View Poll Results: What did the person at the Dodgers hotline do for me?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing -- they told me to leave the house earlier next time

6 27.27%
  • They brought me two hoodies they had in the back

6 27.27%
  • They brought me one hoody and another promotional item left over from the past

8 36.36%
  • They brought me 4 hoodies to make up for previous disappointment

1 4.55%
  • They moved us up to great dugout seats due to the repeated inconvenience

0 0%
  • They ejected us from the stadium for hassling them with this dumb phone call

0 0%
  • Don't know / don't care

1 4.55%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JEW Make the Call: Dodgers customer service line edition

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    1. Show me a professional team that does giveaways for 100% of attendance. None do. You’re just flat wrong and will NEVER admit it.

2. 40,000 people always somehow find a way in before you yet you continue to say you couldn’t possibly get in. You sound like whiny sloppy entitled soyboy.

2a. Imagine if all 10,000 who didn’t get the hoodie called guest services. Then you’d be bitching about long hold times…….
    I don't know about other teams' giveaways.

I do know that Dodger Stadium is unique regarding the difficulty people have getting in. It's also unique in that there's almost zero walk-up fans. Just about everyone arrives by car.

The advantage comes to those who are coming from somewhat nearby, or those who are coming in a direction with less rush hour traffic. If you are both far away and in the direction of traffic, you are fucked when leaving for a night game, unless you want to leave like 3.5 hours before gametime, which I'm not doing. That's my situation.

The simple fact is that it is physically impossible to get all of the cars through their 5 gates in the 90 minutes prior to game time.

All 10,000 people wouldn't call customer service over this. Human nature is just to be frustrated over something like this, grumble about it, and move on. However, I'd love it if 10,000 people called customer service over this matter each promotional game, because the Dodgers would likely change the situation if that many people were complaining each time.

Again, what did I do wrong here? Should I have left 3.5 hours before the game? Did I somehow hurt the Dodgers or do something unethical by calling the fan service line which they widely advertise to call for "any concern"? Why did they bring me these items if I was unreasonable in what I was asking for?

You wanted to call KFC corporate over a cookie, so you're the last one who should be talking any shit here.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: lol @cookie

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Need pics of this epic hoodie and the Tommy Lasorda gas station coins that 'made you happy', lol fucking clown.
    I was with my kid, idiot.

He was disappointed sitting in traffic for over 2 hours, only to once again barely fall short of getting the item they were giving away.

At that point, my choice was to call the widely promoted customer service line and see if they could dig up some from the office, or tell my son tough shit, and that we have to leave 3.5 hours in advance if we want anything next time. Ben was very happy with the result of the call.

The Dodgers, with the highest attendance and highest income in baseball, can afford one phone call and bringing me a few cheap items they find around. Compared to the drunks in the bleachers and the gangbangers stabbing each other in the parking lot, I'm a model customer.

Maybe when your kid gets older, you will also do things like this, rather than worrying how a big corporation will feel about you making "entitled" phone calls.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    On a related note, when I am on the road, and going to arrive somewhere at 11pm, I always call the hotel early in the day and ask them to hold a room of my preference.

Typically the room assignment rule is "first come, first served", even though the people checking in at 3pm aren't paying anything extra to have the better room selection than the people arriving at night.

However, I found that almost all hotels will block off a room for you (away from elevator, quiet side of the building, high floor, whatever), if you just call during the day and ask them to do so. Otherwise you get the shittiest rooms in the place if you're one of the last ones in for the night.

Maybe you will say that this is "entitled" behavior. Why should I get my choice of rooms like the early birds, when everyone else arriving at 11pm like me has to choose from the shit ones?

Because I think of making that call, and I want my family to have the room with the better location. If the hotel will do it for me, why the fuck not?

That's always how I've operated. If you are constantly worried about "What if everyone did X?" or "Do I really deserve Y?", then you are going to get walked on in life. As long as you're not cheating, stealing, angling, or scamming, trying to get the best situation for yourself or your family is typically the way to go, especially when it comes to dealing with large companies.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Need pics of this epic hoodie and the Tommy Lasorda gas station coins that 'made you happy', lol fucking clown.

He was disappointed sitting in traffic for over 2 hours, only to once again barely fall short of getting the item they were giving away.

At that point, my choice was to call the widely promoted customer service line and see if they could dig up some from the office, or tell my son tough shit, and that we have to leave 3.5 hours in advance if we want anything next time. Ben was very happy with the result of the call.

The Dodgers, with the highest attendance and highest income in baseball, can afford one phone call and bringing me a few cheap items they find around. Compared to the drunks in the bleachers and the gangbangers stabbing each other in the parking lot, I'm a model customer.

