Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk To Launch Hostile Take-Over Of Twitter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I also love the left's recent discovery that "OMG FREE SPEECH LEADS TO HATE SPEECH AND MISINFORMATION".

Yes, free speech does have the side effects of hate speech and misinformation. This was known back in the very early days of the United States, when the first amendment was written, and free speech was supported anyway because its good outweighs its bad.

But I love these millennials and college students thinking they just realized something profound, and that we need to finally take a stand to "prevent hate speech and misinformation", as if it's so simple to do that and retain free speech rights and a healthy public discussion.

Speech censorship is the beginning of fascism. In fact, there is no regime in history where fascism rose while freedom of speech was allowed. If you really are against fascism, you must support free and open speech, even the unpleasant or incorrect kind.
    Ridiculous argument. You cannot compare a pre internet world to today. As it stands, generally, individuals have the ability to cast their message to the masses, right or wrong. Fascist regimes faced no such competition but they did control what was available. Fascist movements imposed totalitarian rule. This does not equate to the overseeing of a media platform like no other.

When is the last time you presented your opinions through print media. Do you for a minute believe a news outlet will print or broadcast your opinions as is? Op ed is your only hope and you can be sure editors/lawyers are all over it before being published.
    It's apples and oranges.

I know you Yankees get all crazy with your very special freedoms but ultimately private enterprise will demand a media with regulations.
    Regulations.......oooooohhhhh, scary. You live with them every day.
    Last edited by limitles; 12-11-2022 at 01:20 PM.

Load Metric
    Just a reminder. Imagine being the richest man jn the world and your children still hating you. In fairness I’ve never seen Elon show any compassion towards his family nor kids. Not sure if he is capable of it honestly. Say what you want about trump but he did care about his kids, not including Tiffany.

https://amp.tmz.com/2022/06/20/elon-...-court-filing/

Comments

NaturalBornHustler: shut the fuck up. Bien raped his daughter.

sonatine: lmao mad

Load Metric
    Elon now the bigger boogyman than Trump?

#achievementunlocked

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Just a reminder. Imagine being the richest man jn the world and your children still hating you. In fairness I’ve never seen Elon show any compassion towards his family nor kids. Not sure if he is capable of it honestly. Say what you want about trump but he did care about his kids, not including Tiffany.

hes just a malignant narcissist.

like seriously just read the dsm guidelines, its all there in black and white.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Exactly. Trump only cares about how his kids’ image reflects on him. Oh, and he’d like to fuck Ivanka,
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Yes, I have noticed this about Elon. He seems to just be able to walk away from his kids and not give much of a shit. No matter how rich I was, I could never do this, even if I had a bunch of them.

Elon has stated before that he has Asperger's (I don't know if this is true), so maybe that has something to do with it.

Trump indeed has been close to his children. Not sure why Tiffany is on a lower rung, but she's not estranged from him, either.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Calling it his "home turf" isn't very honest.

It's San Francisco. Of course they boo him. That city is almost entirely liberal, and the libs hate Musk right now.

Nothing to see here, move on.

Load Metric

It's San Francisco. Of course they boo him. That city is almost entirely liberal, and the libs hate Musk right now.

People in San Fran booing a guy who fired 85% of his workforce and now his company operates even better. Yeah, total shocker.

Going to be funny when every SV CEO follows suit.

Learn to mine, bitches.

Load Metric

Load Metric

SF libs were Tesla stans as Sonatine oft pointed out. It was also my experience with the rich liberals who frequented our biz and arrived in those cars.

Except TSLA is drilling today and the common narrative offered is that there is widespread concern that Musk is harming the brand.

I think cars are a commodity and EV’s will be done by EVERYBODY. Instead, TSLA really is a brand more than anything else and Musk is not helping his brand. Which is ironic cause he is PT Barnum.

The guy loves the stage more than the air he breathes.

I keep conflating SBF and Musk in my head. Musk and his scammy promises aren’t quite fraud, I get it. Instead, Musk & SBF are two faces of an era that just snapped shut.

I swear these two were men of the year for Time magazine the past few years or some similar pop culture nonsense. You feel me.

I checked your Twitter for a blue check mark Druff. I don’t think you buy into any of his act really. I think you just like the sound of his voice. You and Musk have that in common.

