Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: NFL Week Two Lines

Load Metric

NFL Week Two Lines

What do you like? I'm definitely wagering on some aspect of Bears-Packers for the action but didn't see much of the Packers this past week because the Bears played at the same time.

Leaning toward Bears +6 for a small homer bet. Cutler looked good last week; I know it was Indy but still.

Someone explain to me the Ravens being +2.5 against Philly. I watched a lot of the Philly game this past week and all of the Ravens last night.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    What do you like? I'm definitely wagering on some aspect of Bears-Packers for the action but didn't see much of the Packers this past week because the Bears played at the same time.

Leaning toward Bears +6 for a small homer bet. Cutler looked good last week; I know it was Indy but still.

Someone explain to me the Ravens being +2.5 against Philly. I watched a lot of the Philly game this past week and all of the Ravens last night.
    There was one crazy line with Denver only a 1 pt fav last week, and I have no fucking idea how the Eagles are giving up 2.5 vs Ravens.

I put a ton of money on Denver last week and cleaned up, and will be doing same with Ravens. They are fucking loaded.

Eagles have taken away Vick's most dangerous weapon, his legs, and are trying to make him something he isn't, a pocket passer. You saw the disastrous results Sunday.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post

There was one crazy line with Denver only a 1 pt fav last week, and I have no fucking idea how the Eagles are giving up 2.5 vs Ravens.

I put a ton of money on Denver last week and cleaned up, and will be doing same with Ravens. They are fucking loaded.

Eagles have taken away Vick's most dangerous weapon, his legs, and are trying to make him something he isn't, a pocket passer. You saw the disastrous results Sunday.

Thanks for the picks.

Load Metric
    What's the 'trap' with that Ravens line? Vick was really bad against Cleveland, like really bad. Philly's D was okay but they were up against Brandon Weeden.

I'm just a casual fan but I don't get this one at all..

Platinum
    Load Metric
    With basically the same team here is Baltimore's performance in 4 of its road games last year.

TEN 26 BAL 13
    JAC 12 BAL 7
    SEA 22 BAL 17
    SD 34 BAL 14

And the division went down to the last game of the season, so Baltimore was playing to win all these games.

So basically, Baltimore is more than capable of shitting the bed on the road, especially against bad teams.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    With basically the same team here is Baltimore's performance in 4 of its road games last year.

TEN 26 BAL 13
    JAC 12 BAL 7
    SEA 22 BAL 17
    SD 34 BAL 14

And the division went down to the last game of the season, so Baltimore was playing to win all these games.

So basically, Baltimore is more than capable of shitting the bed on the road, especially against bad teams.
    Interesting, but still betting Ravens +2.5

Load Metric
    I will take the Bears +6 for $10 (paypal) if anyone wants that action

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    book it. i'll take the action. $10. no need to escrow unless u want to.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I wasn't very impressed with the Ravens last year. It's really strange because they posted a solid record, but LOL at losing to Jacksonville. In the playoffs, Houston gifted them a +4 turnover differential, and they eeked out a 7-point victory. That should have been a blowout considering how awful Houston was that game.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I wasn't very impressed with the Ravens last year. It's really strange because they posted a solid record, but LOL at losing to Jacksonville. In the playoffs, Houston gifted them a +4 turnover differential, and they eeked out a 7-point victory. That should have been a blowout considering how awful Houston was that game.
    The ravens were a dropped pass at the end of regulation and then a FG kick away from going into OT in the AFC championship game

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I said this before the season started that you should bet on the Broncos until they lose.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    The ravens were a dropped pass at the end of regulation and then a FG kick away from going into OT in the AFC championship game
    I don't know what to tell you. I guess they're a Jekyll and Hyde team, holding their own against good teams and embarrassing themselves against bad ones.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    These are the idiots that drive the lines the wrong way, just let him be.

Much easier to make money if people buy into this nonsense.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalBornHustler View Post
    These are the idiots that drive the lines the wrong way, just let him be.

Much easier to make money if people buy into this nonsense.
    I'm not an idiot, just a very casual fan. I'm certainly not driving the line one way or another, as I don't bet.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Ill take Broncos +3 if anyone wants to take the Falcons. 10 bucks. Paypal payment.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    book it. i'll take the action. $10. no need to escrow unless u want to.

Nah, its all good.
    If I lose, please PM me. I will always pay, but I forget these bets on occasion.

Load Metric
    Even though Michael Vick hardly played in the preseason, the Eagles threw the ball 56 fucking times while averaging 5+ yards per carry against the 31st ranked d vs the run last season. Andy Reid can be the biggest jackass of any coach in the NFL IMO.... BUT, this is the birds home opener, their defense was very good the second half of last season, and looked very good vs Cleveland. I know, I know, rookie QB and all, but they were dominant. Baltimore will not tear up this D like the did Cincy, especially in Philly, and I highly doubt Vick throws the ball 56 times as Andy Reid's head will wind up on a stake if he does so. This will be a close game. Granted, I am a homer, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles win this game, or at least cover the spread.

Load Metric

This actually confuses me. The bears played in the early slate, and the packers in the late games. philly, though, also played in the early slate. Were you living in a different dimension last sunday?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

This actually confuses me. The bears played in the early slate, and the packers in the late games. philly, though, also played in the early slate. Were you living in a different dimension last sunday?
    Haha. I went out to a bar for the 1:00 games to catch the Bears and the Eagles-Browns were on a nearby TV. Got home for the 4:00's only to realize I was stuck with regional coverage of the Panthers. Went back out after halftime to catch the end.

Load Metric
    I have Miami over Oakland bet every conceivable way. Straight +2.5, teased, and the line is now +3 in some places -120, and I am going to throw some more. I am fairly confident Miami is an easy victor in this one. I'm not a Dolphins fan, I just think everything I look at in this one screams Miami wins outright.

Thread Information