Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poker news - Micon back

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also I know he's out now, but I thought for years that Scott Seiver was a huge douche, but I've gotten to like him a lot better in the past 2 years or so. Seems to take himself a lot less seriously now, and has removed the bad beat whining from his Twitter game.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here goes Yu / Micon in PLO

AdKdKcJc Micon
    Ah6h6d9d Yu

Micon in good shape pre

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Wow, Yu flops a million outs and is a 2-1 favorite to win, and Micon somehow fades it and wins with KK unassisted, to double.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    30k/60k blinds now. Nobody has more than 2.2m. Nobody has less than 640k.

Pertty much anyone's game here 5-handed. Basically a rungood contest, provided nobody makes a donk move.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Micon;s NFT collection alone is worth 1 million.

I'd feel very safe his networth is above 10 million at this point
    Net worth should include the human being ratio. Very few maintain their position.
    Name:  F7758338-026A-40D5-8310-AB1193684F4A.jpeg
Views: 617
Size:  76.9 KB

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Enjoyable to get to watch mixed games rather than the 99% NLHE you usually see.
    Last edited by Belly Buster; 03-22-2022 at 03:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Phil looks in decent shape health wise.

Heads-up with Micon would be pretty lol but I don’t see it happening

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Seals was just brought up by Nejad (who I assume is the male announcer), and Maria Ho just replied, "I have a feeling that Micon held onto a lot of that bitcoin he raked there."

VERY LIKELY CORRECT MARIA

Load Metric
    Micon out

Load Metric
    Seals was just brought up by Nejad (who I assume is the male announcer), and Maria Ho just replied, "I have a feeling that Micon held onto a lot of that bitcoin he raked there."

Getting snapped off clean a decade ago only for Micon to become incredibly wealthy and embraced by the poker elite explains the Jewdonk-level envy here.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Getting snapped off clean a decade ago only for Micon to become incredibly wealthy and embraced by the poker elite explains the Jewdonk-level envy here.
    No envy. I know you like to say that to troll, but there isn't any. I was doing well then, and I'm still doing well.

I was just giving my nod of approval to Maria's theory about his wealth, which while impossible to verify, is what I strongly believe as well.

Load Metric

No envy. I know you like to say that to troll, but there isn't any. I was doing well then, and I'm still doing well.

I was just giving my nod of approval to Maria's theory about his wealth, which while impossible to verify, is what I strongly believe as well.
    micon is a billionaire though, gotta sting that his "cute little science project" made him a billionaire while you pinch pennies and argue with Drs about bills

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

micon is a billionaire though, gotta sting that his "cute little science project" made him a billionaire while you pinch pennies and argue with Drs about bills

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

Billionaire?? Yeah no fucking way. Now an 8 figure life roll is easily believeable he’s sitting on in also gonna bet it’s diversified now and not just in BTC. He’s probably running his own ETH2 node and making 15-20% on his locked up ETH doing verification transactions alone. Anybody who can do it even as a part of a group owner of a node is smart easy passive income.

Load Metric
    Mixed games are the best; have found so much more enjoyment with poker later life just fucking around with as many games as possible playing casually versus grinding volume for profit.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mixed games are the best; have found so much more enjoyment with poker later life just fucking around with as many games as possible playing casually versus grinding volume for profit.
    Some people love mixed games, and I see the appeal, but they kind of make my head hurt.

I go to a home game sometimes, which is a mixture of typical recs and good recs. Some of the older ones have been playing since the 70s, decades before NL holdem was popular. It's low stakes, so it's just for fun.

Part of the reason I enjoy that home game is because I get practice at games like Stud and Stud8 where I still need work.

Still, I find it a bit stressful to constantly change gears and switch my mindset regarding the game. I like playing a variety of games, but more from the standpoint of switching it up day-to-day, not orbit-to-orbit.

However, I will say that it's nice to play different poker games besides holdem, and I wish more tournament series featured more games than just the usual NLHE and PLO.

Load Metric
    Some people love mixed games, and I see the appeal, but they kind of make my head hurt.

I go to a home game sometimes, which is a mixture of typical recs and good recs. Some of the older ones have been playing since the 70s, decades before NL holdem was popular. It's low stakes, so it's just for fun.

Part of the reason I enjoy that home game is because I get practice at games like Stud and Stud8 where I still need work.

Still, I find it a bit stressful to constantly change gears and switch my mindset regarding the game. I like playing a variety of games, but more from the standpoint of switching it up day-to-day, not orbit-to-orbit.

However, I will say that it's nice to play different poker games besides holdem, and I wish more tournament series featured more games than just the usual NLHE and PLO.
    I enjoy the mixed games, but I’m particularly poor at switching gears in the flow of the game also. I started out playing a lot of tournaments online around 2000 and did really well. Did very well in heads up sit-n-goes at the highest stakes back them, which were like $200 on UB, maybe $500 eventually.

Won their nightly bigger tournaments and Aruba packages more times than I can count. Most were in that 250 range of players fields, so basically a higher stakes version of the Stars 180 with 200 truly bad players in 2000-2005.

I would get into limit and played countless sessions with reggiman back then on UB also. Probably you also, but like me, you had different names on each site.

Reggiman always stuck in my head as I was sick at the time and the best description of my condition was stuck at home sick in Pittsburgh. So stuckinpgh was a name that immediately popped jumped off the screen. I’d play 30/60 regularly. Less so higher, and you played really high back then, so it’s possible we didn’t play much.

I got into NL ring games later, mostly 6 max. I could log in and do well in any of those disciplines, but for whatever reason, if I’d bounce between them during a single session, I struggled to adapt.

Once I got well, I played much less, so I never knew if it was a product of not having the mental energy or caring about the money when I was sick enough to stay disciplined? I don’t think so though. I’m kind of a hyper focus on one task person rather than multi-tasker and don’t think I’d do well at it. I noticed as multi-tabling became a thing, I wasn’t nearly as good at it.

I would never play 8 game for anything more than fun $, but I’d play a full session at most of the games and feel confident.

I like watching it, but it’s not like a NL tourney or game where I view it and think I’d fare well against the field. Watching it, I think I’d struggle and be dead money in this event. That Micon does well at it isn’t completely shocking. The kid always had very demonstrable ADD imo. Hard to keep him focused. Not saying he’s a great 8 game player. I wouldn’t be the one to judge that, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s a better 8 game player than any single game given his attention issues. He was a likable dude, but that aspect of his personality drove me crazy a little on the forums, but big time on the radio. That was peak radio back then. Party atmosphere and everyone was young. You and Drexel and even Adam occasionally would be killing a subject matter and he’d lose all interest and get distracted and want to end it all.

As someone who likes deep dives into interesting subjects, that quirk irritated the fuck out of me, as he also had the show is over when I’m done attitude back then as he wanted some of the hosts to continue the party off air with him.

So he’s probably a little better at switching games than he was at mastering any game in particular.

It seems Micon’s charmed existence continues. Good for him. Not a bad guy at all, just kind of young back then. Whenever I hear him talk now, he’s still arrogant, but much more relaxed and interesting. Wish he had that temperament back then. Doubt it would have ever ended as it did.

Comments

country978: stay well brother

Baron Von Strucker: the cutting it off clean was annoying and shoenfield was fanning those flames but they had great synergy for a while.
    Last edited by BCR; 03-23-2022 at 07:11 AM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    is there any way possible someone can post the old vids of Micon in his car from the NWP days?

Load Metric
    Are the Seals “breakfast with the chairman” videos gone?

Civilization has taken a huge step back.

Thread Information