Thread: New Missing White Girl Naomi Irion

Bronze
    Load Metric

New Missing White Girl Naomi Irion

Irion was last seen in a Walmart parking lot in Fernley, Nevada, after 5 a.m. on March 12. It was where she typically parked her car and took an employee bus to her job manufacturing batteries at a Panasonic factory. The FBI said she was "abducted" from the parking lot "by a nondescript male."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/missing-n...ex-trafficking

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some people consider Fernley to be greater Reno, but the 30 miles or so of desert nothingness puts it a world away.

As usual, the Daily Mail has the most details/pics/videos: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...abduction.html

Of interest to me was the "pacing video", featuring the suspect pacing the parking lot prior to approaching her car. It's in the middle of the page, if you scroll down. When you find it, scroll to the 3 minute mark, as it's just an empty lot prior to that.

What you do see is the suspect walking on the sidewalk and then into the middle of the lot, seemingly waiting for something. What does this mean? While her family doesn't believe she knew her abductor, I have a feeling she did.

The guy didn't pop out of nowhere, like most forceful kidnappers do. He didn't seem concerned about being seen or caught doing anything. Instead, he showed up shortly before she got there, milled around the lot, and then got into her car on the driver's side, and had her scoot over to the passenger side. Then he drove off with her. She vanished, and he later got in another vehicle and left (not sure how the latter is known, but they have a picture of the vehicle.)

The article also mentioned that she was "into online dating", and had just met some dude in the afternoon for a first date, who is likely not involved. As soon as I heard that a girl from Fernley disappeared, I thought of online dating. That's very common for small town girls to do, as the local selection of guys tends to be both sparse and unimpressive.

Her family mentioned that she was at a parking lot where she usually took a bus to work. (I'm not sure why she didn't just drive to work, but maybe she's saving gas money or something.) Maybe she met some dude online who offered to drive her to work, in lieu of taking the bus, as kind of a weird get-to-know-you morning "date". That would explain why he was milling around waiting for her to arrive, and why she scooted over when he opened the passenger door. It also would explain why he wasn't worried at the time about being seen on camera.

So maybe the dude got handsy and she rejected him, and he flipped out and ended up hurting/killing her.

I'm guessing at all this, of course, but I don't think it's a sex trafficking ring, or anything else being theorized by her family. For all the sex trafficking panic in the US, it doesn't work like most people think. They don't just grab randoms off the street and sell them into sex trafficking. Instead, most sex trafficked girls are either runaways or illegal immigrants -- ones who feel dependent upon their pimps, and feel they have nowhere else to turn for help. Grabbing girls off the street for a sex trafficking operation is a horrible idea, as these girls are much more likely to run off or call for help.

Anyway, if this isn't some form of "freak she met from online ended up hurting/kidnapping/killing her", I'll be very surprised.

I'm guessing that she talked to some dude from a dating site, and he offered to pick her up and drive her to work, instead of having her take the bus there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's something else significant, though it may not seem that way on the surface.

Naomi Irion is 5'11" and about 240 pounds. That's according to this bulletin from the FBI: https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/naomi-christine-irion

This supports even more my belief that she was deep into these online dating apps, and was more vulnerable to trust a not-very-nice dude she might have met on there.

You have to imagine that she was probably self-conscious about her size (especially at 18, when girls are especially sensitive about their looks), and online can feel like a nice refuge from that when you encounter tons of guys telling you how beautiful you are.

She was kind of socially isolated anyway, because she had spent most of her life moving around the world with her family and didn't seem to have real connections in Fernley.

I'll be very shocked if this was a completely random kidnapping.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I think she ran away from her overly protective goofy family.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    I think she ran away from her overly protective goofy family.
    Not looking like that now.

They arrested a creepy looking 41-year-old dude from Fallon (about 27 miles from Fernley), after identifying the owner of that suspect vehicle.

The dude has a pretty bad history from when he was 17, including armed robbery and murder. Somehow he only got 15 years in prison, and I'm not sure how long he served. It's not clear if he was charged as an adult (I assume he was). The murder was of a drug dealer around his age, so perhaps this was seen more as criminal-on-criminal violence, and not dealt with as harshly.

