Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: LOL Betonline "blackjack tournament"

  1. #1
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7918
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,918
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    6865310

    LOL Betonline "blackjack tournament"

    So I get an e-mail about a Betonline BJ tournament, where I have a free entry.

    Okay... figured I'd give it a shot. I waited until near the end of the time period. Then I ran up my 250 in fake chips to 3400, and noticed that this put me high enough on the leaderboard to where I was likely to win $750, or at least $500.

    Well, the contest ended, and indeed I won $750. Great, right?

    Not so fast.

    Turns out I won $750 in "bonus dollars" which can "only be used at select casino games", and needs "rollover".

    Shit!!

    Well, it was worse than I thought. The rollover is an obnoxious 50x. But it doesn't stop there...

    - Any table game is 5-10% rollover (mostly 5%), so that makes these a no-starter (at 5%, I'd have to rollover $750,000!!!!)

    - The only thing giving more than 20% rollover credit is a selection of some lolbad slot machines

    - None of these slot machines allow you to spin at high stakes, nor do they allow you to win any big jackpot. This makes it nearly impossible to do anything but grind yourself down to zero in attempt to clear rollover

    - If by some absolute miracle you clear the rollover, at most you are allowed to walk away with 2x your bonus funds. That means my absolute best upside is $1500, and it's almost certain I'll get zero anyway.

    Like... why even have this whole free blackjack tournament if it's near impossible to clear your "winnings" and turn it into real money? They couldn't at least tie it to something like sportsbetting at high rollover, to where at least I have a fighting chance to get the money?


    site=joke


     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: OP

  2. #2
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3394
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,101
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Because during the course of this nonsense - playing blackjack and playing casino games - a good percentage are gonna get hooked.

    I insta delete all these promotions on my phone. There are quite a lot. The recent horse race was the last one, I think. I don’t even read them.

    For me, the casino games are a disturbing downside to legalized sports wagering.

    I half expect them to offer free cigarettes

  3. #3
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7918
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,918
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Because during the course of this nonsense playing blackjack and playing casino games a good percentage are gonna get hooked.

    I insta delete all these promotions on my phone. There are quite a lot. The recent horse race was the last one, I think. I donít even read them.
    I also get some lol promo slots to play every few days. They give me like 20 free spins at $0.10 each. You're never going to win more than a few bucks.

    I bring Benjamin over and we do our 20 spins, and laugh at how ridiculous it is, as I clear somewhere between 50 cents and 2 dollars. But at least that results in a (very small amount) of tangible money, and you're very aware that you're doing it all at microstakes.

    Here I "won" $750, only to realize it's impossible to convert to real money. Awful.

  4. #4
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3394
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,101
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Because during the course of this nonsense playing blackjack and playing casino games a good percentage are gonna get hooked.

    I insta delete all these promotions on my phone. There are quite a lot. The recent horse race was the last one, I think. I donít even read them.
    I also get some lol promo slots to play every few days. They give me like 20 free spins at $0.10 each. You're never going to win more than a few bucks.

    I bring Benjamin over and we do our 20 spins, and laugh at how ridiculous it is, as I clear somewhere between 50 cents and 2 dollars. But at least that results in a (very small amount) of tangible money, and you're very aware that you're doing it all at microstakes.

    Here I "won" $750, only to realize it's impossible to convert to real money. Awful.
    I wish you would keep the impressionable kid from this nonsense. Creating behavior is exactly the point.

  5. #5
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7918
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,918
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    I also get some lol promo slots to play every few days. They give me like 20 free spins at $0.10 each. You're never going to win more than a few bucks.

    I bring Benjamin over and we do our 20 spins, and laugh at how ridiculous it is, as I clear somewhere between 50 cents and 2 dollars. But at least that results in a (very small amount) of tangible money, and you're very aware that you're doing it all at microstakes.

    Here I "won" $750, only to realize it's impossible to convert to real money. Awful.
    I wish you would keep the impressionable kid from this nonsense. Creating behavior is exactly the point.
    It's not presented as a positive experience. I tell him exactly why they give these free spins, and then we laugh at the terrible potential upside of a few dollars, and then further laugh at how it automatically converts to $10 per spin once you're done with your 10 cent spins.

    He always says something like, "I can't believe people actually waste real money on that trash", before walking away.

     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: +++1 - Encourage ridicule.

  6. #6
    Gold
    Reputation
    214
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    1,009
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    I also get some lol promo slots to play every few days. They give me like 20 free spins at $0.10 each. You're never going to win more than a few bucks.

