Thread: Passenger lands plane

Load Metric

Passenger lands plane

Small sessna type plane. No idea how to land the plane got step by step instructions from tower. Thought about Todd and flight simulator. All links were buggy. Landed safely.

Load Metric
    You sure this wasn't Spirit Airlines?

If you would like the pilot to land the plane, you must pay $100 additional dollars, otherwise you are on your own.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Small sessna type plane. No idea how to land the plane got step by step instructions from tower. Thought about Todd and flight simulator. All links were buggy. Landed safely.
    The crazy part is even the tower had very little idea how to operate that type of plane and was just winging it along with the emergency pilot giving general instruction. That guy is a made man for life after pulling that off. Unbelievable.

Here is the video

https://twitter.com/WPBF25News/status/1524397709264060422

Load Metric
    I believe one of the guys in the tower was a pilot but still amazing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah this was actually very impressive.

I have been in a Cessna before because my dad learned to fly in the 1960s, and would sometimes rent a Cessna and I'd go with him. One time he flew us to Catalina Island which was a little bit scary because they have a crazy runway with a cliff on both sides. It's called the "Airport in the Sky".

Flight Simulator 2020 has a Cessna as the default small plane you fly there. In fact, it's the first plane you use in the (fairly useless) tutorial.

I decided to stick with the Cessna and learn how to fly it competently. It took a little bit of time to do. First I was constantly over-turning and crashing. Eventually I got good enough to where I could not only fly well, but also recover from a stall/overturning situation. Was pretty cool to fly around NYC like a stunt pilot, between the tall buildings -- something you could never do in real life, without ending up like Cory Lidle.

Landing took several tries to get right, and I still sometimes screw it up. My first try, the plane flipped over -- and that was without the actual sweaty palms of landing in real life with zero experience, like this guy had to do. Landing safely on the first try in real life is amazing. Even doing so on Flight Simulator, I'd be impressed.

Thread Information