Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Martin Zamani accuses Bryn Kenney of having his stable collude, and tons of other stuff

Load Metric
    Sarah herring sucks and is a total shill. Fire her.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I haven't watched the Kenney interview yet, but I'm not looking forward to it. Or shall I say, I WAS looking forward to it, until I read the reviews of it, and I think it's just going to frustrate me.

With that said, I was one of the few people who defended Mike Matusow's interviewing of Postle, because people didn't understand that Postle was only going to talk to a "friendly" party, and it ended up being the only time he spoke to anyone. A year later, that interview was useful to me in my defense of his lawsuit against me (which ended up being dropped), because Postle admitted to being a public figure, among other things.

Anyway, perhaps I'll watch Sarah (who apparently was friends with Kenney, and thus scored the interview for that reason), and I'll think the same thing. Sometimes there's just no way to get an interview with someone unless they know softballs are coming. I'll comment after I watch it.

In the meantime, here's a Will Jaffe tough convo:

https://twitter.com/dankness3/status/1519046048072753161

Comments

sah_24: Postle interview was terrible ...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I haven't watched the Kenney interview yet, but I'm not looking forward to it. Or shall I say, I WAS looking forward to it, until I read the reviews of it, and I think it's just going to frustrate me.

With that said, I was one of the few people who defended Mike Matusow's interviewing of Postle, because people didn't understand that Postle was only going to talk to a "friendly" party, and it ended up being the only time he spoke to anyone. A year later, that interview was useful to me in my defense of his lawsuit against me (which ended up being dropped), because Postle admitted to being a public figure, among other things.

Anyway, perhaps I'll watch Sarah (who apparently was friends with Kenney, and thus scored the interview for that reason), and I'll think the same thing. Sometimes there's just no way to get an interview with someone unless they know softballs are coming. I'll comment after I watch it.

In the meantime, here's a Will Jaffe tough convo:

https://twitter.com/dankness3/status/1519046048072753161
    Better to watch Joey’s podcast with Doug where they basically watch the interview while commentating on it (Druff style)

Silver
    Load Metric
    I tried to watch this episode of Only Friends and found it frustrating. The Brandi-related episode wasn't bad (albeit erroneous, and they curiously didn't attempt to contact me or Brandon, despite talking about us a lot), but this one seemed to be just a bunch of rambling. I shut this one off after a few minutes.

Can you direct me to the interesting timestamps?
    You don’t like watching 6 people interrupt and talk over each other incessantly for 2 hours a day?

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I'm going to try as hard as I can to clearly break down this story on radio, which will probably be tomorrow on a borrowed computer (mine is being repaired, as it physically fell apart).

There's so many different elements to this whole thing.

Including maybe this fairly soon:

https://twitter.com/BrynKenney/status/1518252735556071425
    Druff put the radio episode out yet?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Radio show released early this morning. Segment on Bryn is almost 3 hours. Enjoy.

Interesting about the Facebook post above.

I wouldn't put cheating past anyone associated with Bryn's stable. That whole group seems like a collection of shady people.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I put out this offer on Twitter, which presently has about 15,000 views:

https://twitter.com/ToddWitteles/status/1519169257111576576

While I have been somewhat critical of Bryn, I have nothing personally against him, and was neutral on the guy prior to this scandal. As promised, I will be respectful and non-combative if we have such an interview, though I will not make it a softball, either.

I doubt he will take me up on it, but it would be great if he did.

Comments

tigerpiper: If anyone knows you and was in this situation and was clean, they'd take that. That's a lof of ifs, though

FRANKRIZZO:

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I put out this offer on Twitter, which presently has about 15,000 views:

https://twitter.com/ToddWitteles/status/1519169257111576576

While I have been somewhat critical of Bryn, I have nothing personally against him, and was neutral on the guy prior to this scandal. As promised, I will be respectful and non-combative if we have such an interview, though I will not make it a softball, either.

I doubt he will take me up on it, but it would be great if he did.
    Keep asking him because you would hold his feet to the fire. That interview he did with Sarah was terrible. She has known him for a long time and they are definitely friends. Right there that should disqualify her from interviewing Bryn. I felt like she was setting him up for his rehearsed answers and most of it was a pure softball. He answered pretty much nothing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Zamani posted these "proof" texts that Bryn was "lying" in his Pokernews interview.

