Thread: legalization of marijuana

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric

legalization of marijuana

I just got an email (I don't know why they have my email address) from my County Executive indicating that marijuana is now legal in my County

all of these things, marijuana, alcohol and gambling are potentially harmful
    maybe it is a small % of users who are harmed

you don't hear much talk about alcoholism
    according to N.I.H. 10.6% of the population over the age of 12 had AUD (alcohol use disorder) in the past year

Government authorities know that all of this stuff can be harmful

but they can't move against it - there are just too many people who want to partake

the huge increase in the availability of legal gambling is shocking

no politician wants to take a strong stand against things that are very, very popular

Comments

splitthis: Correct, is the advancement of Satan

DJ_Chaps: 2 tards in a pod

Banned
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Florida so Medical and need a license here do hink rec is coming some day

Name:  20230702_122325.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  3.71 MB
    Name:  20230702_122443.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  4.51 MB
    Name:  20230702_122526.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  4.21 MB

enjoy thats Panhandle Purps (Florida strain)/Pink Cookies/Sour Cake (Ground) which is rebel sour and papaya cake crossed (Sour Cake) I believe

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    Florida is ass backwards with their laws around weed. Here in MA its been legal for a long time and was de-criminalized a generation ago. If you're smoking medical shit that's testing out at 22% your state has a lot of catching up to do.
    Absolutely and similar to Mass im from Jersey only moved to Florida in 2010

Do understand both States which are polar opposites in some areas. Per the weed laws here a prominent lawyer is one of the main people behind the movement here in Florida and he has pull his names John Morgan hes been a big proponent of Medical Marijuana legalization in Florida. And reason being his brother got paralyzed maybe at Disney when little and do saw all of that with pills and addiction, so is a very big proponent for legalization of Marijuana but Medically here, this State may want the Revenue always from Medical Regulation, so wouldn't surprise me if Florida does not become recreational since its already laid out the way it is, and you need a license, so fees and regulations, Costs. Theyll make money on it here and Florida is the 3rd most populated State in the U.S. so likely a lot too done correctly.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Florida is ass backwards with their laws around weed. Here in MA its been legal for a long time and was de-criminalized a generation ago. If you're smoking medical shit that's testing out at 22% your state has a lot of catching up to do.

Do understand both States which are polar opposites in some areas. Per the weed laws here a prominent lawyer is one of the main people behind the movement here in Florida and he has pull his names John Morgan hes been a big proponent of Medical Marijuana legalization in Florida. And reason being his brother got paralyzed maybe at Disney when little and do saw all of that with pills and addiction, so is a very big proponent for legalization of Marijuana but Medically here, this State may want the Revenue always from Medical Regulation, so wouldn't surprise me if Florida does not become recreational since its already laid out the way it is, and you need a license, so fees and regulations, Costs. Theyll make money on it here and Florida is the 3rd most populated State in the U.S. so likely a lot too done correctly.
    I've had bouts with cancer since 2018 (doing great right now) and you wouldn't believe the drugs I've been offered to "treat" the various ailments that go along with that. Although I tried a lot of what was offered I came to realize that THC was the only medicine I needed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallyBig View Post
    no politician wants to take a strong stand against things that are very, very popular

I know times are changing but in the old days we elected politicians who represented our preferences. Seemed like a good idea at the time.

Load Metric

In Florida, there are both ballot initiatives in the works and legislation that has been proposed. Both have major obstacles to overcome, before recreational weed will become legal. Currently, there is Medical and for recreational the bullshit Delta 8 and 10 that is legal. The Medical card is expensive and must be renewed every 7 months.

I hope if and when they do legalize recreational weed, the do it right, and not the way NY did it. NY decriminalized it, but waited 2 years before licensing set up was implemented. The result is today, there are only 3 officially licensed dispensaries in NYC, and hundreds and hundreds of smoke shops and bodegas selling weed from California (where NY state gets zero tax dollars). Also the unlicensed places sell product at much cheaper prices than the licensed places. The license holders are pissed, because the Govt. can't or won't close down the illegal dispensaries. If your licensees can't make money, then the system will fail and it has.
    En boca cerrada, no entran moscas

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Just read that TX only allows 1% weed for medical….what’s the point.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallyBig View Post
    I just got an email (I don't know why they have my email address) from my County Executive indicating that marijuana is now legal in my County

all of these things, marijuana, alcohol and gambling are potentially harmful
    maybe it is a small % of users who are harmed

you don't hear much talk about alcoholism
    according to N.I.H. 10.6% of the population over the age of 12 had AUD (alcohol use disorder) in the past year

Government authorities know that all of this stuff can be harmful

but they can't move against it - there are just too many people who want to partake

the huge increase in the availability of legal gambling is shocking

Which poster created this sock puppet for just this posting?? IS that you Split??

We tried prohibition before it didnt work and just becasue some moron has an addiction personality doesnt mean the vast majority should suffer. Not to mention cannabis is way safer then the shit drug companies are pushing out there for pain and anxiety and such. We dont have 100k plus dying from ODs of cannabis either every year plus the potential deadly detox from benzos and other controlled drugs pushed by big pharma and others..

