Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Uvalde shooting

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Uvalde shooting

Obviously a terrible tragedy, but of course now Democrats are jumping to politicize it.

This one isn't about race, as a Hispanic 18-year-old committed the crime against mostly Hispanic victims. The left also can't make this about ideology, because if anything, he was probably gay and/or some form of trans.

Instead we are getting a gun control discussion.

While I could accept some common sense gun law reform, I am worried that it will start a slippery slope of increasing "reform" until we have full gun control.

Look at the gay marriage situation. In the mid-2000s, Republicans (and many Democrats, including Barack Obama) were against legalizing gay marriage. Eventually public sentiment changed, and gay marriage became widely legal (and publicly accepted) in the 2010s. That's fine, and doesn't really hurt anyone. However, look how far we've come since then. We've gone from gay marriage to 100 genders, trans women in women's sports, and trans 3-year-olds. Anyone who would have predicted such a thing back in 2008 would have been laughed off the stage as a crazy homophobe. Unfortunately, the (reasonable) legalization of gay marriage opened the door to a lot of the really harmful shit we are seeing today with all of the extreme trans bullshit.

I'm afraid we will see the same with gun control. We might see the ban of assault rifles like AR-15s, the implementation of universal background checks, and the changing of the age of purchase to 21 from 18. However, soon enough we will see idiotic and harmful measures such as elimination of magazines over 10 rounds, elimination of conceal/carry permits, and many other poorly conceived "reforms". We also might see enough bans on semi-automatic weapons to where they will be illegal to own, and criminals will be confident they always have the average citizen and business owner outgunned.

I simply can't trust Democrats to pass reasonable gun reform, and then stop there. They never "stop there". They always want to keep pushing.

Finally, we just need to go back 2 short years to remember what life was like for many unarmed citizens. The BLM riots of 2020 went unchecked, and police were told to stand down. The old narrative of, "Call the police if you are in danger" didn't work anymore. If you called the police, they wouldn't come. You were on your own to protect yourself and/or your business. Guns and ammo sales hit record highs in 2020. Support for gun control laws dropped big time.

Finally, while it is very sad to think about children getting shot in schools by psychos, these are only a very small percentage of murders committed in the US, even if you only look at murders against children. Democrats are not interested in taking measures to bring down the high murder rate in the US -- only the type of murders which they feel have a proper villain (the gun industry). I have a very hard time believing that Democrats care about preventing violent crime, when they are always the ones attempting to shorten sentences for criminals, eliminate the death penalty and mandatory minimums, and defund police.

Until Democrats show they are serious about really tackling violent crime in this country, they need to shut their traps about a particular kind of crime which only accounts for a tiny percentage of murders each year.

Comments

Bilbodoggins: Using this tragedy as a springboard for one of your political rants is truly disgraceful

Sanlmar: Leaving change to the Democrats

Sloppy Joe: Moronic distillation from a slobbering buffoon

dwai: FUCK IT RED TRAIN EVEN THOUGH I AGREE WITH YOU

nunbeater: of course now democrats are rushing to politicize it, he says as he rushed to politicize it

Pablo: Not good Dander

splitthis: Correct aka100%

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Obviously a terrible tragedy, but of course now Democrats are jumping to politicize it.

This one isn't about race, as a Hispanic 18-year-old committed the crime against mostly Hispanic victims. The left also can't make this about ideology, because if anything, he was probably gay and/or some form of trans.

Instead we are getting a gun control discussion.

While I could accept some common sense gun law reform, I am worried that it will start a slippery slope of increasing "reform" until we have full gun control.

Look at the gay marriage situation. In the mid-2000s, Republicans (and many Democrats, including Barack Obama) were against legalizing gay marriage. Eventually public sentiment changed, and gay marriage became widely legal (and publicly accepted) in the 2010s. That's fine, and doesn't really hurt anyone. However, look how far we've come since then. We've gone from gay marriage to 100 genders, trans women in women's sports, and trans 3-year-olds. Anyone who would have predicted such a thing back in 2008 would have been laughed off the stage as a crazy homophobe. Unfortunately, the (reasonable) legalization of gay marriage opened the door to a lot of the really harmful shit we are seeing today with all of the extreme trans bullshit.

