It was teased since late December, but finally showed up today.

Runs from May 31st through July 20th. Tournament of Champions is BACK. Sadly it didn't exist the one year I was a champion, having been eliminated after 2004. I think it came back at some point, and then vanished again, but now it's returned. It's the final event.

But for the rest of us who probably won't win a 2022 bracelet or ring, here's the full schedule:

https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

Things of note:

- There's a new "Housewarming $500 NL" event at the beginning of the series, with a $5M guarantee. I'm sure it will be a zoo. I won't be playing. This is similar to other massive field, $500-ish buyin events they've had over the years.

- The idiotic Flip-N-Go thing is BACk. Disappointing. I won't be playing.

- They finally wised up and put a bunch of the limit stuff together near the beginning. Never understood why they were scattered, which makes it tough for non-locals to play them al. However, HORSE and a few other limit events are still in the middle and later series.

- It's largely similar overall to the last 2 years combined. Honestly not a lot of innovation this year.

- Sadly, not many straight $1000/$1500 full ring NL freezouts this year

- Limit Holdem $3k and Limit Holdem $10k are back-to-back days. Dumb. This will kill the field of the latter.

On a personal note, this is the first year I can play the Seniors, but it's very inconveniently placed on the schedule for me. So not sure what I'll do.

As the WSOP is a huge pool of COVID transmission, I will also have to see where everything stands with that before deciding to play. Last year, I elected only to play the Main, and only after I had been boosted. However, at the moment, there is no mask or vax requirement for the WSOP, which is delighting a lot of the anti-vax types. I think this is the correct decision, by the way.