Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk To Launch Hostile Take-Over Of Twitter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Sounds like something out of Office Space or the show "Silicon Valley"

However, I did have a sort-of-real-life experience which was similar, back in the '90s.

I was working for a very large corporation, as a software developer. For the first two years, I was part of a small department which was producing a lot, and my role there was very important. Then the project shut down in California and was being moved across the country. My choices at that point were either:

1) Move across the country with that group
    2) Accept an assignment into a new group in the same building
    3) Get laid off

I chose the obvious one -- #2, as did almost everyone in my department. Unfortunately, almost all of us got moved to the same new department, which was already bloated and had way too many employees compared to the amount of work needed to be done. I went from incredibly essential to extraneous, in one day.

I was shoved in some cubicle in a different office than most of the other people in the department, meaning I had literally no direct supervision. Everyone else in the physical office worked for a completely different department, and didn't give a shit what I did with my time.

For about a week, I was given a small binder to "get familiar with the program", which took me about 1-2 hours to read, and then they had no work for me for the remainder of the week. I fucked around on the (early) internet for that time.

Then when Monday rolled around again, I was given a new task -- only because I asked for one. I got that done in about 2 hours. I asked my boss, "Okay, what should I do now?", and he responded, "Oh sorry, I thought this would take you a few days. Let me get back to you."

He didn't get back to me.

I felt like Wally from Dilbert, except with an even less demanding job!

I remember saying to myself, "If only I were in my 50s and just showing up to work to collect a paycheck, this would be fucking ideal."

But I was only 26, and wanted more from my young life than a career where I did real work for 2 hours per week and fucked around the other 38. Eventually I quit and went to a small electronics company where they needed drivers and other shit written for their hardware. The good thing was I had loads of time to go on interviews, because nobody cared (or noticed) whether I came or went -- or how late I showed up to work.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Sounds like something out of Office Space or the show "Silicon Valley"

However, I did have a sort-of-real-life experience which was similar, back in the '90s.

I was working for a very large corporation, as a software developer. For the first two years, I was part of a small department which was producing a lot, and my role there was very important. Then the project shut down in California and was being moved across the country. My choices at that point were either:

1) Move across the country with that group
    2) Accept an assignment into a new group in the same building
    3) Get laid off

I chose the obvious one -- #2, as did almost everyone in my department. Unfortunately, almost all of us got moved to the same new department, which was already bloated and had way too many employees compared to the amount of work needed to be done. I went from incredibly essential to extraneous, in one day.

I was shoved in some cubicle in a different office than most of the other people in the department, meaning I had literally no direct supervision. Everyone else in the physical office worked for a completely different department, and didn't give a shit what I did with my time.

For about a week, I was given a small binder to "get familiar with the program", which took me about 1-2 hours to read, and then they had no work for me for the remainder of the week. I fucked around on the (early) internet for that time.

Then when Monday rolled around again, I was given a new task -- only because I asked for one. I got that done in about 2 hours. I asked my boss, "Okay, what should I do now?", and he responded, "Oh sorry, I thought this would take you a few days. Let me get back to you."

He didn't get back to me.

I felt like Wally from Dilbert, except with an even less demanding job!

I remember saying to myself, "If only I were in my 50s and just showing up to work to collect a paycheck, this would be fucking ideal."

But I was only 26, and wanted more from my young life than a career where I did real work for 2 hours per week and fucked around the other 38. Eventually I quit and went to a small electronics company where they needed drivers and other shit written for their hardware. The good thing was I had loads of time to go on interviews, because nobody cared (or noticed) whether I came or went -- or how late I showed up to work.

I have a relative who was in medical sales and they went completely remote, instead of semi-remote, and quit all ride alongs and mostly cared you retained your business. So during Covid, he couldn’t create new business anyway as he couldn’t enter facilities, but had a large 6 figure base, so he ended up taking a new job with another big base and has had both for two years and it’s only now he’s facing a choice. His primary job requires like a 3 hour zoom or conference weekly and a few emails and he worked the second one through zoom and emails. Kind of ethically challenged decision as there are 1099 reps, which is more in line with what’s he doing, but he sat around making zoom calls for two years a few hours a day and made like $300k/year.

He’s close to retirement, so as you said, like let’s see how long I can ride this out?

Load Metric
    LOL Matt Tiabbi getting flayed, he is a fucking clown.
    The more this incompetent Republican House of Representatives is on TV,
    the more likely there will be a blue wave in 2024.
    This twitter whole thread is him getting his own words shoved right back down his mouth.
    Twitter files have as much credibility as Tucker's version of 1/6. (which is 0 according to the GOP Senate.)

San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    LOL Matt Tiabbi getting flayed, he is a fucking clown.
    The more this incompetent Republican House of Representatives is on TV,
    the more likely there will be a blue wave in 2024.
    This twitter whole thread is him getting his own words shoved right back down his mouth.
    Twitter files have as much credibility as Tucker's version of 1/6. (which is 0 according to the GOP Senate.)

you can't be a real person

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Elon has decided to completely obliterate free blue checkmarks.

I think that's dumb.

The entire purpose of a blue checkmark was to denote that someone (or something) notable was verified to be who they claimed to be.

He already corrupted the blue checkmark by allowing it to be bought, and now he's completely killing its meaning by booting all of the original blue checkmarks, unless they pay.

