Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post

Billionaires are the rock stars of today’s pop culture. America, in particular, has always subscribed to the notion that if you are rich you have special insight and wisdom. Couple that with the fact that Musk is obviously highly intelligent and the meme kids like Sonatine & xfactor start throwing their panties on stage every time they utter a word.

Billionaires in pop culture is fashion and a product of our times. In other eras like the 60’s or 70’s he would have been reviled.

Musk and meme kids irritate me in countless ways. Musk feigning libertarian ideals with Twitter fucking annoys me currently. What annoys me is less Musk and more the dumb ass public eating his act up. Tesla, Spacex and Solar City would not exist if not for government subsidies. Not just the Feds but state governments like Nevada’s tax break for his factory there.

Now Biden is or was talking about EV tax breaks ($4500?) for union made cars and subsidies for charging stations for all EV’s and now Musk is talking pure bullshit about rejecting or not supporting any EV subsidies. He outgrew the subsidies that bankrolled him early on.

PT Barnum yet endlessly fascinating. He’s harmless. I hold the public in lower esteem.
Think about this......SpaceX is not even a publicly trade company yet. He still has that in his back pocket. He takes that public and God knows what his net worth/leverage will be. The global tech elites have never had someone like this in the opposite corner of the ring and they are scrambling. These are the type of people who are usually on their side. They are used to just running over anyone and anything in their path.