Thread: PFA Needs Nugenix

Bronze
    Load Metric

PFA Needs Nugenix

Watching bad TV and keep seeing commercials for Nugenix Total T. People in the commercials see Frank Thomas and Doug Flutie and go nuts and say “You guys look great!” But, the fact is, they don’t.
    Thomas looks like he is 330 lbs. Flutie looks ok for his age but, there is no reason for anyone to go crazy about anything. These are old men. In a similar way, this site, PFA, as Tyde said, is fading, on life support, crawling towards oblivion. There are almost no poker topics on the main page. Todd does vampire podcasts overnight, speaking into the darkness while his family sleeps, doing podcasts with no warning and no live listeners, with almost no topics about poker on the last episode. Everyone on the message board seems to be old and conservative. Cranky old men saying get off my lawn. What happened to the old spark and gamble, the rebellion of the old DD and NWP? The old energy of screw the man and post offensive stuff because why the fuck not? Who is gonna stop us?

So are we all old and near death now? Is it over? Truly over? The outlandish dreams of youth have bitten the dust?

Were people confident back in the day because they were winning at online poker, and then the games dried up and ruined the whole thing? Is that it?

Comments

splitthis: Libs here need thorazine

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I take the completely opposite view. This forum's decline is mainly due to macro trends that are headwinds that simply cannot be overcome. It has outlasted a vast majority of its brethren. It's amazing (and a huge credit to Druff) that it still exists at all.

I've been here since 2016 and there's certainly been a decline in everything that you mention, (poker topics, overall traffic, etc.) but the decline pales in comparison to some other sites like 4. as I said above it's damn near a miracle that it's still alive.

Comments

JeffDime: Agree.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by go_buccos View Post
    I take the completely opposite view. This forum's decline is mainly due to macro trends that are headwinds that simply cannot be overcome. It has outlasted a vast majority of its brethren. It's amazing (and a huge credit to Druff) that it still exists at all.

I've been here since 2016 and there's certainly been a decline in everything that you mention, (poker topics, overall traffic, etc.) but the decline pales in comparison to some other sites like 4. as I said above it's damn near a miracle that it's still alive.
    LOL hi Druff.

I.would recommend all of the weak olds take shrooms or ayahuasca instead to shake up the head space. Most of the 50+ crowd is too broken down for testosterone.

Druff can barely walk now and giving mickeycrimm Nugenix would be a huge liability, to himself and the community.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    go_buccos is very real and has called into radio before.

In any case, the last radio show had little about poker because almost nothing interesting happened in poker over the prior 2 weeks. Still haven't edited yet because I've had stuff to do during the past 2 days (including right now).

The difference between this site and old NWP/DD is basically what was already said above. Times have changed, and poker itself has declined in popularity.

Social acceptance of offensive internet content in the 2000s versus 2020s is tremendously different. I try to retain most of the atmosphere and spirit of NWP/DD, but at the same time, my real name is associated with this site, and I have to answer to the public for whatever appears here. And I actually have to see thousands of people every summer, plus whomever runs into me at the card rooms throughout the rest of the year.

It's easy to be really offensive if you are only known as "Dive Bar Dave" or "Sloppy Joe", but a lot tougher when it's connected to the real you.

Age has to do with it a little bit, too. It's easier for people accepting you running an edgy, offensive site when you're in your 20s or 30s. At this point, I'm over 50, and it's mostly middle-aged and older people who follow me these days. They're just not looking for that type of content anymore. The young cucks can't relate to me and wouldn't follow me anyway.

Thread Information