I'm afraid we will see the same with gun control. We might see the ban of assault rifles like AR-15s, the implementation of universal background checks, and the changing of the age of purchase to 21 from 18. However, soon enough we will see idiotic and harmful measures such as elimination of magazines over 10 rounds, elimination of conceal/carry permits, and many other poorly conceived "reforms". We also might see enough bans on semi-automatic weapons to where they will be illegal to own, and criminals will be confident they always have the average citizen and business owner outgunned.

I simply can't trust Democrats to pass reasonable gun reform, and then stop there. They never "stop there". They always want to keep pushing.

Finally, we just need to go back 2 short years to remember what life was like for many unarmed citizens. The BLM riots of 2020 went unchecked, and police were told to stand down. The old narrative of, "Call the police if you are in danger" didn't work anymore. If you called the police, they wouldn't come. You were on your own to protect yourself and/or your business. Guns and ammo sales hit record highs in 2020. Support for gun control laws dropped big time.

Finally, while it is very sad to think about children getting shot in schools by psychos, these are only a very small percentage of murders committed in the US, even if you only look at murders against children. Democrats are not interested in taking measures to bring down the high murder rate in the US -- only the type of murders which they feel have a proper villain (the gun industry). I have a very hard time believing that Democrats care about preventing violent crime, when they are always the ones attempting to shorten sentences for criminals, eliminate the death penalty and mandatory minimums, and defund police.

Until Democrats show they are serious about really tackling violent crime in this country, they need to shut their traps about a particular kind of crime which only accounts for a tiny percentage of murders each year.
    Name:  Screenshot_20220526-064928_Gallery.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  340.8 KB

did you see beto o dork get cucked while trying to make a spectacle at the press conference?

Comments

splitthis: 100% +++++

The Boz: Yep!

Load Metric
    Reports that the cops waited nearly an hour before going in to stop the shooter while parents begged and pleaded for them to save their children.

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-te...482483df6e4683

You don’t need a gun. Just call the police.

(who will sit idly by while your child is massacred)
    Last edited by devidee; 05-26-2022 at 04:29 AM.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Actually I dont think there is much chance for meaningful gun control by the left at all. Because so many guns, especially illegal guns, are owned by minorities; and woke activists and politicians would claim any meaningful reform is racist. And then even if a potentially effective law was somehow passed there would be no enforcement of it at all anyways. I mean look at big blue cities with strict gun control laws. If you go into those cities and randomly pick out 10 guys, probably 4 of them are illegally armed. And even if the police did arrest one of them for it (very unlikely unless they use the gun in a crime), woke DAs and judges couldn't get them back on the streets and re-armed fast enough.

It really is all Kabuki theatre.

Comments

Tellafriend:

dwai: taking their guns is racist

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Reports that the cops waited nearly an hour before going in to stop the shooter while parents begged and pleaded for them to save their children.

Yeah. One irony of all of this is that the left has spent the last 30 years "reforming" police departments by purposefully hiring officers who arent very "brave" (for lack of a better term) and then further discouraging them from taking action by strict rules and threat of punishment if they do act rashly, and then they complain police aren't effectual anyways. The left's position to policing really is dysfunctional.

50 years ago that sheriff's department probably would have had a couple guys who were willing to rush in guns blazing. But in today's world people with that kind of psychological profile are the first people weeded out in hiring or fired at the earliest pretense. The lefts seemingly wants to:

1. Make police as ineffectual as possible
    2. Let as many criminals as possible roam the streets committing crime with impunity
    3. De-arm citizens who want to defend themselves because the state wont

-It really is a incoherent, unworkable philosophy that isn't going to fly, no matter how many Uvalde's happen.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Read your first sentence Druff...that's all I needed. Talk about doors next...

Load Metric
    Some people speculating a link between the buffalo shooter and this Texas one.

They may have been members of the same discord server where user ‘Armand’ is suspected of grooming them. He posts ‘Texas 13 Days’ and the attack happened 13 days later.

Silver
    Load Metric
    This is not the worst idea: bullet proof backpacks.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=bullet...ANAB01&PC=U531

(h/t to TMZ, saw a story about it there)

I feel like if DesertRunner were still allowed to post here this would have its own thread along with flashlights.

