Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Elon Musk To Launch Hostile Take-Over Of Twitter

Load Metric
    JUST IN - Twitter has "interfered in elections," says Elon Musk.

#shocker

Load Metric
    JUST IN - EU threatens Elon Musk with Twitter ban unless the platform sticks to strict rules and police content, the Financial Times reports.

(Prolly just a coincidence)

Load Metric
    Pfizer pulled its enormous marketing budget from Twitter.

Musk pulled the 'Covid-misinformation community guidelines'.

It's almost like those 'safety guidelines' were nothing more than paid corporate protection to silence the victims of vaccine injury.

Almost LULZ

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Elon was correct to remove the "COVID misinformation" rules.

It is extremely dangerous to censor open discussion platforms based upon supposed "misinformation", because there is no concrete way to determine what actually is misinformation. That determination is very subjective, and we have seen it abused time and time again over the past few years. Remember how you'd get banned for discussing Hunter Biden's laptop?

The snowflakes of today need to understand that misinformation is an unavoidable side effect of free speech. Wherever there is free speech, there will always be misinformation riding along with it, whether intentional or unintentional. Attempting to suppress the misinformation also suppresses (often correct) speech, so that's why you cannot attempt to censor so-called "misinformation". If you cannot stand the presence of misinformation, then you also hate free speech.

This is why the first amendment does not have exceptions for misinformation. Free speech allows you to say things that are untrue. If your speech directly defames and individual or a company, you can be sued for it, but there has always been complete protection for ideological speech, and that's for good reason.

It is very dangerous to leave elites in charge of what subjects we are allowed to talk about, and which narratives we are allowed to challenge.

Comments

devidee: Easy there Mr. Holocaust Denier

Gold
    Load Metric
    Although generally Twitter is better for me now than before, one thing I am getting a lot of that I can do without is all the Cenk Ungar tweets in my feed. I dont think I ever saw a single tweet of his before Elon took over, and now I am seeing a few a day.

Ironically, I appear to be getting these tweets because some IDW/right wing types that I follow (Tim Pool, Bret Weinstein, etc.) follow him (I assume to criticize him) and for some reason I am getting his tweets because of this. What is ironic about this is despite following them I saw very few tweets from these people under the previous regime because they were clearly being throttled, but now that I am getting more of their tweets I guess I am getting Cenk Ungar coming along for the ride.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Wow Twitter's back, whoever used to censor and propagandize the trending section must be now unemployed.
    Our top thought cop is gone hooray!.
    Name:  Kanye24.JPG
Views: 259
Size:  79.4 KB

Whoever used to run the trending was a piece of shit. They'd insert most unpopular woke ideas and shove em down everyone's throat as if they're really ty
    trending.
    Last edited by Entropy; 12-02-2022 at 02:00 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Wow Twitter's back, whoever used to censor and propagandize the trending section must be now unemployed.
    Our top thought cop is gone hooray!.
    Name:  Kanye24.JPG
Views: 259
Size:  79.4 KB

Whoever used to run the trending was a piece of shit. They'd insert most unpopular woke ideas and shove em down everyone's throat as if they're really ty
    trending.
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-12-02 at 7.41.06 AM.png
Views: 249
Size:  58.1 KB

Comments

devidee: Remember when Elon was a nazi?

ok25: You're still an overweight faggot who hides from threads he gets his ass handed to him in. LOL @ you fatass
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Elon learning why neverwinpoker, 4chan, and even 8chan all failed at creating absolutist free speech sites. Extremists always ruined it for everyone.

I will say though it’s fucking amazing to see Elon and Kanye go back and forth just like jewdonk and druff. The reason jewdonk originally changed his name after riptyde was banned from neverwin was to tilt the Jew owners.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Well there goes ALL Twitter's advertising revenue, certain groups are outraged that Kanye only got a 12 hour ban.

How does corporate advertising fund damn near everything? We have to be the biggest bunch of suckers ever.

Tell Kanye that he should use the word corporations instead of Jews. Fucking corporations have unimpeachable power and they do run Hollywood and the media and everything else.
    That's an undisputed fact.

Shame on all of you for not supporting Bernie, now we're proper fucked.

Load Metric
    The changes Musk is making at Twitter are not about allowing gutter talk and trolling to take over the site. It's about stopping the radical, authoritarian left from blocking conservative views.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    I just really wish Kanye would stop suppressing the protesters in China.

(this post was sent from my iPhone)

Load Metric
    Musk is posting proof on Twitter that the Biden campaign colluded directly with twitter to suppress the Hunter laptop story.

And chalk up yet another one for those pesky Spoiler Alert Enthusiasts.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Musk is posting proof on Twitter that the Biden campaign colluded directly with twitter to suppress the Hunter laptop story.

I am shocked!!! I can't believe they would do that!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post

“To be fair” the story covers more ground than just Hunter. Its clear that anyone with influence…. Celebrities, politicians, corporations had a largely ad hock pipeline into twitter to adjust/remove/filter coverage.

I think what is being extrapolated is the amount of people under the hood at twitter that acted as the pipeline were, like most of the company, heavily leaning left. There was no real firm policy and they just made this shit up as they went. If there were 5 people who could make change, 4 left and one right….. stands to reason what the result would be…. Largely unbalanced.

It seems clear to me that @Jack found out what was going on - started to try and correct the issue because he saw what was coming - and hit the eject button.

Load Metric
    weird how when leftist intellectuals start and run a sosh media company, you get a multi billion dollar empire.

and when team retard tries to run anything more complicated than a car wash you get... well... heh.

Comments

splitthis: Delusional trash

devidee: This take is too dumb to even qualify as cope. Jesus

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    weird how when leftist intellectuals start and run a sosh media company, you get a multi billion dollar empire.

and when team retard tries to run anything more complicated than a car wash you get... well... heh.
    A multi-billion dollar empire that never had a profitable year. Libtards don't know how to make money. They only know how to spend money that is earned by someone else.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

A multi-billion dollar empire that never had a profitable year. Libtards don't know how to make money. They only know how to spend money that is earned by someone else.
    In fairness they did a very good job making themselves a lot of money at the expense of Musk and other investors. I know it isn't convenient to the narrative that either side is promoting, so it has been memory holed. But in reality Musk made a horrible offer for an unprofitable company, tried to back out when he realized, and the woke executives running the company refused to let him. Then they cashed out big time leaving most of the employees and investors blowing in the wind.

It really is true

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

oh look the poorest person on this site has no idea how equity works.

i cant imagine what his political affiliation must be.

Load Metric
    Twitter was created by a bunch of hippies, guys!

LULZ, ok.

Thread Information