Here an article about him at Heavy.com: https://heavy.com/news/troy-driver/

However, his age and creepy looks don't necessarily mean that this was a stranger-kidnapping.

This girl exactly fits the profile of someone who might be willing to date older men, or perhaps prefers it. It's also possible that Driver lied about his age and sent a fake pic, and set up this meeting with the intention to kidnap and/or rape her. Note that he had on a hoodie and mask, which was possibly to hide being identified on camera, but also could be to prevent her from being scared away until he got in the car. It did seem that he wasn't particularly worried about being caught on camera, as I noted earlier.

The police say that Driver showed up at the parking lot at 5:15am, just 6 minutes after she did. He then drove a little around the lot without his lights on, and then parked and milled around the lot on foot. At 5:24am, he jumped into her parked vehicle on the driver's side, and motioned for her to scoot over. Notice that he showed up to the lot AFTER she did. This is significant, because if he were previously watching her and lying in wait, he'd have been there before, and have everything well planned. Instead, it looks like this was some kind of meetup where he knew she'd be there.

I still would be quite shocked if this were a random event.

Unfortunately, there is a very high chance Naomi is dead, as it's been 2 weeks since she vanished, and she wasn't with Driver when he was arrested.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I found an article about Troy Driver's 1997 crime, which was indeed a murder, but he wasn't the main killer.

The killer was actually the girlfriend of the victim, who lured him to come take a look under the hood of a car, and then shot him in the head with a shotgun. Driver and another dude helped move and dump the body. All three were involved in the planning stages of this murder, which was premeditated. The shotgun was provided by either Driver or the other guy (it's not clear which one).

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1997/07...3955870321600/

The girlfriend, Alissa Marie Moore, then 18, was sentenced to 15-years-to-life for this one. There were fears that Moore would possibly be out by age 32, as she committed the murder at age 17. However, it hasn't happened. She's now 42, and still in the clink.

In 2013, she was denied parole: https://www.willitsnews.com/2013/11/...denied-parole/

She's still in prison: https://www.inmateaid.com/inmate-pro...sa-marie-moore

This actually surprises me, because California parole boards tend to be quite liberal, and she was a 17-year-old female at the time of the murder, which tends to get more leeway in spots like these than dudes in the same spot. Perhaps her behavior behind bars has been bad, or perhaps she isn't showing sufficient responsibility or remorse for what she did. The worst thing you can do at a parole hearing is take a "it wasn't me" attitude, or state that you were justified to commit the crime.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I found an article about Troy Driver's 1997 crime, which was indeed a murder, but he wasn't the main killer.

The killer was actually the girlfriend of the victim, who lured him to come take a look under the hood of a car, and then shot him in the head with a shotgun. Driver and another dude helped move and dump the body. All three were involved in the planning stages of this murder, which was premeditated. The shotgun was provided by either Driver or the other guy (it's not clear which one).

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1997/07...3955870321600/

The girlfriend, Alissa Marie Moore, then 18, was sentenced to 15-years-to-life for this one. There were fears that Moore would possibly be out by age 32, as she committed the murder at age 17. However, it hasn't happened. She's now 42, and still in the clink.

In 2013, she was denied parole: https://www.willitsnews.com/2013/11/...denied-parole/

She's still in prison: https://www.inmateaid.com/inmate-pro...sa-marie-moore

This actually surprises me, because California parole boards tend to be quite liberal, and she was a 17-year-old female at the time of the murder, which tends to get more leeway in spots like these than dudes in the same spot. Perhaps her behavior behind bars has been bad, or perhaps she isn't showing sufficient responsibility or remorse for what she did. The worst thing you can do at a parole hearing is take a "it wasn't me" attitude, or state that you were justified to commit the crime.
    I don't know what she looks like, but it is 99.9% certain she is white. I suspect liberal parole boards are mostly only lenient when the person isn't white, which tends to be the case in most murders. Also, if the person has the correct melanin content they don't really care if the person shows remorse or not. No way to know for sure, but IMO it would be very likely if she wasn't white she would be out of prison, regardless of her level of remorse.

