Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    BREAKING: YOEL ROTH OUT AT TWITTER

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Let’s GOOOOOOO!!!!
    The biggest snowflake of them all. Worth the 44B purchase just to get rid of him.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Breaking News: Twitter employees are upset because Musk is gonna actually make them work.

I think he's gonna reduce headcount by 75%. If he can successfully pull that off, I don't see why other big tech firms wouldn't follow his lead. The shareholders are gonna demand it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Small_Banana View Post
    Breaking News: Twitter employees are upset because Musk is gonna actually make them work.

I think he's gonna reduce headcount by 75%. If he can successfully pull that off, I don't see why other big tech firms wouldn't follow his lead. The shareholders are gonna demand it.

food for thought... if twitter declares bankruptcy i believe it freezes the debt payments on the 27bn loans he took out.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    need a venn diagram of the overlap of celebrities who said they were moving to canada when trump won, but still live in the u.s. and those saying that they're leaving twitter

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Yeah, but this deal allowed Musk the legal wiggle room to unload a massive amount of fraudulently price-inflated Tesla shares. So even at such a steep valuation drop, he’s probably still well into the black on the matter.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Elon Musk is firing all the losers that gave me a lifetime suspension on Twitter. I hope it continues. Thank you Elon.

Twitter resignations in the last 24 hours:
    - Head of Trust and Safety Yoel Roth
    - Sales VP Robin Wheeler
    - CISO Lea Kissner
    - Chief privacy officer Damien Kieran
    - Chief compliance officer Marianne Fogarty

Silver
    Load Metric
    50% of staff fired and Twitter still works. That is a savings of nearly a billion dollars in total compensation. I want all those snowflakes at Twitter unemployed.

Load Metric

Comments

Sanlmar:
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Musk will have lost more than SBF

Load Metric
    Name:  8B1C1A8C-E74C-4754-92C0-9155E3E2CF01.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  49.1 KB

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20221113_102340.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  611.9 KB

Load Metric
    Apparently twitter is down to 325 employees and could cease working at any moment.

Name:  B57C1698-E4A3-44B1-B268-DFEA1A50BAF6.jpeg
Views: 177
Size:  30.3 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Apparently twitter is down to 325 employees and could cease working at any moment.

Name:  B57C1698-E4A3-44B1-B268-DFEA1A50BAF6.jpeg
Views: 177
Size:  30.3 KB
    not buying it

Load Metric
    n

POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Everyone panicking that Twitter is going to permanently close.

I don't see it happening.

Let me count the ways:

1) Twitter can mostly run itself in the short term. Even with the offices closed, and extremely short staffed, all they need to do is keep the servers running, and it will be fine while Elon figures out what to do.

2) The employees are not unreplaceable. There are a shitload of programmers, software engineers, and other staff who will gladly take the Twitter job for the right money, even if required to work 12 hours a day. In fact, 12 hour workdays are not uncommon in tech companies, anyway.

3) Elon put $44b into this thing. He's not just going to throw up his hands and shut it down because of some initial adversity.

With that said, he fucked up two things so far:

1) Blue checkmarks. Never had a coherent plan to sufficiently monetize it (lol $8), nor how to prevent impersonation/trolling with it. This has been an embarrassment, and it shouldn't have been hard to get right on the first try.

2) Employee relations. No doubt Twitter was bloated with a lot of do-nothing Silicon Valley wokes mostly wasting the day and collecting a large salary for it. His downsizing decision was correct. However, his messages have been mixed, and he's changing too much, too quickly. His supposed goal in purchasing Twitter was to make it a free speech platform, while also making it profitable. He should have first clearly explained what was and wasn't allowed on Twitter, and then explained the new company vision at an all hands meeting for employees. At that point, he should have given some sort of "transition out in exchange for severance" offer to those who didn't like his vision, in exchange for a non-disparagement agreement. Then, among the remaining employees, he should have determined how many of them he really needed, and done layoffs of extraneous staff. Then, after all of that was stable, he should have started transitioning the new corporate culture of long hours, again with a severance and non-disaparagement agreement for those who did not like it.

The above wouldn't have been perfect, but it would have been a much less painful way to transform the company.

Here he just showed up and haphazardly took a sledgehammer to the entire work culture, and obviously it's not working out well.

Elon, if you are reading this, hit me up on Twitter to offer me a consulting job. But I'm not living in that shithole known as San Francisco. Thanks.

Load Metric
    PFA will outlast twitter and is more profitable.

Can you imagine doing ad sales for twitter? Elon prolly fired that guy too.

There is no possible way Elon gets my credit card number for his ill conceived Blue Checkmarks. Same idiot that fired the guy who is responsible for access controls (card reader). Building security is a requirement for PCI Compliance - Securing Credit Card Information

Elon either has no plan or he won’t listen to those under him who do.

Elon loves social media. In the midst of Twitter and running 3 other companies he spends at least an hour mouthing off about SBF-FTX as panelist on a YouTube podcast. Todd loves hot dog on a stick but he doesn’t buy the hot dog stand.

Fail company

Comments

Dan Druff: lol
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 11-17-2022 at 08:36 PM.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Elon says that Twitter traffic is at an all time high. 80% of employees in Corporate America are useless and he knows it. Supposedly the headcount has been reduced by 88%. I don't think he needs more than 500 employees to run it. He should just put it on autopilot right now and not make any changes to the software until all the snowflakes have been purged from the company.

Load Metric
    Elon says that Twitter traffic is at an all time high. 80% of employees in Corporate America are useless and he knows it. Supposedly the headcount has been reduced by 88%. I don't think he needs more than 500 employees to run it. He should just put it on autopilot right now and not make any changes to the software until all the snowflakes have been purged from the company.

first they will start pushing features before they are vetted, then they will get hacked for it and lose all their PII which will end up on the darkweb, which they will be sued for failing to meet the minimum compliance standards for protecting eventually, but before that and shortly after they start getting woken up by texts from reporters at theintercept.com at 3am and everyone tries to pile into the slack war room with legal at 3:01am, they will be treated with a skull and crossbones counting down how long they have before the amount of BTC they have to pay to unlock their infrastructure doubles.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

first they will start pushing features before they are vetted, then they will get hacked for it and lose all their PII which will end up on the darkweb, which they will be sued for failing to meet the minimum compliance standards for protecting eventually, but before that and shortly after they start getting woken up by texts from reporters at theintercept.com at 3am and everyone tries to pile into the slack war room with legal at 3:01am, they will be treated with a skull and crossbones counting down how long they have before the amount of BTC they have to pay to unlock their infrastructure doubles.

ok honestly tho lol at even thinking they stay online long enough for any of that to happen. most of the critical infrastructure = actual literal ghostships; the only staff who knew how to support them who hadnt been laid off resigned today.

Thread Information