Load Metric
    Lol @ living in a state where weed is illegal.

Load Metric
    Here is one of the ballot initiatives in Florida. It is sponsored by one fo the licensed Medical Marijuana operators in the state.

Full article from Forbes is here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherri...h=b9997e47eb33

Cliffs: 1) Ballot initiative has already received more than enough "verified" signatures to make it on to the ballot.
    2) Florida Attorney General has asked State Supreme Court to invalidate initiative due to the language not being correct
    3) Weed would be legal for up to 3 oz.
    4) Existing operators in the Medical Space would get a huge advantage on new players.
    5) If measure actually reaches the ballot and passes muster with the Supreme Court, it is likely to pass.

Senate Bill 1576, which I alluded to earlier in this thread would have been the legislative route to Legalized Marijuana in Florida.

The text can be found here:https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2023/1576
    The bill died in Agriculture Committee.

The Bill is Dead.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post
    Here is one of the ballot initiatives in Florida. It is sponsored by one fo the licensed Medical Marijuana operators in the state.

Full article from Forbes is here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/ajherri...h=b9997e47eb33

Cliffs: 1) Ballot initiative has already received more than enough "verified" signatures to make it on to the ballot.
    2) Florida Attorney General has asked State Supreme Court to invalidate initiative due to the language not being correct
    4) Existing operators in the Medical Space would get a huge advantage on new players.
    5) If measure actually reaches the ballot and passes muster with the Supreme Court, it is likely to pass.

Senate Bill 1576, which I alluded to earlier in this thread would have been the legislative route to Legalized Marijuana in Florida.

The Bill is Dead.
    This is very big and puts Trulieve Florida's far and away #1 Medical Marijuana dispensary in a somewhat dominant position. To capture the Florida Market which is the #3 most populated State in America is a very big State population. In a well run and Regulated Medical Marijuana Market, which we have now, marijuana should make tons of money for the State of Florida. Its pretty well Regulated here and Dr's/Appts/annual dues. There is costs involved id say abuot$150 every 6 months once initially carded in Florida here. I dont think Florida ever goes recreational here, the State makes tons of money with it being Regulated and making them money. Recreation would mean the State loses too much money here, never would happen.

Also my own desire here on this upcoming election is the Bill which allows Carded Marijuana Patients to grow there own plants, like in other States you can. To be able to grow my own plants even if its only 2/3 would be full circle and so nice. Id be able to remove the costs of marijuana from my own life but also for my own enjoyment and interest legally be able to grow a few plants. Not sure i would but if legal maybe. Ive heard that is on this upcoming ballot as well, Medical Marijuana Carded Patients will maybe be able to grown there own plants, or a couple. As you can in other States.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

The Bill is Dead.
    This is very big and puts Trulieve Florida's far and away #1 Medical Marijuana dispensary in a somewhat dominant position. To capture the Florida Market which is the #3 most populated State in America is a very big State population. In a well run and Regulated Medical Marijuana Market, which we have now, marijuana should make tons of money for the State of Florida. Its pretty well Regulated here and Dr's/Appts/annual dues. There is costs involved id say abuot$150 every 6 months once initially carded in Florida here. I dont think Florida ever goes recreational here, the State makes tons of money with it being Regulated and making them money. Recreation would mean the State loses too much money here, never would happen.

Also my own desire here on this upcoming election is the Bill which allows Carded Marijuana Patients to grow there own plants, like in other States you can. To be able to grow my own plants even if its only 2/3 would be full circle and so nice. Id be able to remove the costs of marijuana from my own life but also for my own enjoyment and interest legally be able to grow a few plants. Not sure i would but if legal maybe. Ive heard that is on this upcoming ballot as well, Medical Marijuana Carded Patients will maybe be able to grown there own plants, or a couple. As you can in other States.

It all comes down to the ballot initiative. If it passes muster with the Florida Supreme Court, it will certainly pass with the voters. That's why the Attorney General is trying to block it. This initiative could also bring out more voters in 2024 (when it will appear on the ballot) and it could tilt certain races in a different direction.

Comments

garrett: Ive actually filled out some ballots at my local dispensary in favor of, might be the one

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Lol @ living in a state where weed is illegal.
    Income tax is also illegal in Texas…so you gotta buy your weed on the sly…it’s better quality anyhow.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    im in ny, which is in a weird grey area for weed right now.

legislation is in place to allow dispensaries to be open, but the licenses are not being issued.

initially there were going to prioritize licensing those who had previous drug related offenses on their record - yes, you read the correctly...

meanwhile, bootleg dispensaries are operating - a few in each town.
    occasionally cannibus enforcement comes through and shuts a some down, its a really weird dynamic.
    never shut down the ones in high crime areas, or the ones with people literally on city sidewalks burning weed with a blow torch and blowing it into the street with a leaf blower (witnessed this week first hand).

im just bitter because they got my go-to shop last week - but they reopened yesterday with a giant qreopening sale. $100 for a really nice oz, can't go wrong.

Comments

country978: $100 an oz is sweet price

Thread Information