Thread: FYI: Better Call Saul S6 just started airing on AMC

Platinum
    Load Metric

FYI: Better Call Saul S6 just started airing on AMC

I have Youtube TV and saved it and didn't quite watch the episode yet.

However, I did watch a pretty funny "American Greed" episode of James Mcgill that apparently auto-saved for me but must have dropped approximately 1 day ago. It aired on AMC and the length is 10:29.

Take note: the American Greed episode only fits well if you've already seen BB and the other BCS episodes through season 5.

The American Greed episode is titled:

- American Greed: James McGill

Other than that, it looks like they dropped two episodes tonight titled:

- Wine and Roses

- Carrot and Stick

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: bonertine started covid

country978: s5 was excellent

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    i wish they would just drop the whole season instead of making me wait week by week to watch these episodes. shoutout to bonertine for jinxing us all with "covid" and delaying my gratification even further

Load Metric
    First 3 seasons of BCS were ok. Seasons 4 & 5 were very good. Jimmy's brother Chuck slowed the show down. Cannot remember another series where killing off a character improved the show so much. Looking forward to season 6. But waiting till it has all been aired to watch.
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    i wish they would just drop the whole season instead of making me wait week by week to watch these episodes. shoutout to bonertine for jinxing us all with "covid" and delaying my gratification even further

It’s always been a slow paced show but I’ve enjoyed the Jimmy/Kim storyline. The cartel scenes can be really drawn out and do lose my attention at times. I think if I didn’t watch most episodes during the first airing, I probably would fast forward through some of that.

Can’t fault the long hiatus beat seen 5 & 6 given the pandemic and Bob Odenkirk’s heart attack. But the hiatus between when 4 & 5 was brutally long. This last season will have 13 episodes rather than the usual 10, but comes with a break from May 23- July 11. In the end we will have 63 episodes in about 7 & 1/2 years.

They wouldn’t of gotten away with drawing this out so long if it weren’t for most viewers being loyal fans of Breaking Bad. The show has been good but not good enough to get away with this if it was a stand alone series, rather than a prequel to a very high acclaimed show.

Johnathan Bank’s character has always been meant to be a supporting role. I think they force fed us a little too much of him in the earlier seasons and have cut that down to a more reasonable amount of time. Although it’s been so long I have almost forgot a bunch of shit. It’s also just not a show to rewatch. The pacing is just to slow.

The series has really become about what happens to Kim and to a less extent Nacho. We know for the most part what becomes of Jimmy/Mike/Gus. This was not all basically preordained like Breaking Bad. They have been writing this as it goes. I can’t see them having her killed. That would really leave the audience pissed off. How they will have her disappear completely from Jimmy but still above ground is the question.

Also I did see a recent interview with the actress who plays Kim on YouTube where she says they still are doing ADR for the final season. Given that and the 2 month break I don’t think they even have the episodes to release at once. The certainly have taken liberties here. The fact the show is finite and I don’t think AMC has much else going on as far as current shows, I guess there never has been much of a rush to get these out.
    Last edited by JeffDime; 04-24-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Load Metric
    Let’s get something straight Jeff. We aren’t being force fed anything when it comes to Johnathan Banks. As good a character as Saul is I’d take a Backstory show based on Mike over Saul any day of the week.

The episode in the first season when they got into when/how his son died he should have won an Emmy for.

Comments

WillieMcFML: GOAT scene mike is god /thread

Gordman:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Netflix has the new episodes and the old.

I just couldn’t. The hiatus seems like forever. At this point I’ll wait til they all drop.

I finally saw “Margin Call”. 2011. I swear I’ve never seen it before. Meh.

Big Short book > Big Short movie > Margin Call (distant 3rd) entertaining though.

Btw, someone else in the house was watching Netflix on an Apple TV. Same IP. I got a warning about too many people using the account. I could pay an additional $5.50/mo for expanded use of some such shit.

Man, Netflix gagging on a dick. They obv be hurtin’. I’ll cancel them in a city minute.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I just couldn’t. The hiatus seems like forever. At this point I’ll wait til they all drop.