Maybe when your kid gets older, you will also do things like this, rather than worrying how a big corporation will feel about you making "entitled" phone calls.
    I would probably just buy him a hoodie that fits and isn't plastered with advertisements.

He was happy getting gas station tokens with a fat dead manager on them? Imagine how happy he would be had you bought him a sweatshirt.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

I would probably just buy him a hoodie that fits and isn't plastered with advertisements.

He was happy getting gas station tokens with a fat dead manager on them? Imagine how happy he would be had you bought him a sweatshirt.
    The fat dead manager is one of the most beloved Dodger icons.

I'm still not understanding your point. It's not like I made him walk 2 miles in the snow to get the free stuff. I made a 5-minute call from the seat while we watched the beginning of the game, and the stuff was brought to me. The game was 3 hours long, so this didn't exactly cut into our time together. Are you saying that I should have gotten us up from our seats and gone to the in-stadium gear store, and spend money on a hoodie, when a quick phone call yielded this stuff delivered for free?

Gold
    Load Metric

Lol @ this Soccer Hooligan trying to pwm.

Load Metric

Great colors for you, a good option when you're in the barrio for Jack in the Box.

PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Druff repeatedly saying he did it for the disappointed kid, but then keeping the hoodie for himself while spewing racist vitriol is definitely one of the funnier threads on PFA atm.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Druff repeatedly saying he did it for the disappointed kid, but then keeping the hoodie for himself while spewing racist vitriol is definitely one of the funnier threads on PFA atm.
    Where is the racist vitriol? I talked about drunks and gangbangers. I didn't say what race they were. Sounds like someone here is a midwest racist himself.

Benjamin won't have much use for the hoodie unless he wants to wait about 7 years to grow into it. That's why I asked them if they could find a second, smaller one, and they couldn't. However, when they brought the Lasorda coins, he was happy with that.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Los Dodgers…bleh.

Is everyone at the game a fatty.

Load Metric
    Thread sidejack! Gonna throw out some baseball topics rather than pile on Druff's ballpark arriveaments. I mean, I wanna roast him for his arrival time, becaue its fun to roast Todd, but I also could walk to Fenway in roughly 2 hours, so my calculations are different.

Druff, how does Benjamin handle game length? How do you keep him engaged during the game? Is it special enough where you don;t have to do any weird shit to keep him cool with sitting still for 3 hours plus? Food is obv good for an inning or 3, there'll be a few innings that keep his attention by itself, but how is he with the downtime? Do you distract him with baseball things on your phone or in the program when it gets slow? What's your "OK we gotta leave" time, or symbol? Is Ben a future Bill James geek, who is interested in every small decision and why?

Tell us the good and the challenging parts of introducing your lil guy to baseball.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Thread sidejack! Gonna throw out some baseball topics rather than pile on Druff's ballpark arriveaments. I mean, I wanna roast him for his arrival time, becaue its fun to roast Todd, but I also could walk to Fenway in roughly 2 hours, so my calculations are different.

Druff, how does Benjamin handle game length? How do you keep him engaged during the game? Is it special enough where you don;t have to do any weird shit to keep him cool with sitting still for 3 hours plus? Food is obv good for an inning or 3, there'll be a few innings that keep his attention by itself, but how is he with the downtime? Do you distract him with baseball things on your phone or in the program when it gets slow? What's your "OK we gotta leave" time, or symbol? Is Ben a future Bill James geek, who is interested in every small decision and why?

Tell us the good and the challenging parts of introducing your lil guy to baseball.
    I never leave the game early. The only time I'd maaaaaaybe consider it would be a super blowout regular season game, like if the Dodgers are down 12-2 in the 8th. But fortunately we haven't been to a game like that.

Ben is 11 now, so he is pretty engaged. As I said in an earlier post, he actually is more excited about the atmosphere of being at the game than the baseball itself, though he does get excited when big moments happen or when a good play is made. He likes doing the wave (and noticing when it's starting up and might be coming), hitting beach balls, doing the 7th inning stretch, watching for foul balls coming close to us, and eating Dodger Dogs.

I don't want to be the dad "forcing" my kid to have my interests, so I always ask him if he wants to go, and throw in something like, "I could go with X (some male friend's name) instead", and he always insists I take him.

If there's a giveaway, receiving the giveaway item is also part of the atmosphere of being at the game, which is the main reason I was so disappointed to repeatedly just fall short of it.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: Good stuff. ❤️

Sloppy Joe: Dadding hard, can't wait for it when there's awareness

Thread Information