Thread: Austistic man arrested for threatening posts

Bronze
    Load Metric

Austistic man arrested for threatening posts

No, not Jewdonk.

This story broke over the weekend when this guy gets arrested by the feds for posting absolutely bonkers anti-trans kill you messages on a dictionary website. He objects to the definition of "woman" as commie, trans whatnot and says the editors should be shot, raped, and bombed, and he'll do it.

Linked to other similar stuff on the write of Superman (who's now gay?).

Anyway, only other intersesting quote is from his Mom who he lives with who says he has no access to guns, hates trans, and she can control him when she's awake but he goes bonkers online when she goes to bed. He also was arrested (?) and said he wouldn't do this shit again in 2015.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/doj-merri...man-girl-lgbtq

I am a First Amendment attorney, and this case is very interesting. Obviously, the correct thing was for the 2015 court and Mom to take away his computer. But now, its clearly an insanity defense (almost never successful). He doesn't think what he's doing is wrong. Needs help, for sure, but in this society, his threats, even if "hyperbole" are 1) scary and damaging to the recipients, and 2) public and could encourage more violent imitators.

Is this a standard case of online bile, and I'm the only one who thinks its interesting to balance the needs of society, the victims and this freak and weird dude?

Comments

JoeD: 1st Amendment Attorney green

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The guy reminds me a lot of Tony Bigcharles, actually. If this story were about him, it wouldn't surprise me (aside from the living with mom part, as I know he lives by himself).

It is very possible that, like Tony, this guy just spouts off violent "I wish this would happen" or "Someone should do this" threats, but has no intention of actually being violent.

Weird that, of all things, his main focus was on a company publishing a dictionary. There has been huge societal change in the past 10 years regarding gender identity issues, but very little of that can be blamed on dictionaries.

Thread Information