The smart thing would be to keep the blue check-mark as it always was, and then sell a separate "premium" tag, which would give you access to all the premium features, such as the 2FA security, edit button, and long tweets.

By the way, I HATE the long tweets. You can't read them unless you click through to see them on a separate page. Pain in the ass, and ruins the entire sleek look/feel of Twitter.

You also can't embed them as long tweets, which sucks as well. For sites like these, people again have to click to see the entire thing. Dumb. I tried to look for an embedding option for the entire length of the tweet, and it doesn't exist.

They should hire me at Twitter and I'd fix all this lame shit.

Load Metric
    Remember all those people that Musk fired?

Don’t worry. No one does.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Solid Gold!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Twitter is called "X" now.

Seems to be serious, and not a troll.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1682964919325724673

The X branding has already started on the website.

This is probably a mistake. I know that Elon wants the "X" brand to become dominant within all of his companies, but here he spent $44 billion on this site, partially because it's known worldwide as Twitter. Clearly he wants to make Twitter "his", and not just look like the new owner of someone else's former property.

Still, this rebranding might hurt a lot less than you think -- and perhaps won't hurt at all. While different, notice that other companies successfully rebranded, even though it felt funny at the time. For example, iconic phone company GTE became "Verizon", and while this seemed off-putting, now Verizon feels natural as a phone company, and the whole concept of GTE feels antiquated.

Elon's advantage is that Twitter basically has no competition. Zuck's "Threads" doesn't seem to be catching on, and the other Twitter clones have also flopped.

Elon's bigger problem is advertisers. Since the major corporations stopped advertising on Twitter, because it's not woke anymore, Elon has had to take ads from scam Chinese merchants and other shady businesses.

Banned
    Load Metric
    coincidence that TheXFaggot started this thread ?

I think not

Comments

TheXFactor: Coincidence that you are a tranny fucker?

Load Metric
    Turns out Microsoft owns the trademark on "X" when being used with social media. Elon is big dumb.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  461D6D3D-6F55-41D8-9C95-26D91AC50CA2.jpeg
Views: 210
Size:  799.7 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

Twitter is called "X" now.

Seems to be serious, and not a troll.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1682964919325724673

The X branding has already started on the website.

This is probably a mistake. I know that Elon wants the "X" brand to become dominant within all of his companies, but here he spent $44 billion on this site, partially because it's known worldwide as Twitter. Clearly he wants to make Twitter "his", and not just look like the new owner of someone else's former property.

Still, this rebranding might hurt a lot less than you think -- and perhaps won't hurt at all. While different, notice that other companies successfully rebranded, even though it felt funny at the time. For example, iconic phone company GTE became "Verizon", and while this seemed off-putting, now Verizon feels natural as a phone company, and the whole concept of GTE feels antiquated.

Elon's advantage is that Twitter basically has no competition. Zuck's "Threads" doesn't seem to be catching on, and the other Twitter clones have also flopped.

Elon's bigger problem is advertisers. Since the major corporations stopped advertising on Twitter, because it's not woke anymore, Elon has had to take ads from scam Chinese merchants and other shady businesses.
    Seems pretty stupid, honestly.

Despite my history of TDS I do enjoy seeing folks on the left melt down over changes and losing followers, but the platform is objectively worse since he took over and I don't think an argument to the contrary is out there.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Gold
    Load Metric

Retarded move to rebrand

It's been better sans the previous behind the scenes fuckery of spooks but they are going to funnel the uncensored covid counter argument crowd into a centralized multi service AI fueled dystopian US version of WeChat

Name:  FX_T7Y_VQAAkxV0.0.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  272.7 KB
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by OK2 View Post

Retarded move to rebrand

It's been better sans the previous behind the scenes fuckery of spooks but they are going to funnel the uncensored covid counter argument crowd into a centralized multi service AI fueled dystopian US version of WeChat
    If Americans don’t have a First Amendment they are fucked as a democracy - and we are imo.

Elon says, “no spooks need apply” and you think government interference in the press and Twitter stops? Instead of recruiting Russian spies the CIA will recruit and turn unhappy Twitter employees.

What’s important is the deep state is trying - that’s all you can really ask of post Bush society - that they try.

There is really only one candidate talking about the state of things. He will not be allowed to run. lol, democracy 2023

Load Metric
    omg is xzibit back now this some oppenheimer level shit

Load Metric
    i mean im fucking finding the song right now

Load Metric
    back when 213 meant something

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OK2 View Post

Retarded move to rebrand

If Americans don’t have a First Amendment they are fucked as a democracy - and we are imo.

Elon says, “no spooks need apply” and you think government interference in the press and Twitter stops? Instead of recruiting Russian spies the CIA will recruit and turn unhappy Twitter employees.

What’s important is the deep state is trying - that’s all you can really ask of post Bush society - that they try.

There is really only one candidate talking about the state of things. He will not be allowed to run. lol, democracy 2023
    Nope. There was some exposure of it at least.

You're correct Sagelmar
    RichardBrodiesCombover has aids

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    coincidence that TheXFaggot started this thread ?

I think not
    I was right about Elon buying Twitter before anyone.

I was right about Trump.

And I'm right about you.

You degenerate, meth smoking, tranny fucker.

Load Metric
    So musk went ahead and just took the guys account over who had “x” on Twitter for 16 years. No compensation nothing as reported by user.

Fuck you dutch Boyd
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Thread Information