Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Disney's special privileges in Florida -- should they be removed?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tim Allen is back for Toy Story 5.

https://twitter.com/ofctimallen/status/1623479040295456768

They did not hire him for 2019's Toy Story 4, which performed the worst (by far) of the four Toy Story movies. Chris Evans took over voicing the character, and many felt he didn't understand it well, nor was the writing for the character consistent with the Buzz Lightyear which had been seen in other movies.

While no official statement was made regarding Allen's omission, many attributed it to his support of Trump.

Now he's back, and I have to assume that whatever Disney's woke objections were to his conservatism were overruled by those who want Toy Story 5 to be a success.

I have a feeling we will start seeing more of this sort of thing, and less of the woke bullshit like what was just seen in that cartoon posted with the CRT race baiting.

Toy Story 4 also had a lesbian kiss, which was removed from the final cut, but then restored for home/streaming versions in May 2022. I have a feeling that stuff like that will also stop happening in Disney films.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

They did not hire him for 2019's Toy Story 4, which performed the worst (by far) of the four Toy Story movies. Chris Evans took over voicing the character, and many felt he didn't understand it well, nor was the writing for the character consistent with the Buzz Lightyear which had been seen in other movies.

While no official statement was made regarding Allen's omission, many attributed it to his support of Trump.

Now he's back, and I have to assume that whatever Disney's woke objections were to his conservatism were overruled by those who want Toy Story 5 to be a success.

I have a feeling we will start seeing more of this sort of thing, and less of the woke bullshit like what was just seen in that cartoon posted with the CRT race baiting.

Toy Story 4 also had a lesbian kiss, which was removed from the final cut, but then restored for home/streaming versions in May 2022. I have a feeling that stuff like that will also stop happening in Disney films.
    It will be interesting to see if the left decides to go tit-for-tat and release some negative PR about Allen right before the release of this movie to sabotage it. I would not be surprised at all if they had some off-color soundbyte from him from years ago on the back-burner waiting for just such an occasion.

But then again, Disney holds a lot of clout on the left so they may be able to successfully prevent this from happening.

Comments

garrett: "Disney holds a lot of clout" probably true

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    I dont know about anybody else but the fact Disney could've built themselves a nuclear reaction I find just a wee bit concerning (Ok technically Im assuming it would still require the DOE at the Fed level to sign off if it had wanted to). Anyway, the irony is not only did Desantis eliminate Disneys self-governance board it also cut the legs out from under Orange County which is indeed leans left and had a plan to slap Disney with a huge tax bill to fund more leftist bullshit in the county. I do wonder though how this will affect public safety in the zone as Disney originally had its own fire, ambulance, and police around the property, will this continue as is or will it indeed revert to Orange County authority for public safety and what sort of compromise will exist on that part of a necessary tax/support bill to cover those services. If it remains separate will those service employees now become state employees and thus eligible for state retirement system.
    So California and Florida both have Orange Countys, and Disneys' 2 premier theme park/resorts are located in them respectively? Pretty weird coincidence.

Load Metric
    Disney got its clever lawyers to completely do an end-around of Ron DeSantis’ move to take control of Disney World.

Another report on this matter, including footage of the new board’s meeting where Disney’s poison pill was publicly revealed.

Last edited by MumblesBadly; 04-02-2023 at 05:08 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-b...232851111.html

"Reuters- New Florida board seeks power over Walt Disney World cities"

DeSantis has asked the Florida inspector general to investigate what he called "collusive and self-dealing arrangements" that aim to nullify recently passed legislation, and "defy the will of Floridians". He said the prior board’s actions appear to represent improper delegation of authority, among other violations.
    Last edited by garrett; 04-12-2023 at 06:39 AM.

Silver
    Load Metric

Just now seeing this post. And it’s entirely wrong.

Tim Allen was in Toy Story 4 which was released in 2019 and was a huge success at the box office.

He was not however in the prequel film “Lightyear” which was released in 2022. That movie was a box office bomb and Buzz was voiced by Chris Evans in that film. But Buzz has been voiced by Tim Allen in all the Toy Story movies.

However Tim Allen was back in the terrible Santa Clause series that came out on D+ in 2022 so one can reasonably infer Allen not being in the Lightyear film had nothing to do with supporting Trump since Disney hired him back at the same time to do a different legacy IP series.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Desantis looks like a dumbfuck but he's probably not.

After high school, DeSantis studied history at Yale University. He was captain of Yale's varsity baseball team and joined the Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity.[25][26] He was an outfielder on that team; as a senior in 2001, he had the team's best batting average at .336.[27][28][29][30] While attending Yale he worked a variety of jobs, including as an electrician's assistant and a coach at a baseball camp.[19] DeSantis graduated from Yale in 2001 with a B.A., magna cum laude.[31]

After Yale, he taught history and coached for a year at Darlington School in Georgia.[32] He subsequently attended Harvard Law School, graduating in 2005 with a Juris Doctor cum laude.

In 2004, during his second year at Harvard Law, DeSantis was commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Navy and assigned to the Navy Judge Advocate General's Corps (JAG). He completed Naval Justice School in 2005. Later that year, he reported to the JAG Trial Service Office Command South East at Naval Station Mayport, Florida, as a prosecutor. He was promoted from lieutenant, junior grade to lieutenant in 2006.

And much much more, he defended forced feeding at Guantanamo and a bunch of other Neocon shit.

He's not some clown, he knows the law. What's really interesting is he supports term limits, wants to audit the federal reserve

and
    DeSantis opted not to receive his congressional pension, and filed a measure that would eliminate pensions for members of Congress.[72] After introducing the End Pensions in Congress Act, DeSantis said, "The Founding Fathers envisioned elected officials as part of a servant class, yet Washington has evolved into a ruling class culture."[84]

tbh he may not be corrupt enough and he's way too pro Israel for my taste but aren't they all.

Thread Information