Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi Rum Dick

Load Metric
    Btw I literally did not have a tent.

I had 2 bags, one was my sleeping bag and clothes, the other was personal goods, toiletries, so on. The cops would have blown me up hard if I pitched a tent on that beach. I slept between the dunes and woke up usually to the marines jogging down by the water.

I promised Rum Dick a trip report on it, I'll get that written sooner than later.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Pretty sure Ive seen you espouse the virtues of IP geolocation on a variety of occasions dawg. Pretty.. pretty sure... Example being the Nado Dave location debacle, that was all based on him having an IP that didnt jibe with his assertion that he lived in Coronado.. am I totally missing something or wasnt that the point of that whole confrontation?

Btw having been tasked with 'fixing' out of date information in those databases (pro tip: its impossible because the third parties who maintain them give not a fuck and mostly dont even speak english), its a profound sore point.

I got online in 94 and got heavy into digital warfare by 96.. but honestly tenure means fuckall at this point in the game. 16 year old Chinese kids on government issued speed know more about recreationally violating ring 0 memory than I ever will. The jesus christ comment is simply my way of conveying that reality; if Im interviewing someone and they start harping on when they logged in first, Im not hiring them 99 times out of 100. Its a tremendous red flag; I dont want to deal with egos and bad habits.

Bottom line is when you are discussing poker strat and all things culturally affiliated, Im genuinely interested and recognize Im in the presence of a legit source of truth. When you start portraying yourself as an authority on contemporary IT issues be it security or malware or whatever, which you are guilty of, and then often predicate opinions on work you did for a few weeks or months back in the early 90s, which you are guilty of, my countdown to emotional passive aggressive criticality begins in earnest.
    You won't find a single post where I claim or imply that IP geolocation is accurate. In most cases it has some coarse accuracy. If I see an IP showing up as Milwaukee, it's rarely someone in New York (unless it's a cell phone IP or connected to another service that is not localized). However, I will freely admit that it's very reasonable to believe that someone from Coronado would show up with a San Diego IP. My assertions about Dave were half based upon his status as a student, and half based upon just trying to give him a hard time when I sensed it irritated him.

I am not an authority on contemporary IT issues, and there are some areas where I definitely lack current knowledge. I actually do know a good deal about malware because that's one area that I have kept up on over the years. I have kept up on other IT-related subjects, as well -- basically the ones I personally find interesting.

Why do you think it's so hard for certain banned users to find a proxy that works here? It's not because I manually copy and paste TOR exit node lists every week. I'm not trying to brag about that, as what I did wasn't too difficult or complicated in the grand scheme of things, but to characterize me as someone whose knowledge is current as of 1992 is unfair.

Load Metric
    I appreciate that, I wasnt trying to say your knowledge of IT stopped in 1992 btw, nor would I imply youre not way ahead of the curve compared to average user. Trolling Nardo Dave is fine but the art in trolling is at some point demonstrating subtly youve gone ham and you know it, imo. But try having a serious conversation with Scooter about what goes on with OSX under the hood while 408mike attempts to dazzle his audience with his knowledge of journaled file systems and you can start to understand why I tend to get pissy/critical.

Banned
    Load Metric
    which brings me to my next question, when the hell are either of you two going to trip report this?

Name:  MV5BODg0NjQ5ODQ3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU4MjkzNA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  16.0 KB

Load Metric
    Hi Rum Dick!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lewfather View Post
    which brings me to my next question, when the hell are either of you two going to trip report this?

Name:  MV5BODg0NjQ5ODQ3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU4MjkzNA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  16.0 KB
    Awful.

Only realistic character in the whole movie was that annoying kid who wanted so badly to be accepted by the older hackers.

Banned
    Load Metric
    wouldnt be right druff if i didnt ask and again I beg for your forgiveness. Having said that I have to ask *shutter*

Name:  Netposter1995.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  12.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    hi
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Uh oh. What did I do now?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    You didn't die of COVID

Comments

rum dick: Assholes live forever

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    You didn't die of COVID
    Definitely wished I had during a couple of the nights while I had it. Managed to walk a few miles today which is promising.

Comments

dmndkutr: He lives rep

Thread Information