    I bring Benjamin over and we do our 20 spins, and laugh at how ridiculous it is, as I clear somewhere between 50 cents and 2 dollars. But at least that results in a (very small amount) of tangible money, and you're very aware that you're doing it all at microstakes.

    Here I "won" $750, only to realize it's impossible to convert to real money. Awful.
    I wish you would keep the impressionable kid from this nonsense. Creating behavior is exactly the point.
    Think of the valuable lessons this boy is learning from his dad. By the time he can legally gamble Benjamin will be a pro at something.

  7. #7
    Platinum FRANKRIZZO's Avatar
    Reputation
    332
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,541
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Bet on line has always been shady I commented on their rollover policies in different thread. Like 10 years ago they would snatch players rolls one person had 90k. Few took their cases to 2 plus 2 and were able to get their balances back.

  8. #8
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3394
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,101
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Bet on line has always been shady I commented on their rollover policies in different thread. Like 10 years ago they would snatch players rolls one person had 90k. Few took their cases to 2 plus 2 and were able to get their balances back.
    Is shady the right word?

    The player chasing “something for nothing” is definitely being psychologically groomed. The opportunist becomes ensnared in an endless hamster wheel of casino games. Karen Nathan comes out the other side.

    It’s like a drug dealer giving you a little taste.

    Play thru is the oldest gambling marketing campaign. The play thru is crummier than ever cause competition is almost nil perhaps.

    As I’ve posted recently, I never pahticipate in deposit bonus promotions or play all these casino promotions.

    I have wagered untold amounts over 6 years with Betonline. I have NEVER had a bad experience or been left unsatisfied in a dispute. I can’t even remember a serious dispute.

    They offer tight lines and quick payment. That is all I ask of them.

    When I’m done with a business they are dead to me. I am ruthless and unforgiving. One mistake by Bodog and a decade later I still won’t touch them. Betonline has kept on the straight and narrow.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 05-10-2022 at 05:17 PM.

  9. #9
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    2327
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,154
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Todd,

    I know this is going to surprise you but these online sportsbooks and casino sites are not there for you to win money on.

    I know thatís a shocking concept for a lot of people to understand.

    Same goes for Frank or Al or any other local bookie at the local card room or bar or pool hall. They arenít in business to pay you money.

    They might as well set up a 12 ft extra small basketball hoop and charge to win a prize. At least people tend to understand an Un winnable carnival game when they see it.

    BOL called me last week wanting to know what the problem wasÖ.. he said to me I had Actualy withdrawn X amount of thousands from them a few weeks ago and he wanted to know what the problem was and why hadnít I come back to deposit yet. Gives you a window into their soul.

  10. #10
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3394
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,101
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Daly,

    A book always has the best of it at 11:10 (I’m dating myself in the legalized age). Balanced action and you can make a fine living.

    It gets even better with lucrative props and futures (better hold). No bookie needs to make his mission statement getting over on the customer. No need to take a side. The vig is a mortal lock.

    A book can make a fine living just charging a toll.

    They host the game like poker.

  11. #11
    Plutonium sonatine's Avatar
    Reputation
    6851
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    31,117
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Todd,

    I know this is going to surprise you but these online sportsbooks and casino sites are not there for you to win money on.

    I know thatís a shocking concept for a lot of people to understand.

    Same goes for Frank or Al or any other local bookie at the local card room or bar or pool hall. They arenít in business to pay you money.

    They might as well set up a 12 ft extra small basketball hoop and charge to win a prize. At least people tend to understand an Un winnable carnival game when they see it.

    BOL called me last week wanting to know what the problem wasÖ.. he said to me I had Actualy withdrawn X amount of thousands from them a few weeks ago and he wanted to know what the problem was and why hadnít I come back to deposit yet. Gives you a window into their soul.

    coge

    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

    "America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

  12. #12
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    658
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    2,184
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

    I wish you would keep the impressionable kid from this nonsense. Creating behavior is exactly the point.
    Think of the valuable lessons this boy is learning from his dad. By the time he can legally gamble Benjamin will be a pro at something.
    Here’s how I imagine little Ben when his dad is complaining about not getting his tomatoes on the side (some other perceived injustice):

  13. #13
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7918
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,918
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    6865310
    My problem isn't that Betonline has rollovers in their contest, or that they're not giving me $750 free.