Big Short book > Big Short movie > Margin Call (distant 3rd) entertaining though.

Btw, someone else in the house was watching Netflix on an Apple TV. Same IP. I got a warning about too many people using the account. I could pay an additional $5.50/mo for expanded use of some such shit.

Man, Netflix gagging on a dick. They obv be hurtin’. I’ll cancel them in a city minute.

I hear ya . Im likely going to be canceling my netflix soon at least for a while. I just constantly look at the lineup and ask myself "why again am i paying for this subscription?"

Btw though, fwiw the latest BCS season is not on Netflix. They recently added season 5 on Netflix which was aired a couple years ago.

Season 6, which just started airing last week, is only on AMC week by week (as far as i know).That probably wont be added to Netflix for quite a while. Based on what you were saying, I didn’t know if you realized this so i figured it pass that along.

Anyway, i think its time for me to finally get a good VPN and learn how to utilize it.

Load Metric

I hear ya . Im likely going to be canceling my netflix soon at least for a while. I just constantly look at the lineup and ask myself "why again am i paying for this subscription?"

Btw though, fwiw the latest BCS season is not on Netflix. They recently added season 5 on Netflix which was aired a couple years ago.

Season 6, which just started airing last week, is only on AMC week by week (as far as i know).That probably wont be added to Netflix for quite a while. Based on what you were saying, I didn’t know if you realized this so i figured it pass that along.

Anyway, i think its time for me to finally get a good VPN and learn how to utilize it.
    I’ll be damned. I really didn’t look that close. I loved Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. I just feel like I’m going backward somehow. Been there and done that. Hard to explain.

I have so many clickers and accounts. It’s gotten way out of hand. Yes, I don’t watch very much on Netflix. I hardly look at it.

Going between ESPN+ & MLBtv on the Amazon Firestick is not as easy as hitting the “LAST”
    Button. I still have Verizon cable prolly cause I’m old. I really feel like my TV experience is primitive right now.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I’ll be damned. I really didn’t look that close. I loved Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. I just feel like I’m going backward somehow. Been there and done that. Hard to explain.

I have so many clickers and accounts. It’s gotten way out of hand. Yes, I don’t watch very much on Netflix. I hardly look at it.

Going between ESPN+ & MLBtv on the Amazon Firestick is not as easy as hitting the “LAST”
    Button. I still have Verizon cable prolly cause I’m old. I really feel like my TV experience is primitive right now.

Honestly, when they added the "new" episodes of BCS on netflix a few weeks back I was like "hell yeah!". And then i started watching them and i was like...wait a minute...ive already seen season 5 a couple years ago! Fuck! It really threw me for a loop

At least the new episodes of season 6 are coming out on AMC now, but it would certainly have been nice to be able to binge watch them!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Let’s get something straight Jeff. We aren’t being force fed anything when it comes to Johnathan Banks. As good a character as Saul is I’d take a Backstory show based on Mike over Saul any day of the week.

The episode in the first season when they got into when/how his son died he should have won an Emmy for.
    one of my favorite scenes ever - i probably watched it 12 times in the weeks after it came out

Comments

Gordman: Great scene. He definitely got robbed of an Emmy
    Last edited by WillieMcFML; 04-25-2022 at 10:09 PM.
    Hi Lew!!!

Gold
    Load Metric
    I just finished s6 on Netflix. I'm confused about Nacho because even though he was killed in BCS he was a character on Breaking Bad. Did I confuse a timeline or something? Great season - excellent ending.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by country978 View Post
    I just finished s6 on Netflix. I'm confused about Nacho because even though he was killed in BCS he was a character on Breaking Bad. Did I confuse a timeline or something? Great season - excellent ending.
    He was not a character in Breaking Bad, although he was mentioned by Saul when Walt and Jesse kidnapped him and took him out to the desert to intimidate him. But he was never physically in the series.

Comments

country978: thanks bro i thought he had been in breaking bad. i was sure of it.

Thread Information