Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Uvalde shooting

Load Metric
    Oh, and for the why does this only happen in the US argument; the US doesn’t even crack the top ten of western nations:

Average (Mean) Annual Death Rate per Million People from Mass Public Shootings (U.S., Canada, and Europe)

Norway — 1.888
    Serbia — 0.381
    France — 0.347
    Macedonia — 0.337
    Albania — 0.206
    Slovakia — 0.185
    Switzerland — 0.142
    Finland — 0.132
    Belgium — 0.128
    Czech Republic — 0.123
    United States — 0.089
    Austria — 0.068
    Netherlands — 0.051
    Canada — 0.032
    England — 0.027
    Germany — 0.023
    Russia — 0.012
    Italy — 0.009

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Jimmy, my counter to your "why does this only happen in America" argument:

Why didn't this happen prior to the late 1990s?

There were already a shitload of guns in the country at that point. Why didn't I have to worry about mass shootings in school when I was there in the 1980s?

Devidee is raising some good points here. What solution do you propose to make the problem go away?
    Good points? Please. The need for semi automatic weapons as a form of self defence is ludicrous as is their use in hunting.

The lack of regulations aimed at owning semi-automatic AR-15 type weapons is your problem.
    I never made that argument.

I simply asked what is the solution for the already legally owned guns in the US? Guns that outnumber people.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

Good points? Please. The need for semi automatic weapons as a form of self defence is ludicrous as is their use in hunting.

The lack of regulations aimed at owning semi-automatic AR-15 type weapons is your problem.

I simply asked what is the solution for the already legally owned guns in the US? Guns that outnumber people.
    The immediate argument is not to disarm all you frightened people. It is to take a step in the right direction and
    restrict, through tight regulations, the common denominator in the mass shooting fad, which is the semi automatic rifle.

Try it and see who is negatively affected.

Load Metric

The immediate argument is not to disarm all you frightened people. It is to take a step in the right direction and
    restrict, through tight regulations, the common denominator in the mass shooting fad, which is the semi automatic rifle.

Ok. And there are around 25 million legally owned AR15s in the US today. Not to mention the millions of other rifles. How do you address that problem?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Ok. And there are around 25 million legally owned AR15s in the US today. Not to mention the millions of other rifles. How do you address that problem?
    A) Begin with strict legal requirments for new owners.
    B) Enact legislation requiring all current owners to register.
    C) Enact legislation levying severe penalties for unregistered ownership.

They can follow the guidelines and penalties used in the War on Drugs effort.

Load Metric

And when they don’t? How would you know who even owns a gun?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

And when they don’t? How would you know who even owns a gun?
    Paid informants as in muh Russia, obv.

The availability of these weapons is the problem. Much like the drug culture you need dealers. Gun dealers are
    legally selling their killing machines as if they were sofas.

Also, who do you think you're kidding?

Name:  Odd one out.png
Views: 400
Size:  76.1 KB

Comments

devidee: I thought we were discussing mass shootings.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

log off moron

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: take another drink

Gold
    Load Metric
    It was nice to see Beto Orourke get his shit pushed in. You just know he thought he was going to give a historic speech like Obama's convention speech. Nope those Sheriff's shut his ass down haha.

Don't tell the white people but there's been a major overhaul to the asylum seeking process. To make a long story short, the border is officially open, i like how they're claiming it will lead to faster deportations.
    The truth is they're going to be waving in people from the third world as fast as humanly possible, the flood gates are open.

If Africa gets hit by these grain shortages you just know we'll relocate half the continent here, i'm not saying that's the plan or anything but it will be just in time for the streamlined asylum process haha.
    Last edited by Entropy; 05-28-2022 at 04:27 AM.

Load Metric
    Lets get back to the important topic(s). Should schools have sex education? LOL NO! That leads to nothing but (checks notes) wokeness and wanting to turn cherished bathrooms into multi-gendered free for alls.

However mass shooter drills are super duper important, no not just because companies like ALICE are highly profitable, its about education! Sure it can be very traumatic to play dead, have all kinds of noise and sirens going off while telling children to just be quiet and hide. Or to have a peer outside of a locked door but not let them in, potentially leaving them to *die*, but its all educational.

Have you heard about bulletproof backpacks?? If we reduce school gun violence who is gonna want to purchase such a useful item? I swear all these liberals wanna do is let hard working companies go out of business.

Load Metric

There were already a shitload of guns in the country at that point. Why didn't I have to worry about mass shootings in school when I was there in the 1980s?

Devidee is raising some good points here. What solution do you propose to make the problem go away?
    I didn't see it so it must not have happened:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._(before_2000)

Druff stop it with this tin foil hat crap. You're trying to turn a bunch of kids dying into a left vs right thing when it was never that. It's about guns. It was never about race at any shooting, it was about guns. Just because you think the left hates your pew pew sticks and the right is "good guys with guns", doesn't make this political. It's a gun problem. Also you're using the damn car argument, which gets shut down in any debate where the average iq is above 50.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Red face

Many Americans are quick to proclaim the "slippery slope" theory regarding gun control in the face of another societal catastrophe.

The idea that elected officials could possibly tread on constitutional rights is somehow abhorrent to some. These constitutional rights, which some hold so dear, were drafted in the times of the Salem witch trials.

The constitutional rights allowing the right to bear arms somehow do not translate to the right to ingest certain plants, nor the right to ignore income tax.