    My problem comes from how bad this tournament really is. The prizes are almost impossible to cash out, under these circumstances. As I said, I'd be fine with some kind of large rollover to where you have to give a lot of action on the site to clear it. But this is almost equivalent to handing out play money. They sold it as a "$148,000" tournament, and I'm wondering if even $1,000 will be converted to real cash. Probably not.


  14. #14
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    2327
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,154
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Name:  C38362EF-6034-4367-BCEE-0A37577A906E.png
Views: 126
Size:  654.5 KB

  15. #15
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3394
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,101
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Name:  C38362EF-6034-4367-BCEE-0A37577A906E.png
Views: 126
Size:  654.5 KB
    Penn Gaming has absolutely no idea what they are doing. They don’t originate lines and their risk management is a clown show.

    Their stock is getting savaged.

    They are representative of a universe of books that find it easier to refuse a bet than make a market. Spanky is tilting at windmills. There are very few real books.

    Not accepting action is different than trying to take my money on a bet. Taking my money in today’s world is awful vig & criminal props, same game nonsense, early cash out offers and other ridiculous shit like Todd’s blackjack tournament. Noobs are getting ripped off. That’s not bookmaking.


    VSIN was sold to Draftkings? Wow, that’s some sad shit. I remember spotting the glass booth in South Point’s sports book next to the hot dog vendor years ago. South Point was one of the principal founders of VSIN. A book that originated its own lines. Offered dime lines on baseball. Took all action. An actual book.

    The sun is setting on the golden age of sports wagering

     
    Comments
      
      Dan Druff:
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 05-11-2022 at 07:33 PM.

  16. #16
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7918
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,918
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    6865310
    A guy on Twitter responded to me that he noticed the slot machine "Quest for the West" gave him a small chance to actually clear the bonus. Indeed I took a look, and that one has the best shot at a "jackpot" type payout (up to 1260x the bet), which is basically the only way you can reasonably clear a 50x rollover on a slot machine.

    He said that he has played a ton of these and cashed out about 3% of the time using Quest for the West. Pretty sad that the "best" rollover method results in a 3% success rate, but that's a lot better than the 0% success rate on most of the other rollover games.

    He also noted that the daily BJ tournaments on subsequent days vanished shortly after my tweet where I tagged BOL about the matter. Hmmmm...

  17. #17
    Master of Props Daly's Avatar
    Reputation
    2327
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9,154
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Name:  C38362EF-6034-4367-BCEE-0A37577A906E.png
Views: 126
Size:  654.5 KB
    Penn Gaming has absolutely no idea what they are doing. They donít originate lines and their risk management is a clown show.

    Their stock is getting savaged.

    They are representative of a universe of books that find it easier to refuse a bet than make a market. Spanky is tilting at windmills. There are very few real books.

    Not accepting action is different than trying to take my money on a bet. Taking my money in todayís world is awful vig & criminal props, same game nonsense, early cash out offers and other ridiculous shit like Toddís blackjack tournament. Noobs are getting ripped off. Thatís not bookmaking.


    VSIN was sold to Draftkings? Wow, thatís some sad shit. I remember spotting the glass booth in South Pointís sports book next to the hot dog vendor years ago. South Point was one of the principal founders of VSIN. A book that originated its own lines. Offered dime lines on baseball. Took all action. An actual book.

    The sun is setting on the golden age of sports wagering

    Iíve said to others that right now sports wagering is currently in the middle of the ďMoneymaker yearsĒ. We have a few more to come as other states legalize. Once that finishes up and these books need to show actual profits the players are going to get fucked even worse.

    You will see an entire 60 Minutes segment on how sportsbooks wonít let winning bettors play.

  18. #18
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    7918
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    46,918
    Blog Entries
    2
    Load Metric
    6865310
    Now they have these idiotic "cash races", where only real money play counts toward the leaderboard: https://www.betonline.ag/casino/cashraces


    Great. I guess it's good for the fish, though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Spencer Strikes Again, Outs "Sam", an alleged winning blackjack gambler
    By aayjay in forum Scams, Scandals, and Shadiness
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2022, 02:08 PM
  2. Blackjack dealers get in a fight and a "stabbing" occurs @ bellagio.
    By donkdowndonedied in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-26-2021, 02:30 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 02:31 AM
  4. "MODEL CITIZEN" "DAN DRUFF" "DOESNT" KILL CHIL'RIN
    By Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-04-2016, 12:46 AM
  5. Caesars fires all "Dealertainers" from blackjack games
    By Dan Druff in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2014, 10:45 PM