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-12-2022 at 11:43 AM.

Load Metric

Yes, I have noticed this about Elon. He seems to just be able to walk away from his kids and not give much of a shit. No matter how rich I was, I could never do this, even if I had a bunch of them.

Elon has stated before that he has Asperger's (I don't know if this is true), so maybe that has something to do with it.

Trump indeed has been close to his children. Not sure why Tiffany is on a lower rung, but she's not estranged from him, either.

He doesn’t have Asperger’s. He’s a narcissistic psychopath.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

He doesn’t have Asperger’s. He’s a narcissistic psychopath.

its not an either/or thing, he almost certainly is on both spectrums tho.

anyway.

Silver
    Load Metric
    If you guys want to watch a trainwreck in real time, follow JasonDebolt on twitter. He became twitter famous for sleeping in his car so he could save money to go all in on Tesla stock. He has 45,000 shares. They were worth 18 million at the peak. He borrowed money against those shares to buy a house last year. He tweeted today that he's gonna sell the house to buy more stock.

Comments

Sanlmar: snuff film recommendation +1

Load Metric
    Elon Musk threads are completely f’d up so I’ll put this here.

I recently happened upon this two part series. I’ve never seen anyone sew together and debunk the myths surrounding PT Barnum this neatly.

Most of us are old enough to remember the PayPal origin story. As a consequence, I NEVER EVER used PayPal in my life.

I’m a car guy and knew the true Tesla origin story. This video handles that well.

Hyper loop and all the rest of the lulz. It’s beautiful.

The poor little rich boy origin story that Huckster Elon sells surpassed my understanding.

Part 2 was done in April, I think. I haven’t finished it. Filmed prior to the Twitter court decision that forced, Elon to honor his offer. The video foretold the carnage that the Twitter purchase would wreak on Musk’s personal fortune and the Tesla stock price. As Twitter has devolved into a dumpster fire -frightened Tesla stock holders are selling - Tesla stock is Elon’s means of backstopping Twitters losses. These past three days the TSLA selling has been epic.

It really is an entertaining listen.

Elon and Twitter. Two things I positively have no use for. Doesn’t get any better.

Comments

sonatine: gorgeous
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 12-14-2022 at 09:57 PM.

Load Metric
    everyone should take a deep breath and internalize that when the government has to nationalize tesla's infrastructure to keep 8,000,000'ish cars from bricking in america alone, nothings ever going to be the same.

too big to fuckin fail folks.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Small_Banana View Post
    If you guys want to watch a trainwreck in real time, follow JasonDebolt on twitter. He became twitter famous for sleeping in his car so he could save money to go all in on Tesla stock. He has 45,000 shares. They were worth 18 million at the peak. He borrowed money against those shares to buy a house last year. He tweeted today that he's gonna sell the house to buy more stock.
    https://twitter.com/jasondebolt/status/1603445951544164352

Comments

sonatine: breath taking

Load Metric
    Elon Musk asks Twitter investors for more money

The news was first reported by Semafor and confirmed to Axios by an investor who received the letter.

https://www.axios.com/2022/12/16/elo...r-new-investor

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

The news was first reported by Semafor and confirmed to Axios by an investor who received the letter.

Elon is a snake. Probably will say I didn't get any takers so I gotta dump more Tesla stock.

Silver
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/jasondebolt/status/1603445951544164352
    He has about 6.5 million left worth of stock. Maybe 2 million on margin he used for the house. If that house doesn't sell fast enough, he could get a margin call soon and lose his entire position....probably be better off.

https://twitter.com/jasondebolt/status/1603916590973562880

Comments

Sanlmar: ABC down to $64

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

Elon is a snake. Probably will say I didn't get any takers so I gotta dump more Tesla stock.
    The story goes he’s asking $54/share - the same as his purchase price 8 months ago - a completely different era . Twitter is now worth maybe $10/share given the absence of advertising and the end of the tech bubble.

I don’t know if that figure is true or not but I do believe he is strapped in a big way. I think he is on tilt because he knows he may have blown himself up. Not the jet. Not his kid.

A man of that wealth should have access to the best engineers, the best lawyers, the best managers & consultants in the world. He chose to be impulsive instead.

Popcorn. I can’t turn away from this train wreck.

Thread Information