Some people countered that Zamani could have photoshopped these Whatsapp conversations. In my expert opinion involving decades of detecting online bullshitters, I believe these are authentic. However, given Zamani's shady history, and given the relative ease in taking a real conversation and splicing in some fake portions, we can't be sure.

If Bryn doesn't come forward and say these are fake, though, then they're probably real.

https://twitter.com/martin_zamani/status/1521623510132527104

Also, the "Cocksucker Miscikowsi" name has really stuck, as has the term "CSM" coined by Doug Polk. Brandon Shack-Harris even has his Twitter name listed as "Cocksucker Misikowski" at the moment. If David Miscikowski shows his face at WSOP, I'm sure everyone's gonna be thinking "cocksucker" as he walks by.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm going to post the PFA Radio show about Bryn's interview later tonight.

In the meantime, apparently Pokernews got and authenticated text messages to/from Bryn. Matt Berkey summarized it below:

https://twitter.com/berkey11/status/1522265946068439044

You can also read the Pokernews article here: https://www.pokernews.com/news/2022/...ting-41132.htm

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sah_24 View Post
    Poker players being scumbags who could have thunk it. Where is captain ethical DNEGs, isn't he a GG shill ... oh how the cycles repeat

I tried to listen to Mike's show but as always he was just talking about how good he was at poker and how he could have never lost at online poker back in the day (and licked Hellmuth's balls repeatedly) ...
    Listened to whole segment on radio. So much bs by Kryn , what a good guy he was , Very well covered by Tod GG doesn't have clean hands and probably knew what was going on. Very shady to have an agent meant only to be played from Usa the biggest no no. I still don't understand why can't play poker in ny now that sports betting is legal. No pokers though. Zero chance guy would come on to pfa druff would eviscerate him
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 05-08-2022 at 06:05 PM.

Load Metric
    Things took a weird turn tonight. Apparently there’s a story out about Bryn offering up two ME seats out of the kindness of his heart. Couldn’t resist and help but wonder if the winners would be required to wear Google glass and allow Bryn to ghost through them. 🤦*♂️😉

Load Metric
    Why isn't gg facing a backlash for letting usa players vpn onto the site?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    Things took a weird turn tonight. Apparently there’s a story out about Bryn offering up two ME seats out of the kindness of his heart. Couldn’t resist and help but wonder if the winners would be required to wear Google glass and allow Bryn to ghost through them. ��*♂️��
    Yup. Actually he's offering one, and adding to an existing giveaway which is otherwise generous and non-controversial.

https://twitter.com/BrynKenney/status/1524860438885765120

https://twitter.com/Greekstein/status/1525026836102541312

https://twitter.com/NadyaKGB/status/1524908160972095492

https://twitter.com/BrynKenney/status/1524930658002317312

https://twitter.com/BrynKenney/status/1525157789642809344

I agree with Berkey here. She should not allow Bryn to openly donate one of the seats, in order to get "credit" for doing something nice. If Bryn wants to run his own free Main Event seat contest, that's up to him. However, Nadya should not allow Bryn to nose his way into her well-regarded contests in order to improve his own image.

Nadya has run several contests over the last year or so, open to women only, to get free seats to events. Not sure why she's letting Bryn involve himself here, given that these contests were well-liked by everyone.

Load Metric
    I agree with Berkey here. She should not allow Bryn to openly donate one of the seats, in order to get "credit" for doing something nice. If Bryn wants to run his own free Main Event seat contest, that's up to him. However, Nadya should not allow Bryn to nose his way into her well-regarded contests in order to improve his own image.

Nadya has run several contests over the last year or so, open to women only, to get free seats to events. Not sure why she's letting Bryn involve himself here, given that these contests were well-liked by everyone.
    Although it is beyond transparent why Bryn is offering this and making sure he gets the credit publicly, we all know that all kinds of money from nefarious sources is part of the ecosystem. I’m sure it’s overall a very small percentage, but we all know the deal.