Any arguments pro the right to bear weapons of mass destruction, are myopic and hypocritical.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

Druff stop it with this tin foil hat crap. You're trying to turn a bunch of kids dying into a left vs right thing when it was never that. It's about guns. It was never about race at any shooting, it was about guns. Just because you think the left hates your pew pew sticks and the right is "good guys with guns", doesn't make this political. It's a gun problem. Also you're using the damn car argument, which gets shut down in any debate where the average iq is above 50.
    How is the car argument "shut down"? I'm not talking about car accident deaths versus shooting deaths. I'm saying that someone who wants to kill multiple children (or adults, for that matter) can use their car to do so. We've seen several examples of this over the last few years, especially in countries where there is gun control.

You say "it's about guns". Okay, what's your solution? And since the solution is supposedly coming from the left, how can the right trust that any concessions on their part won't lead to idiotic further gun control laws down the line?

Remember, for a few years (recently) in California, it was illegal to own a handgun with more than 10 rounds. That's the type of dumb shit this will evolve into if we let the left steer the gun control ship.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by anonamoose View Post

How is the car argument "shut down"? I'm not talking about car accident deaths versus shooting deaths. I'm saying that someone who wants to kill multiple children (or adults, for that matter) can use their car to do so. We've seen several examples of this over the last few years, especially in countries where there is gun control.

You say "it's about guns". Okay, what's your solution? And since the solution is supposedly coming from the left, how can the right trust that any concessions on their part won't lead to idiotic further gun control laws down the line?

Remember, for a few years (recently) in California, it was illegal to own a handgun with more than 10 rounds. That's the type of dumb shit this will evolve into if we let the left steer the gun control ship.
    This is truly idiotic thinking. To be so politically consumed is an illness or a mental defect.
    The solution starts with the first step as is the case with every endeavour. To proclaim the goal is unattainable is defeatist and unacceptable.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding mass school shootings when I was a student, let's look at the link you posted.

I entered elementary school in September 1977, and graduated high school in June 1990 -- 13 school years.

Let's look at the school shootings in that time period which resulted in more than 2 deaths and/or 8 injuries:

- January 29, 1979, San Diego, 2 dead, 9 injured. A 16-year-old female shooter opened fire on an elementary school from across the street.

- February 1984, Los Angeles, 3 dead, 12 injured. A shooter was firing at students leaving school (so this technically wasn't a shooting at school, but we will ignore that), and then shot himself dead.

- November 1985, Spanaway, WA, 3 dead, 0 injured. A crazy 14-year-old chick killed her ex-boyfriend and his buddy, and then killed herself. Doesn't count as a mass shooting, as this was a targeted murder.

- September 1988, Greenwood, SC, 2 dead, 9 injured. A 19-year-old entered an elementary school and started firing.

- January 1989, Stockton, CA, 6 dead, 32 injured. A 24-year-old man with a history of violence went into an elementary school and started firing, before killing himself.

Taking away the 1985 incident (which wasn't a mass shooting, as I stated), there were only 4 school shootings with more than 2 deaths or 8 injuries, across the entire US during my 13 years in school.

It should also be pointed out that the criminal incident causing the most injury in schools during those years didn't involve shooting -- it involved a bomb. In 1986, in Wyoming, a middle-aged couple took an elementary school hostage, and brought a bomb with them. The wife accidentally detonated the bomb, injuring herself and 73 students! The husband then shot her dead, shot and wounded a teacher, and shot himself dead. The bomb was obviously the thing doing the real damage here -- far more than the gun violence at the end (where only one was injured besides the two perpetrators).

These killers put time and planning into their crimes. If they can't do it with a gun, they will find some other way.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Regarding mass school shootings when I was a student, let's look at the link you posted.

I entered elementary school in September 1977, and graduated high school in June 1990 -- 13 school years.

Let's look at the school shootings in that time period which resulted in more than 2 deaths and/or 8 injuries:

- January 29, 1979, San Diego, 2 dead, 9 injured. A 16-year-old female shooter opened fire on an elementary school from across the street.

- February 1984, Los Angeles, 3 dead, 12 injured. A shooter was firing at students leaving school (so this technically wasn't a shooting at school, but we will ignore that), and then shot himself dead.

- November 1985, Spanaway, WA, 3 dead, 0 injured. A crazy 14-year-old chick killed her ex-boyfriend and his buddy, and then killed herself. Doesn't count as a mass shooting, as this was a targeted murder.

- September 1988, Greenwood, SC, 2 dead, 9 injured. A 19-year-old entered an elementary school and started firing.

- January 1989, Stockton, CA, 6 dead, 32 injured. A 24-year-old man with a history of violence went into an elementary school and started firing, before killing himself.

Taking away the 1985 incident (which wasn't a mass shooting, as I stated), there were only 4 school shootings with more than 2 deaths or 8 injuries, across the entire US during my 13 years in school.

It should also be pointed out that the criminal incident causing the most injury in schools during those years didn't involve shooting -- it involved a bomb. In 1986, in Wyoming, a middle-aged couple took an elementary school hostage, and brought a bomb with them. The wife accidentally detonated the bomb, injuring herself and 73 students! The husband then shot her dead, shot an wounded a teacher, and shot himself dead. The bomb was obviously the thing doing the real damage here -- far more than the gun violence at the end (where only one was injured besides the two perpetrators).

These killers put time and planning into their crimes. If they can't do it with a gun, they will find some other way.
    Re: your last point, why are hand grenades illegal?
    Dumber than I had imagined.

Name:  55557153-5DC7-4D69-ABCB-6BF5FD5B4C1B.gif
Views: 577
Size:  2.26 MB

Load Metric
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Coming soon?
    Name:  Div.PNG
Views: 190
Size:  1,020.7 KB

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    There is no reason to allow an 18 year old kid to buy an assault rifle on his birthday.....full stop. The slippery slope argument is ridiculous. Comparing an AR-15 assault rifle to a hand gun is like comparing a tank to a pea shooter.

Thread Information