Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Thread: Elon Musk To Launch Hostile Take-Over Of Twitter

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Elon and the ADL are at war.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1698750300474016250
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1698754179148214495
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1698757795259060562

Here's an article about it: https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/05/elon...-any-kind.html

Elon is at least partially right here. The ADL is actually a left wing group which masquerades as a group fighting antisemitism. Some of their work actually does involve fighting antisemitism, but only if it comes from right wing sources. Not only do they make excuses for prominent left-wing antisemites like Ilhan Omar, but they also go after right wing Jews.

For example, they've recently been bashing Chaya Raichiik, the right wing Orthodox Jew who runs the Libs of Tiktok account. They have been claiming she's "anti-LGBTQ", which isn't even true. But even if it were true, what does this have to do with the ADL? I thought they're supposed to be focused upon antisemitism, not gay/trans issues.

Anyway, it would not surprise me if the ADL has been pressuring advertisers behind the scenes to drop Twitter.

However, Elon cannot fully blame the ADL for all of this. Shortly after he bought Twitter, a lot of major advertisers ran away, as the mainstream media and various left wing groups were insisting that he had turned it into a "hate platform". These companies were terrified to continue advertising on Twitter, fearing boycotts and media attacks, so they just quit running those ads.

Throughout all of 2023, Twitter's advertisers have been a combination of gimmicky websites/services, Chinese merchandise and drop-ship scams, and other low quality shit. Elon is clearly losing money on the site, though he did shed some of the expense by firing a ton of people.

Unfortunately, there isn't much of a solution for this. The left and media branded Twitter as a toxic dump full of hate speech, and it's tough for Elon to shed that label unless they retract it, which they won't. Policy-wise, new Twitter is run far better than old Twitter, as the amount of ideological censorship has greatly decreased, and they are no longer taking marching orders from the government as to what to remove. They are still removing "hate speech" from the platform -- they're just not censoring points of view incorrectly branded as hate speech.

The funny thing, though, is that the same lefties who attacked advertisers for running ads on Twitter are still using the platform. Attempts to move to other platforms have fallen flat. For the most part, everyone is still on Twitter. Those that aren't have mostly quit social media altogether, and haven't replaced Twitter with something else.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Just my personal opinion, but I have been using twitter significantly less the past 6-ish months. Before that I was still hopeful Elon would right the ship but it was getting unusable in my opinion, at least for my use needs. It also still seems I am getting pushed/promoted a large amount of shitty posts from shitty people with shitty opinions on shitty subjects I care nothing about.

If anything I am rightwing/conservative & closer to republican than anything besides libertarian & still find it unusable, Its just become a timeline of bad takes, or information I don't care about & ads I think are horrible.

A Few of the accounts I followed for work have stopped posting, and this is including Trump supporters/etc. All around, My experience is worse, and the content I am being pushed seems to be a mix of conspiracy, hate speech, and random uninteresting facts/spam.

Twitter already had a lot of issues and will continue to (regardless of who and how), BUT hopefully Elon rights the ship sooner than later and can get it to where its at a minimum useable sometime soon, as it was a very central & easy & profitable app to communicate with others.

Comments

Sanlmar: +1

BetCheckBet:
    "Just Do Your Job"

"Discipline or Regret"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by aayjay View Post
    Just my personal opinion, but I have been using twitter significantly less the past 6-ish months. Before that I was still hopeful Elon would right the ship but it was getting unusable in my opinion, at least for my use needs. It also still seems I am getting pushed/promoted a large amount of shitty posts from shitty people with shitty opinions on shitty subjects I care nothing about.

If anything I am rightwing/conservative & closer to republican than anything besides libertarian & still find it unusable, Its just become a timeline of bad takes, or information I don't care about & ads I think are horrible.

A Few of the accounts I followed for work have stopped posting, and this is including Trump supporters/etc. All around, My experience is worse, and the content I am being pushed seems to be a mix of conspiracy, hate speech, and random uninteresting facts/spam.

Twitter already had a lot of issues and will continue to (regardless of who and how), BUT hopefully Elon rights the ship sooner than later and can get it to where its at a minimum useable sometime soon, as it was a very central & easy & profitable app to communicate with others.
    I can’t even begin to agree how true this is. At this point it’s as if the national enquirer started a message board. It’s all just ragebait conspiracy shit. So much of it is fake and outright false that it’s not even worth the time to address. I’m not sure if this is done deliberately or simply the fact that such shit gets high engagement. But after all there is a reason why the national enquirer has stood the test of time.

Also amazing how people have accepted a social media platform where you literally have to pay for preferred treatment and exposure. You literally have Elon simps with less than 1000 followers paying him to use the platform
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Load Metric
    Of course he’s anti-Semitic. All rich white people despise Jews. That’s why we don’t let them join our country clubs.

Thread Information