It also shouldn't come as a big surprise that a 5'11" 240 pound girl going missing is getting much less attention than the other one, who was attractive and not obese.

Gold
    Load Metric
    She's dead

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Killer donkdown

He killed himself in solitary.

https://www.kunr.org/local-stories/2...imself-in-jail

He also apparently confessed to an ex-girlfriend in a letter from jail, and claimed he felt guilty for what he did.

Silver
    Load Metric
    It's pretty sad that White Women going missing gets a LOT of attention, but a Black man around 22 was found DEAD with his phone found broken like 10 miles from where he was found DEAD as if someone murdered him and then broke his phone and dropped it 10 miles away, like trying to cover up the Murder, and his case only got like one channel covering it, with his Mother demanding answers to how her Son died, like Mothers should do. She had called the Police and they gave her the run around, but let this have been say a 22 WHITE WOMAN wgo was found dead with her phone broken 10 miles away and see how fast a lot of people would have been on that case. :/

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nathan View Post
    It's pretty sad that White Women going missing gets a LOT of attention, but a Black man around 22 was found DEAD with his phone found broken like 10 miles from where he was found DEAD as if someone murdered him and then broke his phone and dropped it 10 miles away, like trying to cover up the Murder, and his case only got like one channel covering it, with his Mother demanding answers to how her Son died, like Mothers should do. She had called the Police and they gave her the run around, but let this have been say a 22 WHITE WOMAN wgo was found dead with her phone broken 10 miles away and see how fast a lot of people would have been on that case. :/
    Missing and found dead are not the same thing.

Load Metric
    Please can we use real names? Referring to them as 22 year old black man and 22 year old black mans mother is pretty disrespectful. Unfortunately this is how society treats victims of crime so I can't blame you for being insensitive. But how disrespectful to mention your case to prove a point and not even take the time to learn the grieving mothers name and pass it on.

I googled the case and this is what I came up with. Will likely take a few hours to sort through these results.

Name:  big number.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  44.3 KB
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's pretty sad that White Women going missing gets a LOT of attention, but a Black man around 22 was found DEAD with his phone found broken like 10 miles from where he was found DEAD as if someone murdered him and then broke his phone and dropped it 10 miles away, like trying to cover up the Murder, and his case only got like one channel covering it, with his Mother demanding answers to how her Son died, like Mothers should do. She had called the Police and they gave her the run around, but let this have been say a 22 WHITE WOMAN wgo was found dead with her phone broken 10 miles away and see how fast a lot of people would have been on that case.
    You're actually correct that there is a ton of disproportionate media coverage when white women under 40 disappear.

It's also correct that missing women of other races do not get the same coverage, unless they appear white or semi-white, such as Laci Peterson (she was actually Hispanic, but looked white).

However, race was NOT a factor regarding the black guy you're talking about here. Unless they are already famous, missing men absolutely never get any coverage when they vanish. It doesn't matter if they're white, black, or any other race. Doesn't matter if they're rich or poor. If a dude goes missing, it just doesn't make the news, beyond maybe local news.

For example, if I were to disappear, it might make the local papers, and the poker community would probably talk about it. That would be it.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Please can we use real names? Referring to them as 22 year old black man and 22 year old black mans mother is pretty disrespectful. Unfortunately this is how society treats victims of crime so I can't blame you for being insensitive. But how disrespectful to mention your case to prove a point and not even take the time to learn the grieving mothers name and pass it on.

I googled the case and this is what I came up with. Will likely take a few hours to sort through these results.

Good point, but the fact that only ONE channel covered his death proves my point on how hard it is to find even their NAMES.

Load Metric

Good point, but the fact that only ONE channel covered his death proves my point on how hard it is to find even their NAMES.
    Say her name!
    PokerfraudAlert acknowledges that our message board is on the unceded, unsurrendered Territory of Donkdown.com who's presence stretches back to that of Neverwinpoker and the Lithuanians. As such we acknowledge the great role that Tony G, Jewdonk, any many other Lithuanians have contributed to our community.

Silver
    Load Metric

Say her name!
    I don't know her name because I can't even FIND the case anymore!

Thread Information