Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: So monkeypox is definitely going to kill a few of us.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

My mother is traveling right now, but I was curious myself. Not that I’m concerned about this, just curious. I’m pretty sure the small pox vaccine was the one that left the little circle I recall on peoples arms growing up. Kind of an uneven circular shape. I remember asking about it as a kid, and why I didn’t have the circle.

I can’t remember if she said they started to do it differently, or they had started phasing it out. Obviously I’m a couple years older than you. I’m not so sure I even had it, but it’s entirely possible I’m not remembering the conversation correctly. I’ll ask when she returns.

I think they may have started phasing it out before 1972
    That's what my mom said. She said that they left circles on your arm, and that she doesn't believe I got it. I definitely don't remember any circle on my arm from any vaccine.

It's possible that the vaccine administered 50+ years ago wouldn't help today, anyway. I mean, look at how useless the COVID vaccine becomes after just 6 months. That's why I now have this annoying twice-a-year ritual of getting myself sick (which I'm going to quit at some point).
    Anyway, if monkeypox really is transmitting through gay sex, you and I have nothing to worry about. The rest of the users here... well... you never know.
    the smallpox vaccines were given on the upper left arm--if you went to a mass vaccine event (as i did at my elementary school one Saturday) the vaccine was on the outside of the arm---if you went to a personal physician, it may have been on the inside of your upper arm--the vaccine would leave a circular scar the size of a dime (my was an oval because i flinched when jabbed and the wound was larger than normal)...the vaccine scabbed over and was there for a couple of weeks until it fell off--yet the scar was there for years...so Druff if you got one you would have noticed the scar because it was long lasting---but eventually the scar goes away.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    WHO is saying this is a sex thing and i for one am feeling fucking great about being wrong re respiratory transmission.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    WHO is saying this is a sex thing and i for one am feeling fucking great about being wrong re respiratory transmission.
    Cuz you can’t get laid?

Load Metric
    Fucking Biden and his open border shit. Fuck that asshole. Time for that fucker to go.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    This and everything else the past two years or so are just distractions. The central banks in concert with global politicians have bankrupted the entire system. The world as we have known it is over. Most people just don’t know it yet.

Soon it won’t matter what “the next thing” is in the media. Shit is going to get really, really bad for everyone.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Last outbreak in 2003 was due to pet prairie dogs

Hope no one was screwing them.

No deaths whatsoever….71 cases total.

Load Metric

Comments

devidee: Solid? Jesus, bro

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    This and everything else the past two years or so are just distractions. The central banks in concert with global politicians have bankrupted the entire system. The world as we have known it is over. Most people just don’t know it yet.

Soon it won’t matter what “the next thing” is in the media. Shit is going to get really, really bad for everyone.

Sadly, you are correct. But it will be a slow roll getting there, probably a couple of decades. They can keep the facade up a long time. But make no mistake, we are in motion and there is no will to retard our progress, nor will there be.

Load Metric
    Word on the street is if you spank the monkey you can't get the pox.
    Just because you can doesn't always mean you should.

The problem with the world today is that nobody does anything based on principal anymore.

If you reach your 80's, consider your life in overtime. Sudden death overtime.

I'll never understand how swimmers get bitten by sharks. Can they not hear the music?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Sadly, you are correct. But it will be a slow roll getting there, probably a couple of decades. They can keep the facade up a long time. But make no mistake, we are in motion and there is no will to retard our progress, nor will there be.

If we are going to play the “make no mistake” game then let’s set the record straight right up front. “The facade” started in large part in 2008. You could make a argument that it started in the late 80’s in Japan but it was isolated enough to say on a worldwide stage it was 2008.

So I agree that the runout will be a decade or three but what most people don’t understand is the house of cards foundation was poured almost 15 years ago now. So if you give it 30 years we are half way there…..

Comments

Tellafriend: agreed

Load Metric
    it took 5 days from the first non-travel related infection reports to map this virus' entire genome and thats honestly blowing my fucking mind right now.

also weirdly in large part that quantum leap in tech was created by covid.

Comments

Tellafriend: i care

Load Metric
    it took 5 days from the first non-travel related infection reports to map this virus' entire genome and thats honestly blowing my fucking mind right now.

nobody cares you fat piece of shit go back to your crypto site

Comments

incognito81: Shut it down clown

The Boz: Offset liberal nonsense

Load Metric
    The NHS has removed key sections from its website saying monkeypox is usually a mild disease that does not require treatment and does not spread easily from person to person.

Now why would they do that?

Load Metric
    The NHS has removed key sections from its website saying monkeypox is usually a mild disease that does not require treatment and does not spread easily from person to person.

Now why would they do that?
    THE SCIENCE IS WHY!

TRUST IT BIGOT

Gold
    Load Metric
    For good or bad, there is actually a very good reason pretty much every successful society over time has similar taboos, with gay, anal sex orgies being on the top of the list. It really is a giant public health risk.

And now that Western society has decided to self destruct and remove every +EV taboo, we have the privilege of getting a front row seat why they really existed in the first place.

Of course, traditional societies didn't understand the science of why it was such a bad idea, and couched things in moral reasons. But just because the reasons are bogus, doesn't mean the taboo itself is incorrect. Being right for the wrong reasons you could say I guess.

Single motherhood another giant traditional taboo where most traditional societies were very right for often wrong reasons, and we are getting a very hard lesson why it is such a bad idea.

Comments

The Boz: Well said!

Tellafriend: i also agree

dwai: noice
    Last edited by Kalam; 05-25-2022 at 05:59 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Time for another global lockdown.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post
    Time for another global lockdown.
    how are them NZ covid numbers looking?

remember when everyone was like BUT MUH NEW ZEALAND!!!!!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    bats , monkeys whats next? When does it end? Chickens next
    this will keep happening every time the dems feel threatened and need massive amounts of fraudulent mail in votes to win
    wow you should take all the evidence of massive voter fraud to court and show it to like 60 judges

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    this will keep happening every time the dems feel threatened and need massive amounts of fraudulent mail in votes to win
    wow you should take all the evidence of massive voter fraud to court and show it to like 60 judges
    Name:  Screenshot_20220515-104930_Gallery.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  48.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The ultimate success of the mRNA vaccines (still up in the air, to be honest) will also have a lot of impact where mRNA technology goes over the next 2 decades.

The technology has been around, but somewhat ignored. It was more relegated to the land of cute science projectdom, where researchers got together and said "what if", but we got no practical applications out of it.

Along came COVID, and not only was a practical application developed for mRNA, but it was done in record time. At first it seemed to be a success beyond our wildest dreams, vastly outperforming old school vaccines such as the one for flu, and also outperforming non-mRNA COVID vaccines.

Unfortunately, the "wearing off" effect is concerning, as is the fact that it seems natural immunity is superior.

The long term safety profile of mRNA vaccines isn't known, either, and it won't be known until we get to the actual long term. So far it's looking pretty good (a year later, we aren't seeing a significant number of deaths or major health problems attributed to it), but that can change as we get farther out and can see things better.

There has been talk that mRNA technology can eventually cure cancer and change medicine as we know it. Perhaps in 2050, people will look back at pre-mRNA medicine and scoff at those primitive days, the same way we look down upon pre-antibiotics medicine of the early 20th century. It's also possible that mRNA will take awhile to ever get going, especially if the vaccines are ultimately judged as a fail.

Comments

devidee: You now have AIDS.

Thread Information