as I stated), there were only 4 school shootings with more than 2 deaths or 8 injuries, across the entire US during my 13 years in school.

It should also be pointed out that the criminal incident causing the most injury in schools during those years didn't involve shooting -- it involved a bomb. In 1986, in Wyoming, a middle-aged couple took an elementary school hostage, and brought a bomb with them. The wife accidentally detonated the bomb, injuring herself and 73 students! The husband then shot her dead, shot an wounded a teacher, and shot himself dead. The bomb was obviously the thing doing the real damage here -- far more than the gun violence at the end (where only one was injured besides the two perpetrators).

These killers put time and planning into their crimes. If they can't do it with a gun, they will find some other way.
    Re: your last point, why are hand grenades illegal?
    Dumber than I had imagined.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Out of curiosity, did Europe do anything after those truck attacks where some radical would plow through a large crowd. Haven’t heard of any of those in several years.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Did some retard actually say the shooter was probably gay and/or trans?

Can that person back that up with any evidence whatsoever?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jdaewoo View Post
    Did some retard actually say the shooter was probably gay and/or trans?

Can that person back that up with any evidence whatsoever?
    Was Druff just regurgitating conservative agitprop, per usual.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    YA I THINK TODD FELL FOR THE FLORIDA PHOTO.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    There is no reason to allow an 18 year old kid to buy an assault rifle on his birthday.....full stop. The slippery slope argument is ridiculous. Comparing an AR-15 assault rifle to a hand gun is like comparing a tank to a pea shooter.
    Define "Assault Rifle"
    The AR-15 assault rifle (and variations of it) have been the weapon of choice for many of these shootings. There's your definition, watch this video:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post

Which photo did I fall for?

Load Metric
    Uvalde PD and school district now refusing to cooperate with authorities investigating the shootings.

Totally normal, you guys.

Comments

The Boz: Yep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Uvalde PD and school district now refusing to cooperate with authorities investigating the shootings.

Totally normal, you guys.

absolute lock that they ruby ridged a bunch of kids.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

Define "Assault Rifle"
    The AR-15 assault rifle (and variations of it) have been the weapon of choice for many of these shootings. There's your definition, watch this video:

civil co-liability for gun makers/distributors for deadly crimes commited using their products would incentivize participants in the gun market to properly vet potential customers for their likelihood to commit or enable others to commit such heinous crimes.

#GunViolenceAccountability
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Gold
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/LifeIndiscreet/status/1530579942651600896

There's no counter argument, our gun laws are insane.

Comments

Sanlmar: My guy

Jayjami: Spot on

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    https://twitter.com/LifeIndiscreet/status/1530579942651600896

There's no counter argument, our gun laws are insane.
    His feelings align with my own.

We are America though. Little more violent. A little more lawless. In the past that was our advantage. Times have changed.

The best you can hope today is for solutions by state. It is what it is.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post

Which photo did I fall for?

THE PHOTO THAT STARTED THE WHOLE GAY/TRANS MEME. AKA THE PHOTO OF THE ZI/ZER/ZEM FROM FLORIDA PASSED OFF AS TEXAS SHOOTER.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    I heard there was another shooting. Looked at CNN. Only 3 dead, so on the side scroll. 3 isn’t worth breaking news. You need to pile up some serious bodies at this point to get top of page status.

Noticed an article about Florida law. I don’t have much nice to say about Florida Republicans, but this seems like an excellent piece of legislation. Kind of what I was hoping for in other thread, just common sense shit where you take guns away from mentally unstable people based on easy calls. Judges simply reviewing shit and saying we don’t need this person having a gun.

I’d like to see exactly this expanded. I was unaware this was passed after Parkland shooting.

Let the GOP do it as they seem to have crafted an excellent starting point law. and less fear of an overreach.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/01/polit...law/index.html

Load Metric
    51 people shot and 9 killed over the weekend in Chicago.

Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the nation.

Obviously, we need more gun laws.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I brought up something in similar, in response to a poker player's "Republicans don't care about gun deaths" post.

I pointed out that only a tiny percentage of gun crimes (and murders) in the US are via spree killings or assault rifles. I then asked for everyone in the thread to pledge that they support longer sentencing for anyone caught committing a crime with a gun.

The lefties on the page were mostly afraid to state this, and instead kept going to "but whuddabout assault rifles" or "longer sentences don't bring down crime". One genius even stated that our justice system shouldn't be punitive, only rehabilitative (lol).

Democrats are not serious about bringing down gun violence. They repeatedly oppose tougher punishment for violent crime.

Load Metric

I brought up something in similar, in response to a poker player's "Republicans don't care about gun deaths" post.

I pointed out that only a tiny percentage of gun crimes (and murders) in the US are via spree killings or assault rifles. I then asked for everyone in the thread to pledge that they support longer sentencing for anyone caught committing a crime with a gun.

The lefties on the page were mostly afraid to state this, and instead kept going to "but whuddabout assault rifles" or "longer sentences don't bring down crime". One genius even stated that our justice system shouldn't be punitive, only rehabilitative (lol).

Democrats are not serious about bringing down gun violence. They repeatedly oppose tougher punishment for violent crime.
    Whuddabout Chicago, says clown man

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Sorry that your party keeps pushing woke DAs who release basically everyone back on the street, and big US cities (including yours) are becoming major shitholes.

But I'm glad that your woke buddies are on the assault rifles matter. When we reduce the 0.2% of murders committed with them, it should be safe to walk the streets again.

Enjoy Portland.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Sorry that your party keeps pushing woke DAs who release basically everyone back on the street, and big US cities (including yours) are becoming major shitholes.

But I'm glad that your woke buddies are on the assault rifles matter. When we reduce the 0.2% of murders committed with them, it should be safe to walk the streets again.

Enjoy Portland.
    How is anyone that connected to mass shootings, clown faggot?

Not good for you if hospitals are getting targeted.

Thread Information