Maybe not the worst item to take with into the WSOP either for the overly cautious crowd

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20220526-102410_Gallery.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  223.8 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20220526-102453_Gallery.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  284.7 KB

Comments

podcast:

splitthis: Fuck obamama

Load Metric
    I feel bad for the kids and parents, I think the best way for this country to move forward from such a tragedy is tax cuts for corporations and millionaires/billionaires.

Comments

MumblesBadly: You forgot “criminalize all birth control”

Platinum
    Load Metric
    The worst part about all this is supposedly the parents had to sit behind yellow tape and listen to their kids SCREAM as they got executed for 90 FUCKING MINUTES before the boys in blue decided to do anything about it. 90 MINUTES. As the parents begged them to do something about it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ter_mailonline

Comments

MumblesBadly: 47 minutes

Load Metric
    I’m a Democrat. I own guns. Here in California, the gun laws are a little too restrictive in my opinion, but I’ll live with it. This idea that every adult in America has unfettered right to an AK-47 under the 2nd Amendment is horseshit. The problem is that this country is an absolute arsenal. Just go to a gun show and you’ll see what I mean. Whether legislation could keep this from happening is debatable, because of the black market.

Another problem is that even though most people are for some gun control, there are wide swaths of the country that are adamantly against it. And not only in red states. Just look at Colorado.

One thing that Congress could do is immediately raise the national age to purchase a gun to 21. They have the power under the Commerce Clause, but the GOP are absolute cowards to the gun lobby, so it’ll never pass the Senate. So we can look forward to more kids getting shot in the face at school. Tight country we live in.

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: yeah because if only we raise the age to 21 all this stops. What a fucking moron.

Kuntmissioner: Offsetting mouth breather

Load Metric
    I agree with Druff that things are fine the way they are.

America is a little more dangerous than other countries but it’s worth it

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    I agree with Druff that things are fine the way they are.

America is a little more dangerous than other countries but it’s worth it
    Cause what you have going on is sooooo great. ha

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Bilbodoggins: Using this tragedy as a springboard for one of your political rants is truly disgraceful

OH THE IRONING.

TELL THAT TO THE WHOLE ENTIRE LEFT.

Comments

MumblesBadly: *IRONY, you moron!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

THIS IS FALSE HUN. THERE IS A PIC THAT ALLEGEDLY DISPLAYS THIS HAPPENING, THAT IN ITSELF PROVES IT INCORRECT.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    Nothing will happen. The gun lobby has a stranglehold on the GOP.

Arm teachers, lock doors, the right goes whuddabout Chicago, the left shits on Ted Cruz and clips interviews, etc. Shit is punctuated for a few days and we move on to the next dumb thing.

Then the next mass shooting will occur, and we repeat the cycle of blame, finger pointing, etc.

We really are a piece of shit society at this point beyond repair.

We've accepted mass slayings of children as part of American culture. This shit only routinely happens here. Absolute joke of a country.

Comments

devidee: Dystopian hellscape

country978: wish i could disagree

The Boz: Greatest country on Earth!
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Name:  723693A9-C868-4C6E-BA77-CF9475A1CB04.jpeg
Views: 510
Size:  244.7 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    It's a good tune and it's true.

Conservatives: Arm the teachers!
    Lol fuckin retards.
    I'm sick of this shit, these shootings are being censor important conversation about immigration.

Another right wing talking point is gun laws don't work, look at Chicago. Those are gang members from the slums. For 99% of would be shooters gun control laws would work. Absolutely ban all assault rifles and no clips over 5 rounds without a special permit.

One thing that could be done now to prevent these shootings is for the media to not make these shooters famous.
    Give these stories a small article on page 10, that's it. That'll eliminate 75% of them.
    They all are counting on the media to make them famous. This latest guy was telling some lady to watch the news. That's why they write these long manifestos.
    The dirty secret is the media wants more of these shootings, good for ratings and rating =profit.. Trading human lives for profit is totally standard so yeah.

Comments

BedWetterBettor: Easiest way to get famous used to be to Kill someone who’s famous. Now it seems to be just up the body count or lower the ages from the last mass shooting

Thread Information