Page 21 of 104 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: ***OFFICIAL RUSSIA/UKRAINE WAR*** thread

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post

Real reason coach K retired is over the 60 year mark by 15 years all the best to coach K
    Seriously whats to stop Putin from going to nukes? He bombed a nuclear facility plus bombing women and children I can't see a line he won't cross.
    You are probably giving too much credit the Russians actually know what and who they are bombing, or even have the capability to control their bombs. We accidentally (some would argue not an accident) bomb civilians in war zones where we have complete control of the skies (which they dont) and our technology and control is levels above Russia on top of that.

Also you are probably giving Putin way too much credit that he is even aware of what is going on. He probably has a sense it is going poorly overall, but he is probably surrounded by yes men who aren't giving him very good info (because they want to keep living).
    Last edited by Kalam; 03-07-2022 at 05:35 AM.

Load Metric

Real reason coach K retired is over the 60 year mark by 15 years all the best to coach K
    Seriously whats to stop Putin from going to nukes? He bombed a nuclear facility plus bombing women and children I can't see a line he won't cross.
    Why would Putin nuke Ukraine? The whole point of the invasion was likely to install a new pro Russian government there.

Putin could bomb Ukraine to hell if they wanted but what’s the point if you destroy the country? He expected that Ukraine would just roll over and accept a new government with little resistance.

Also nuke plants are pretty robust. They were not targeting a reactor. Still not a great thing to do but there is a huge difference between dropping a nuke and attacking a power plant.

As horrible as Putin Is he’s been relatively restrained here and many more Russia soldiers have reportedly died than Ukrainians. Still not sure if I believe that but it’s being reported that way by Ukrainian and western media.

Comments

blubbernuffle: this

gimmick:
    Last edited by BetCheckBet; 03-07-2022 at 06:18 AM.

Load Metric

Comments

devidee: Trump wants team USA to bomb Russia

blubbernuffle: team retard

Entropy: Trump's the one who sold Ukraine Stingers and Javelin missiles.

Sanlmar: Stupid comes in all the colors of the rainbow

dwai: fucking idiot

mickeycrimm: TheXFactor = Moron

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Why would Putin nuke Ukraine? The whole point of the invasion was likely to install a new pro Russian government there.

Putin could bomb Ukraine to hell if they wanted but what’s the point if you destroy the country? He expected that Ukraine would just roll over and accept a new government with little resistance.

Also nuke plants are pretty robust. They were not targeting a reactor. Still not a great thing to do but there is a huge difference between dropping a nuke and attacking a power plant.

As horrible as Putin Is he’s been relatively restrained here and many more Russia soldiers have reportedly died than Ukrainians. Still not sure if I believe that but it’s being reported that way by Ukrainian and western media.
    Ukraine has very rich and prized farmland. It might be a decade (if ever) before anyone felt comfortable with Ukraine agriculture.

Putin is just changing the narrative a little bit and keeping outsiders at bay.

Comments

herbertstemple: Ukraine is the worlds largest wheat field.

Load Metric
    Skimmed this from CNN. I kept right on moving cause obviously…..

Over the weekend, the former President provided a glimpse into how he may have handled on the ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine -- and it is a doozy.

According to audio obtained by The Washington Post, Trump told a group of Republican donors in New Orleans that the United States should paint Chinese flags on its F-22 planes and then use those planes to bomb Russia.

"And then we say, 'China did it, we didn't do it, China did it,' and then they start fighting with each other and we sit back and watch," Trump concluded.
    Can’t get it out of my head though. The source was just some Washington Post audio and I refuse to give Bezos money for the Washington Post so I can’t read it. If you guys wanna lob grenades back and forth something might come of it and maybe one of you loses an eye.

There is part of me that believes Trump might have negotiated an agreement with Putin before it all came to this.

The result would certainly have pissed off NATO and kept tongues wagging but he knew how to bargain. Set aside all your Trump angst and admit he could wheel and deal as Roy Cohn taught him. The result could not have possibly been worse than this. I am no longer a Trump guy by any means but he might have been the guy for the job. Then again, you read stuff like the above….

Blinken is the guy the CIA needs to take out.
    Last edited by Sanlmar; 03-07-2022 at 11:02 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Skimmed this from CNN. I kept right on moving cause obviously…..

Over the weekend, the former President provided a glimpse into how he may have handled on the ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine -- and it is a doozy.

According to audio obtained by The Washington Post, Trump told a group of Republican donors in New Orleans that the United States should paint Chinese flags on its F-22 planes and then use those planes to bomb Russia.

