Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
I don't think Phil was shooting angles. I think this was a careless moving of his cards. Say what you want about Hellmuth, but he's not known to be an angler.

Still, it's understandable why his opponent believed it was a fold, especially because the guy was a rec player. Big poker badass Phil should have realized what happened, and just given the guy the pot.
Careless moving of his cards? He slid them face down in a forward motion. With no audio or any other thing, the video alone is a pretty damn clear fold. The announcer even said fold. The all in player immediately tapped the table as to say nice hand. ThatÂ’s a fold.
Yes it looked like a fold, and I don't blame anyone (including the announcers) for thinking that.

However, do you really think Phil is going to shoot his first angle on a very high profile stream, against a rec player?

I think he made a careless move which looked like a fold, and then didn't feel like he was folding, so he didn't want to give up his hand after the other guy tabled an inferior hand.