I understand that this “donation” is a direct gift from a controversial source, but is Nadya really expected to turn down this 10K under the current circumstances? It’s not like this is from ISIS or Al Qauda or Harvey Weinstein. 10K is 10K.

If Bryn wants to put me in to the main I’m snap saying yes. I’ve also been running like the plague, so I may have to accept from Harvey as well, but I would draw the line with ISIS.

I understand Druff being a successful well regarded pro for a long time and Berkey who it seems doesn’t need to depend on actual poker profit to make a living to be able to take a stronger moral stance. To be fair, they may take that stance regardless of current situation.

To be clear, I respect that stance. But that seat can go to someone without the roll to buyin and it’s just tough to turn this coin down for so many imho. We know poker is harder than ever before and there are so many “pros” in and out of action. A main event seat is an invaluable chance to build a roll in 2 weeks. Tough to turn down.

I also realize that Zamani’s defense for basically everything he did was he was busto and needed to be staked by Bryn to stay in action. But something doesn’t quite sit right about that being an excuse for everything. There is for sure a lot of gray area here and self rationalizations. Of which admittedly I am guilty of as well in this post.

I would love to have a strict moral code which I adhere to regardless of circumstance. But I guess I do not. Would love to always do the righteous thing but life isn’t always smooth sailing. I don’t think my moral compass is that flexible. Or at least that’s my hope. But I do think that turning this saet down is a tough ask for Nadya to do.

Comments

sah_24: yes she should turn down 10k from a scammer looking to repair his PR image ...
    Last edited by JeffDime; 05-14-2022 at 03:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I still think Nadya should have simply said, "Thanks, but due to the recent controversy involving you, this isn't something I want to inject myself into. If you wish to give away a seat, perhaps you can run your own contest and also award one to a female?"

I don't so much care where the money was "sourced" (Berkey's apparent concern), but more that a third party is allowing Kenney to use their well-regarded contest to repair his image.

In short, Kenney should have been told, "Run your own contest to repair your image, hands off of mine."

Comments

JeffDime: Agree that would have been optimal way to go about it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post

Although it is beyond transparent why Bryn is offering this and making sure he gets the credit publicly, we all know that all kinds of money from nefarious sources is part of the ecosystem. I’m sure it’s overall a very small percentage, but we all know the deal.

I understand that this “donation” is a direct gift from a controversial source, but is Nadya really expected to turn down this 10K under the current circumstances? It’s not like this is from ISIS or Al Qauda or Harvey Weinstein. 10K is 10K.

If Bryn wants to put me in to the main I’m snap saying yes. I’ve also been running like the plague, so I may have to accept from Harvey as well, but I would draw the line with ISIS.

I understand Druff being a successful well regarded pro for a long time and Berkey who it seems doesn’t need to depend on actual poker profit to make a living to be able to take a stronger moral stance. To be fair, they may take that stance regardless of current situation.

To be clear, I respect that stance. But that seat can go to someone without the roll to buyin and it’s just tough to turn this coin down for so many imho. We know poker is harder than ever before and there are so many “pros” in and out of action. A main event seat is an invaluable chance to build a roll in 2 weeks. Tough to turn down.

I also realize that Zamani’s defense for basically everything he did was he was busto and needed to be staked by Bryn to stay in action. But something doesn’t quite sit right about that being an excuse for everything. There is for sure a lot of gray area here and self rationalizations. Of which admittedly I am guilty of as well in this post.

I would love to have a strict moral code which I adhere to regardless of circumstance. But I guess I do not. Would love to always do the righteous thing but life isn’t always smooth sailing. I don’t think my moral compass is that flexible. Or at least that’s my hope. But I do think that turning this saet down is a tough ask for Nadya to do.
    This is exactly why the poker world looks like it does and always will lols ...

Comments

JeffDime: FU

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTickle View Post
    The accusations that Bryn could see computer screens could explain how GG has "irrefutable evidence" (as Bonomo put it) that Schindler and Ali were cheating while playing. Is GG recording our computer screens when we play?

Live Poker is Real poker

Thread Information