"And then we say, 'China did it, we didn't do it, China did it,' and then they start fighting with each other and we sit back and watch," Trump concluded.
    Can’t get it out of my head though. The source was just some Washington Post audio and I refuse to give Bezos money for the Washington Post so I can’t read it. If you guys wanna lob grenades back and forth something might come of it and maybe one of you loses an eye.

If you're Putin can you risk fully invading Ukraine with Trump as President? My hypothesis on the weekend was a hard no -- too risky with Trump at the helm. **debate was while intoxicated but I can only assume all my points were valid and politically correct.

Comments

Sanlmar: Drunk does not preclude you from being correct. I’ve seen you gamble so I know this is true.

Load Metric
    Name:  DCA2FE54-3EB2-4C9F-8407-10C7234E4A19.jpeg
Views: 337
Size:  79.1 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    You are probably giving too much credit the Russians actually know what and who they are bombing, or even have the capability to control their bombs. We accidentally (some would argue not an accident) bomb civilians in war zones where we have complete control of the skies (which they dont) and our technology and control is levels above Russia on top of that.

Also you are probably giving Putin way too much credit that he is even aware of what is going on. He probably has a sense it is going poorly overall, but he is probably surrounded by yes men who aren't giving him very good info (because they want to keep living).
    I didn't mean for him to nuke ukraine because there would be too much of fallout if he did. I meant what's to stop him from nuking us.

Load Metric

I didn't mean for him to nuke ukraine because there would be too much of fallout if he did. I meant what's to stop him from nuking us.
    mutually assured destruction

Load Metric

[edit: misread your post - you get it]

If Afghan children were blond and held teddy bears we’d be having a different conversation.

Both super powers give their military too much credit despite both having terrible win loss records. But I dig the optimism

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20220307-181614_Reddit.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  378.0 KB

Comments

Entropy: *Psst! they're Mossad and ex IDF leading a few misfits.

Load Metric
    Name:  1F6B8214-2D3F-4F2D-AB7B-72CC7FBDD26B.jpeg
Views: 300
Size:  53.9 KB

Load Metric
    Interesting report from Peter Berezin(Wall Street analyst for BCA Research) who thinks the world has a 10% of ending over the next 12 months. His reasoning: If Putin feels that he has no future, he may try to take everyone down with him. Also writes that “markets could experience a freakout moment over the next few weeks, similar to what happened at the outset of the pandemic. Talks about how Potassium Iodide(some protection from inhaled or swallowed radiation) is having a huge price spike on Amazon.

https://moneycentral.com.ng/markets/...stocks-anyway/

One Bank Sees 10% Chance Of “Civilization-Ending Global Nuclear War”, Says Buy Stocks Anyway

In recent days with tensions of a global war running at the highest level in decades, an apocryphal story from Art Cashin has been making the rounds across trading desks: one in which the venerable trader explains why when Wall Street was gripped by a selling panic during the Cuban Missile Crisis, the right move was the buy everything:

There was the lesson I learned during the Cuban Missile Crisis. At the time I was studying with “Professor Jack” under a Moosehead, in a saloon called “Eberlin’s” down the block from the exchange. The tuition was paid in scotch “old fashions.” Classes lasted until either you ran out of money to buy drinks or Jack ran out of the ability to stand.

Jack was actually a 62 year-old trader in silver stocks but he had more in his head than is in most university libraries.
    Anyway, it was the Cuban Missile Crisis and there were rumors that Russia had launched rockets and the Dow took a dive near the bell.

I cleaned up my desk and raced to the Moosehead, as animated as only an 18 year-old can be. Jack was already there and as I burst through the door, I shouted: “Jack! Jack, there was a strong rumor that the missiles were flying and I tried to sell the market but failed.”

Jack said “Calm down kid! First buy me a drink and then sit down and listen to me.” I ordered the drink and meekly sat down.
    Jack said – “Look kid, if you hear the missiles are flying, you buy them. You don’t sell them.”

“You buy them?” I said, somewhat puzzled.
    “Sure you buy them!” said Jack. “Cause if you’re wrong, the trade will never clear. We’ll all be dead.”
    That’s a lesson you won’t learn in the Wharton School.

Fast forward almost 50 years when on Friday, BCA Research global chief strategist Peter Berezin published a rather bizarre note echoing much of the above.

In a note published with the shocking title “Rising Risk Of A Nuclear Apocalypse”, Berezin writes that “the risk of Armageddon has risen dramatically” and is now at an “uncomfortably high 10% chance” for the following reasons:

if Putin feels that he has no future, he may try to take everyone down with him. The collapse in the ruble, and what is sure to be a major plunge of living standards across Russia, could foment internal opposition to Putin. A quiet retirement is not an option for him.

Although there is a huge margin of error around any estimate, subjectively, we would assign an uncomfortably high 10% chance of a civilization-ending global nuclear war over the next 12 months. These odds place some credence on Brandon Carter’s highly controversial Doomsday Argument.

Berezin caveats that even if World War III is ultimately averted, “markets could experience a freakout moment over the next few weeks, similar to what happened at the outset of the pandemic. Google searches for nuclear war are already spiking.”

Berezin the writes that “the market today reminds me of early 2020” noting that he wrote a report on February 21 of that year entitled “Markets Too Complacent About The Coronavirus,” in which he said that a full-blown pandemic “could lead to 20 million deaths worldwide,” and that “This would likely trigger a global downturn as deep as the Great Recession of 2008/09, with the only consolation being that the recovery would be much more rapid than the one following the financial crisis.”

“Many saw that report as alarmist, just as they saw our subsequent decision to upgrade stocks in March as cavalier.”

While admitting that a global thermonuclear outcome is still unlikely, Berezin adds that “just to be on the safe side, I picked up a couple of bottles of Potassium Iodide earlier this week. When I checked the pharmacy again yesterday, all the bottles were sold out. They are now being hawked on Amazon for ten times the regular price.”
    Does the spike in risk of a civilization ending event mean one should sell their investments and enjoy what little time may be left? On the contrary, according to the BCA strategist, “despite the risk of nuclear war, it makes sense to stay constructive on stocks over the next 12 months.”
    Why? Because as Art Cashin explained a while back, “If an ICBM is heading your way, the size and composition of your portfolio becomes irrelevant. Thus, from a purely financial perspective, you should largely ignore existential risk, even if you do care about it greatly from a personal perspective.”
    And while his forecast over the next 12 months is especially nebulous, in light of the risk of a global nuclear war, Berezin turns more bearish when looking out beyond the next year or two, when “the new cold war will lead to higher, not lower, interest rates. Increased spending on defense and alternative energy sources will prop up aggregate demand, especially in Europe where the need to diversify away from Russian gas is greatest.”
    Meanwhile, “the shift to a multipolar world will expedite the retreat from globalization”, which was an important force restraining inflation – and interest rates – over the past few decades.

Lastly, Berezin warns that the ever-present danger of war could prompt households to reduce savings: “It does not make sense to save for a rainy day if that day never arrives. Lower savings implies a higher equilibrium rate of interest.”

As a result, BCA expects that after raising rates modesty this year, the Fed will resume hiking rates towards the end of 2023 or in 2024, “as it becomes clear that the neutral rate in nominal terms is closer to 3%-to-4% rather than the 2% that the market assumes.”

At that point, Berezin concludes that “the secular bull market in equities will likely end.”

Comments

Sanlmar: FANTASTIC. thank you

Tellafriend:
    Save a Cow - Eat a Vegetarian, they're grass-fed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by devidee View Post
    Name:  1F6B8214-2D3F-4F2D-AB7B-72CC7FBDD26B.jpeg
Views: 300
Size:  53.9 KB
    That’s good

Now make one for the US

Load Metric
    Name:  D74DEEC0-9D42-436D-B8B4-A550675E8B5F.jpeg
Views: 280
Size:  96.4 KB

Comments

dwai: based

Load Metric
    Name:  7E1F32F8-DA94-4205-99D1-B696391F99BA.jpeg
Views: 253
Size:  131.6 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    Did you see SNL and the many other pundits and shows attacking TC, making fun of him etc

Under pressure, TC hits it out of the park again. They didn't throw him off his game all.
    It's not a game and you'd be wise to check this out.

I'm really starting to think Biden may be a Chinese asset.

Comments

Gordman: You were already banned here. GTFO

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Did you see SNL and the many other pundits and shows attacking TC, making fun of him etc

Under pressure, TC hits it out of the park again. They didn't throw him off his game all.
    It's not a game and you'd be wise to check this out.

I'm really starting to think Biden may be a Chinese asset.

Shut it down FPS_Russia

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Both super powers give their military too much credit despite both having terrible win loss records. But I dig the optimism
    Our military never loses wars. Never even loses battles. Our politicians lose the wars because they are punks. In Ukraine the Russian military is showing the world just how impotent it is. There was a confrontation in Syria between Russian and American forces. We wiped them out in short order.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Thread Information